Anyone ever win a prize and can't figure out what to do with it?

View media item 174803

The bar I've been going to regularly for the past 6 years has been running some sort of promo giving away a Jager Tap Machine, one of the owners posted on FB that I'd won, but I thought he was yanking my chain since I believed they'd given out the machines a while back. I walk into the bar on Friday night and order a drink and the bartender comes out with this thing.

Here's the thing, I don't really like Jager. I've looked on ebay and they don't go for nearly as much as the head ache I'd have to deal with to properly pack and ship it out. The other option I saw was to just bring it out to friend's parties or any time I have people over, but my buddy won the OTHER machine they were giving out so 2 Tap machines in a group of friends that doesn't really party all that hard any more seems like a waste.

I've thought of white elephant gifting it to a couple of friends getting married, but it seems like it'd be a mean gift since they're getting married here in New Orleans and live in a not so big apartment in SF, and since I don't want to deal with the headache of shipping it to someone if I sold it, I'd be making them deal with it. Their invite specifically points out that gift cards would be more appreciated than having to ship things back across the country, so while I know the wife to be loves jager and would like the machine, unless I'm willing to fork out money to ship it to them and figure out how to pack it up (I didn't get the original box) it's going to be a PITA.

Any suggestions?

Since you don't feel like selling it, I would gift it to someone, like maybe not someone in your circle of friends since your homie won one as well. But theres gotta be someone you can think who would enjoy more than you.

Throw it on craigslist and see how many bites you get. Can't hurt and it would be better than dealing with ebay since you don't have to ship anything, no fees to pay, etc.

yeah, give it as a gift....or just list it on craigslist and have someone come pick it up and buy it from you, since you don't want to ship

I'm probably going to end up just giving it to the couple that's getting married and spending god knows what to ship it cross country myself. I have this feeling that the company making these is getting ready to introduce a new model since at least 5 bars in the metro area have been running contests to win one. If it didn't void the warranty I'd end up keeping it and pouring other liquor out of there, while I don't like Jagermeister, I do like Barenjager and they seem to be similar viscosity.

Maintenance on this thing looks like it's a pill too, the manual recommends flushing it once a month and cleaning out the filter, requiring about 2 hours of downtime and wasting anything in the machine before you flush it out.

I was seriously hoping for more comedic responses than "give it to me" Craigslist is an option, but it's kind of crap in this city, too many people want to scam. If I were to keep it I'd consider trading it for an ICEE machine or a Kegerator, both would end up seeing far more use from me, but if I had a kegerator I'd be far less likely to go to my local bar and win more free stuff.

Dude you got this for free!?! I love Jager, I always wanted to have one of these at my place :lol:

Back
Top Bottom