Anyone familiar with Daytona Beach Florida?

Mr.Guy

formerly timidtebow
I got a job offer out there and I'm not sure If I'm willing to relocate. What is cost of living, nightlife, weather, etc like?

I'm there a few times a year for business.

It's basically small town FL. So cost of living is probably pretty cheap.

Used to be a big Spring Break spit but don't even think it's that anymore.

Bike Week seems to be the big attraction now.

I keep hearing they're going to develop hotel properties on the water and that things in the city will pick up as a result but it never really comes to fruition.

You're pretty close to Orlando though.

That's all I got.

Last edited:
It's Florida fam, that's all you need to know:

tumblr_m5bmv1VTAK1rskeexo1_500.gif

This will be your life in a nutshell

Last edited:
Don't do it!

Went out there a couple times when I lived in Miami, awful! Especially if you are a younger person

My brother goes to Bethune Cookman College there. Only good thing about Daytona is the NASCAR culture. Trash, otherwise

I mean......florida has an L in its name.

Side note- anytime you wana piss or do a caca, gota inspect your toilet border patrol style for gators and snakes.

Last edited:
Place is trash.

I went there back in my undergrad days with a crew of people and :x. The town is just shady overall. All there is in daytona are liquor stores, pizza shops, strip clubs, biker stores, and bars. I remember there was a raymond james building and saw dudes in suits leaving like they were an unknown species. I remember going to the cruisings bar and smh. I've been to plenty of college bars but that place was too gross and bad even for my standards haha

Last edited:
Where do you live now? Summer is hot obviously, winter gets into the 40-50s at the lowest. Absolutely zero chance for snow or really even ice. Rains a lot in summer but comes and goes quickly.

Cost of living shouldn't be that high, and there are nicer smaller towns around the Daytona area. Has the racing/bike culture and a beachfront. It's about 80 minutes on I-95 from Jacksonville to the north and I-40 from Orlando to the west.

No state income tax in Florida so you can deduct sales tax on your taxes.

Back
Top Bottom