Anyone ever try Air Alert?

I've done the whole program and it does increase your vert but you knees without proper streching and flooring your kneeswill pay the price.

How long is the Vertical Jump bible? And is it like the same thing? What's different?

I guess it'll work.. Im a believer in doing basic weightless exercises first to develop a solid foundation. Doing squats, lunges, qaud blasts and calfraises will pretty much work out the important muscles and develop a good base.

Proceeding that you might want to try some basic plyo's first, or maybe a few weeks of AA3. After that you should hit the gym. Squat squat squat! Deadlifts, lunges. Then you'll really see a difference.

I got told plyometrics is just like a turbo.. it can make anything faster, but having a decent engine + a turbo is something more all round.. kinda soundssilly but thats how I see things.

Originally Posted by aJ232Kb8

Originally Posted by nick0lis

i've done jumpsoles before.
they worked pretty well for me, not quite sure what air alert is...
details?

Jumpsoles is basically a an attachment for your sneakers that keeps your heels of the ground. So when you pu it on they so to workout and play ball or whateverwith them on. As soon as you put them on I guess you can already feel it activating your calf muscles. There's a video on Youtube about making them withCrocs and a pool "noodle" instead of spending the money on real ones cause they're pretty expensive.

Added 10 inches to my vert using it in highschool. Had me pinning layups after 12 weeks. Good program. I used Air Alert 2. Not sure about whether it damagesyour knee though, I did my workouts in my house with sneakers on carpet.

Originally Posted by steven42lh

Added 10 inches to my vert using it in highschool. Had me pinning layups after 12 weeks. Good program. I used Air Alert 2. Not sure about whether it damages your knee though, I did my workouts in my house with sneakers on carpet.

I'll be doing it the same way. In my basketball sneakers on the carpet. Just finished the first day of doing it after playing ball all day so I knowI'm stretched out pretty good. Seemed pretty basic all though I did break out a nice sweat. But the thing is this is only week one it's only getsahrder after this. So I'm talking !%!% now but I'll be taking it back soon. Lol.

Please stretch BEFORE and AFTER you do this program whatever you do. I am about 5.9 1/2 and was dunking from just outside the dotted line on a full court run. I always have been a one leg jumper, but jumping off 2 ft. for rebounds was ALOT easier but never could dunk off 2 feet. I completed aa1 and aa2 severaltimes. But, going thru college and working and just getting older I ATTEMPTED a dunk last Monday for the first time in 3 years. I feel quick sharp pains inmy knees when I make moves playing pickup ball. I really feel like that pain is associated with air alert. I want to try part 3 but I am up in the air. Iwant to drop some more weight before I try it again. Goodluck whatever you do and make sure you stretch and use a soft surface i.e. grass, carpet, multiplegym mats on top of each other and remember to stretch, stretch and stretch again. Oh yeah make sure you stretch!!!!!

Originally Posted by Capo617

Originally Posted by steven42lh

Added 10 inches to my vert using it in highschool. Had me pinning layups after 12 weeks. Good program. I used Air Alert 2. Not sure about whether it damages your knee though, I did my workouts in my house with sneakers on carpet.

I'll be doing it the same way. In my basketball sneakers on the carpet. Just finished the first day of doing it after playing ball all day so I know I'm stretched out pretty good. Seemed pretty basic all though I did break out a nice sweat. But the thing is this is only week one it's only gets ahrder after this. So I'm talking !%!% now but I'll be taking it back soon. Lol.

