Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

The signal from the Xbox either cuts off while playing a game or Blu-ray or sometimes wont even come on when I power up the Xbox. The Tv goes to a black screen with a loading circle then says no signal detected.

Sometimes I'm not able to get the Xbox display back on the TV and have to go through the process of connecting the Xbox into my bedroom TV which is not 4K and revert the display settings on the Xbox back to 1080p. At that point I hook it back up to the living room Tv and it works fine again but only at 1080p. I hope that made sense.

unfortunately, that sounds like a bug issue.

I cant wait for my PS5 to get here and really put my Tv to the test. I'm having issues with my Xbox and the 4k settings now and want to get it a taken care of in time for when I get the Playstation.

also, do yourself a favor and get Gemini Man in 4K if you haven't already. You will get the full 4K Dolby Vision and 60fps which will really put your Tv to the test.

Gemini Man? personally, I can't see the fascination with that film, more so with it's relevance to your TV. I'd say there are great films which are visual marvels that you can rewatch your tv with. the Dark Knight for example or LOTR, Inception, etc... can't wait to watch the upcoming new Batman movie with it. as far as Netflix goes, I'm curious to rewatch the QUEEN's GAMBIT on it.

I cant wait for my PS5 to get here and really put my Tv to the test. I'm having issues with my Xbox and the 4k settings now and want to get it a taken care of in time for when I get the Playstation.

also, do yourself a favor and get Gemini Man in 4K if you haven't already. You will get the full 4K Dolby Vision and 60fps which will really put your Tv to the test.

I'm on the fence on buying a 4K gaming console (PSV or XBOX SX) or buying an RX 6800XT 4k GPU for PC. price is as close as it gets.

Got a headache figuring out logistics for unmounting, moving, mounting two TVs right now. I move tomorrow and my mover who was gonna do all this just cancelled on me SMH.

Currently I have:
55" Samsung 9 Series (on stand)
65" LG E8 (Sanus - Premium Series Advanced Tilt TV Wall Mount)

My plan was to unmount the LG, move both to the new house, mount both in the new house. I have geeksquad coming to do the unmount tomorrow, but they won't move it after that. I'm ok with moving it once it's in the box but I'm moving literally two blocks away and they can't remount for another week. Makes no sense.

So I called this hellotech place that comes up in google when you search geeksquad. Tried to see if they could do it all at once. They say their prices are better than geeksquad which is a lie. Every quote they gave me was more than geeksquad.

They quoted me like $400+ to unmount one TV, then remount two TV. Just a waste of time on the phone with them.

So I guess I'm just going to move my TVs for now and not even use them until I figure out my set up. I guess it will be good to get all the furniture in first any way but damn, moving these TVs is annoying.

Got a headache figuring out logistics for unmounting, moving, mounting two TVs right now. I move tomorrow and my mover who was gonna do all this just cancelled on me SMH.

Currently I have:

My plan was to unmount the LG, move both to the new house, mount both in the new house. I have geeksquad coming to do the unmount tomorrow, but they won't move it after that. I'm ok with moving it once it's in the box but I'm moving literally two blocks away and they can't remount for another week. Makes no sense.

So I called this hellotech place that comes up in google when you search geeksquad. Tried to see if they could do it all at once. They say their prices are better than geeksquad which is a lie. Every quote they gave me was more than geeksquad.

They quoted me like $400+ to unmount one TV, then remount two TV. Just a waste of time on the phone with them.

So I guess I'm just going to move my TVs for now and not even use them until I figure out my set up. I guess it will be good to get all the furniture in first any way but damn, moving these TVs is annoying.

$400? might as well learn how to unmount your tv. I believe it can be done within half an hour. with the proper tools.

Reactions: MVP

Currently I have:

Taskrabbit. Search mounting.

Didn't even think about Taskrabbit. I will check that out.

Replaced the mover that bailed on me with a different company and they said no problem to dismount and move the TVs with the rest of my stuff. So now I don't have to pay geeksquad for the dismount and just have to worry about putting them back up eventually.

The time it would take me to learn how to unmount/mount the TV would actually cost me more $ than just paying someone to do it. And my partner helping would be my girl and that is just a fight waiting to happen, or a broken TV because she's clumsy lol. Need someone who knows what they doing.

Still, the prices are OD. I have 5 year geeksquad protection on the E8 that was $730. Moving the TV should be included with that.

Last edited:
Didn't even think about Taskrabbit. I will check that out.

Replaced the mover that bailed on me with a different company and they said no problem to dismount and move the TVs with the rest of my stuff. So now I don't have to pay geeksquad for the dismount and just have to worry about putting them back up eventually.

The time it would take me to learn how to unmount/mount the TV would actually cost me more $ than just paying someone to do it. And my partner helping would be my girl and that is just a fight waiting to happen, or a broken TV because she's clumsy lol. Need someone who knows what they doing.

LOL. so glad my partner is an amazon.

Doesn't have all the bells and whistles but still is $150

7pm EST

Gone is 60 seconds.
skip1.png
Will have to find something else for my mom now

TCL 6 series

Hisense H9G

Which one? $50 difference in price (55 inch)

Hisense if the $50 isn't a big deal

Both seem pretty reliable
manny.png
. Hisense scores are a bit better across the board but I don't think you can go wrong with either

If this is for next-gen gaming you'll probably get similar performances

Guys, as much as I love the thing, I REALLY need to upgrade from my 2012 1080p Panasonic plasma now that I have a Series X. I'm looing to spend around $600-$700 and am seriously considering a Costco purchase as they have 5 year warranties for members. I've narrowed down my search to these two deals-would you guys recommend or do you have other options? (not necessarily from Costco)

Sony 65" Class - X75CH Series - 4K UHD LED LCD TV (4k 60htz):

LG 65" Class - UN8500 Series - 4K UHD LED LCD TV (4k native 120htz w./ HDMI 2.1):

Any/all help would be appreciated!

Guys, as much as I love the thing, I REALLY need to upgrade from my 2012 1080p Panasonic plasma now that I have a Series X. I'm looing to spend around $600-$700 and am seriously considering a Costco purchase as they have 5 year warranties for members. I've narrowed down my search to these two deals-would you guys recommend or do you have other options? (not necessarily from Costco)

LG 65" Class - UN8500 Series - 4K UHD LED LCD TV (4k native 120htz w./ HDMI 2.1):

between the two, I'd go for the LG. higher refresh rate and HDMI 2.1 compatible. given a choice of availability, I'd go for something else better at that price range not because I'm worried about not having a Costco return policy.

Coming from a Penny plasma... I highly recommend you save up more, or sell some shoes, and cop an OLED. Black levels on LCDs will disappoint you more than shifty retros.

I'm waiting until next year to cop a new TV.

There are gonna be a lot more companies bringing out OLEDs now there are two suppliers, and more bringing out MiniLCD. So hopefully there is more downward pressure on prices.

I'm waiting until next year to cop a new TV.

There are gonna be a lot more companies bringing out OLEDs now there are two suppliers, and more bringing out MiniLCD. So hopefully there is more downward pressure on prices.

I’ve noticed a trend that when the last 2 gens of game consoles released, you’d see massive drops in TV prices in the following 1-2 years afterwards. Happened after the 2005-2006 gen of consoles dropped and again after the 2013 gen dropped.

Good morning my people,
Looking at some tv.
Is this any good. I wasconfused reading back these pages lol just for basic TV
Thank you
DA35A303-B9DE-4C2D-856F-1321C2488D68.png

Back
Top Bottom