Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

I'd go for the LG for gaming. be warned though, the OLEDs still have some issues with them. be it LG, Vizio, Sony, etc... I mentioned LG because they are pretty much close to fixing their issues compared to others. I have a feeling the price for OLEDs would go down sub $1,000 next year with the introduction of micro-leds.

Just bought a 55" Samsung Q90T a couple of weeks ago, but after playing the "DSE Hockey Test" on YouTube, i found a couple of dead pixels. Smh. It's the best TV i've had, but i might exchange it for another Q90T. However, there's a lot of people who are getting purple ghosting, terrible DSE, etc.

Has anyone returned/exchanged a TV to Best Buy before? How was the process?

I've been seeing one dead pixel on my LG C9.

It comes and goes and hopefully doesn't get any worse.

Just bought a 55" Samsung Q90T a couple of weeks ago, but after playing the "DSE Hockey Test" on YouTube, i found a couple of dead pixels. Smh. It's the best TV i've had, but i might exchange it for another Q90T. However, there's a lot of people who are getting purple ghosting, terrible DSE, etc.

Process was a pain because of COVID but simple enough aside from that. Call the warranty number to file a claim. They’ll send out an adjuster. If it’s determined it can’t be repaired they will either offer a replacement model or give you a credit equal to price at time of purchase. They’ll deliver the new TV and haul away the old one.

have you bought their extended warranty? if you did, just bring the receipt along with the warranty you bought from them, also bring the unit along with the other stuff the came with it, box, plugs, the likes. replacing it shouldn't take you more than half an hour in the store. also, be sure to call first if they have the same exact model in-store.

Welp my vizio tv started acting up today.

Turns it on only to get a black screen.

I read that unplugging it and holding the power button for 15 should do the trick.

I did so then I put in a movie and the black screen happened again after about 15 minutes into the movie.

Then the remote started acting up.

Now the tv won't power on.

Bought it November 13 at Target.

Going tomorrow to return it.

I should be able to get a full refund, right?

Nah, got my money back. Not buying a vizio ever again. Second time it has happened to me with them.

I had a ton of issues with my 55" M series too. Issues didn't really start until after the return policy, so I was kind of screwed. A couple of weeks ago I got a free Chromecast TV (the new one that is 4k and comes with the remote) for being a YouTubeTV subscriber, and it has made the Vizio a much better experience. The whole OS is now through the Chromecast, instead of through Vizio OS. Its weird because it seems like higher quality image, and larger somehow (I think the text / borders are smaller now)

I'm still waiting and holding on what's to come. microled and oled evo seems to be competing and would make the price of oled tvs drop like flies.

I would bet it is a 120hz panel, and the TV will be aimed at gamers. LG probably knows that is where the demand is.

well that would be nice since very few can afford the CX right now. I don't believe that gamers would be willing to shell out $1,500 for gaming tv for a $500 gaming console that they saved on buying.

well that would be nice since very few can afford the CX right now. I don't believe that gamers would be willing to shell out $1,500 for gaming tv for a $500 gaming console that they saved on buying.
Not all gamers play on console

There are tons of gamers out there that spend way more on their gaming rigs and are willing to spend on the best display possible.

Not all gamers play on console

There are tons of gamers out there that spend way more on their gaming rigs and are willing to spend on the best display possible.
I know that. the point I'm saying is that if this tv was made to cater the casual gamers which are the majority. the CX is very much for those elite or money to burn gamers.

I know that. the point I'm saying is that if this tv was made to cater the casual gamers which are the majority. the CX is very much for those elite or money to burn gamers.
The C series has been coming down in price year after year. They will probably be cheaper this year again.

They are releasing a 60mhz Oled panel, A series, that seems to be like it will be cheaper much cheaper than the C. They will be a 48-inch version

The C series has been coming down in price year after year. They will probably be cheaper this year again.

They are releasing a 60mhz Oled panel, A series, that seems to be like it will be cheaper much cheaper than the C. They will be a 48-inch version
I've checked that out about a week ago. if that sells for $400 and less, then that would be good news for the casual gamer. for someone who is more than a casual gamer, the experience could be a bit of unsatisfactory. I'm still going for a minimum of 120hz panel. there is really no point now of buying 60hz tv above $400.

Newegg has the 77 inch OLED for $3,300 with a $300 gift card. Unfortunately they won't ship to my address.

Screenshot_20210127-094647_Newegg.jpg

Gonna hold out for 3k OTD

Back
Top Bottom