Yup. I did it every weekday and took off weekends from it just like the program said. I used to be drenched (and exhausted) when the workouts would come to theend, but after 7 or 8 workouts you should see a noticeable difference in quickness and elevation. Stay faithful to the program and stay hydrated and you willbe pleased.

would absolutely NOT reccomend Air Alert. I did it four years ago (freshman year of college), ended up dislocating my left knee playing pickup ball six weeksinto the program. I have since dislocated that same knee again, the second time tearing my MCL. Not sure if its directly related to doing AA, but i dont thinkit helped me. It simply condenses too much into too short of a time span. Go pick up (or find somewhere online) Vertical Jump Bible. The author of this book isan olympic trainer that works with jump athletes, and breaks things down MUCH better than a set workout thats supposed to be a "one size fits all"type program. Air Alert was originally designed for a NBA athlete, not your average individual hoping for a few more inches. VJB actually has some basic testsyou can do on yourself to determine what type of jumper you are, and where your weaknesses in jumping are, so you can spend more time and energy working onthose, rather than an all around workout. Its a lot of the same principles, almost all pliometrics, with suggestions for weight workouts if you're lackingin that area (again, tests help you determine this). This guy knows his stuff, and even has some direct criticism in the beginning of the book about Air Alert.I highly suggest it.

Already seeing results from this. Just finished my first week yesterday and I'm already seeing results. Wish I would've worked my legs before. Istarted off with having to have a running start to hit backboard with all my fingers, now I can one step hop and tap it. Should be getting some good gains inthe next couple of weeks.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Capo617

Originally Posted by aJ232Kb8

Originally Posted by nick0lis

i've done jumpsoles before.
they worked pretty well for me, not quite sure what air alert is...
details?

Jumpsoles is basically a an attachment for your sneakers that keeps your heels of the ground. So when you pu it on they so to workout and play ball or whatever with them on. As soon as you put them on I guess you can already feel it activating your calf muscles. There's a video on Youtube about making them with Crocs and a pool "noodle" instead of spending the money on real ones cause they're pretty expensive.
Do jumpsoles really work? my boy gave them to me for free but idk if they work or not..

i did it back in high school and i got about 8 inches off of it, and got quite a bit of quickness from it too
at the end of it i was able to get my wrist at the rim (5'9'')

i also developed patella tendonitis in my left knee, doc said it was from overuse

id recommend supplementing this program with squats, and also taking a joint supplement to help your knees
they're much easier to find now, you can pick up a combo of MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin sulfate at costco

if my knee ever starts acting up i just start taking the supp again and its fine

Don't do Air ALert, there are better programs out there. I mean, it'll work, but it's not optimal. It's the equivalent of like saying I'mnot going to eat so I can lose weight. Again effective, but not the best one to go about it nor well thought out. It's just a few exercises and aridiculous rep progression scheme that will literally have you doing over 1200 of something everyday.

See if you can find Mad Bounce. If not, send me a PM and I'll help you. That has some different exercises that aren't in every other program.

And I swear by box plyos. I don't jump as high as I used to, not even close, but I still get off the ground faster than most people who can outjump me.I'm a beast on the breakaway, I just trail a step or 2 behind like I'm going to concede the layup, wait for the offensive player to jump first, thenjump afterward and still get up and get them more often that not. The scientific term is stretch myotic reflex, it's basically why some guys like KenyonMartin, Shawn Marion, and Amare can jump twice while other guys are still thinking about jumping the first time, or get pump faked and still land then jumpagain

I'll check it out. Along with dude that said to get some joint supplements, I most likely will.

And as far as Jumpsoles, I have no clue. I would imagine they would. They put strain on your calves as soon as you put them I guess. There's videos onYoutube about them and all that. I'd try to Google them to be honest get more info from there then I can supply since I haven't used them.

It messed up my knees. Trust everyone when they say it will do that to you.

My knees make weird noises when I extend and stretch them now.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jordan Freak 32

It messed up my knees. Trust everyone when they say it will do that to you.

My knees make weird noises when I extend and stretch them now.
laugh.gif
Mine too. I don't know if it's air or fluid or what but if I stand up, then shift my weight over to the other direction they make thiscrackling noise.

yeah i did it for a few weeks. it worked, gained a few inches on my vert. but then i stopped using it and i lost whatever i gained.

Can anyone post the list of stretches and their reps and sets? I seemed to have misplaced my booklet...thanks!

Originally Posted by Blazinbama

Can anyone post the list of stretches and their reps and sets? I seemed to have misplaced my booklet...thanks!
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom