Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Any chance the LG G2 77" reaches 3k for Black Friday? Currently going for $3,800 at most major retailers.

Excellent TV but that's a C2 not a G2. Following the trend of previous C models, you might catch that under 2k at some point.

Excellent TV but that's a C2 not a G2. Following the trend of previous C models, you might catch that under 2k at some point.
Oof I misread..

But damn, what's the difference.. 1k difference.. is it justified? I'm still rocking a 1080p non smart TV.. I have no plans on getting an upgrade.. just curious

Oof I misread..

But damn, what's the difference.. 1k difference.. is it justified? I'm still rocking a 1080p non smart TV.. I have no plans on getting an upgrade.. just curious
Depends on your viewing preference. I'm still on 1080p and just saving up. Right now, ts a tough conest between miniled and oled.

Oof I misread..

The G2 is the top-of-the-line flagship, the C2 is the mid-tier (I say mid-high) model beneath. Similar features, but different design, G2 is more for wall mounting and slightly better performance, ie colors and brightness (plus the warranty like sneeker mentioned). If you were to decide to upgrade, it's definitely not worth the difference as the C2 is usually the consensus best TV to get by reviewers. I have a C1 and get amazed by this thing all the time.

NASA 2.0 NASA 2.0 Appreciate the effort. I’ll keep my eye on Buydig.

The G2 also has a heatsink which allows it to get a bit brighter than the C2 and fight burn in. I’m also debating on waiting for the next round of QD-OLEDs. We’re supposed to get 77” and up next year. Just hope Samsung can put more pressure on Sony to bring the price down this time around.

NASA 2.0 NASA 2.0 Appreciate the effort. I’ll keep my eye on Buydig.

The G2 also has a heatsink which allows it to get a bit brighter than the C2 and fight burn in. I’m also debating on waiting for the next round of QD-OLEDs. We’re supposed to get 77” and up next year. Just hope Samsung can put more pressure on Sony to bring the price down this time around.
got some info about those panels a few days ago. the customer service guy is leading me towards the G2. he was really doing a good job but while I'm taking the G2 into consideration, it is on #3 on my list. the LG PQ is really nice but personally, the PQ on both the Samsung and Sony were just better imo. funny thing though, the Samsung and Sony have similar panels. no wonder they look almost the same and better than the G2.

got some info about those panels a few days ago. the customer service guy is leading me towards the G2. he was really doing a good job but while I'm taking the G2 into consideration, it is on #3 on my list. the LG PQ is really nice but personally, the PQ on both the Samsung and Sony were just better imo. funny thing though, the Samsung and Sony have similar panels. no wonder they look almost the same and better than the G2.
Samsung Display makes the QD OLED panels used in the S95B and Sony A95K. I’m hesitant to buy 1st gen tech and neither come in 77”. That’s why I’m leaning towards the G2 but it does sound like the other two have it beat in overall pq and brightness.

whatup fellas im finally in the market for a new tv so I was hoping to get some advice in here. coming from a 55' 10 year old regular LG HDTV so I'm sure pretty much anything new at this point will be a huge upgrade. I have a ps5 and watch streaming stuff mainly as my usage. I don't necessarily need top of the line so I'm looking to spend around the $1k-1.5k range max on a 65-75" tv. of course if there's a great deal I'm happy to go below that threshhold :lol:

I found this 75" Sony Bravia QLED flagship on slickdeals yesterday for $1400ish after tax and everyone on SD is saying it's a steal. My boy is telling me it's a good TV, but I should try to wait for a deal on the LG C2 in the next couple weeks leading up to black friday cause it's a much higher end tv with OLED instead. Thoughts on waiting it out, or jumping on this one?

Sony 75" Class XR75X95J BRAVIA XR Full Array LED 4K Ultra HD Smart Google TV with Dolby Vision HDR X95J Series 2021 Model

Cuz they smoke crack.

But that is a good price for the C2. Generally the high end TVs dont really go on sale like the entry level crap.

Has anyone done Best Buy’s Total Tech membership? Went to go check out the G2 in person and the sales rep said it gives you access to exclusive discounts and an extended 60-day return/price match window. What’s stopping me from paying the $200 membership fee just for the immediate discount and then cancelling after the holiday season sales end?

Wanted to compare to the G2 to the Sony A95K but the display model was broken…

Not worth it. Just get the deal on Woot. I have never had a problem with any of the 7 OLEDs Ive owned, bit if you are fearful of burn in then get your warranty through LG.

also for that woot c2 deal, a lot of slickdealers are reporting you can get a price match at best buy with online chat if you prefer to order from them over woot (I would try the BB price match if I end up grabbing it)

Some good deals to be had as retailers respond to Prime Day. Saw the 77" LG G2 drop from $3,800 to $3,400 before tax and shipping at the major outlets. Based on that decided to roll the dice with Greentoe. Offered $3k but was countered with $3,150 (free shipping, no tax). Accepted it and paid another $130 for two year warranty with burn-in coverage. Now we wait.

Back
Top Bottom