Anyone ever try Plasti Dip?

I was toying with the idea of taking a pair of AF1's I have and creating a waterproof "duck boot" AF1
using a product called Plasti Dip.

Anyone have experience with it?

Thanks for the response!

Did you brush or dip the midsoles? Any experiences with it on leather?

As an experienced customizer do you think I could make my idea workable at all?

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Thanks for the response!

Did you brush or dip the midsoles? Any experiences with it on leather?

As an experienced customizer do you think I could make my idea workable at all?

I used the kind that came in the spray can and in a few light coats....not sure if that makes a difference.
I personally never used it on leather, but I know guys that have to make Spiderman/Venom customs, and it peeled on them, although that was the look they weregoing for
I think your best bet would be to get the toe replaced/reconstructed with rubber? Thats all I can think of. If you have a pair of beaters though, give it ashot...it may work out for you. I dont know the process the guys used on their forays into using it on leather

I think you can possibly spray with plasti dip then a coat of angelus and a finisher on top it sounds the best bet and very deriable but I don't know if the angelus will want to crack on that rubberized plasti dip

i've used it on foams and they work great for them.  touched up some bc 3's and it worked great without a clear coat.

I thought plasti-dip was mainly used for cars and trimming?

I know the main thing about it is, it CAN EASILY be peeled off which is why car enthusiasts like the flexibility of having the ability to change their car trim colours whenever.

Like Emmanuelabor said for venom/spiderman customs i can TOTALLY see how it would be perfect for that type of style/finish.

Not sure if you can use it as a foundation to start prepping a shoe with cause IT WILL peel due to its purpose.

it's meant for cars but someone had a genius moment and put it on foams.  it bends with the shoe, doesn't crack or peel and you can peel it off when you feel like switching the color.  a little masking tape and a qtip with acetone for cleaning the details and you're good.

I used it on the Kobe 7s I customed painted and it worked just fine..no cracks or peeling..already wore them for a long period 4x

Back
Top Bottom