Anyone here in the Air Force?

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Originally Posted by Mooky951

Im leaving for basic march 24. What roles does the Air Force play in the war we in? I know I heard they was sending a lot more troops for support, but what does the Air Force do specifically? Or does it depend on the job you have?
Depends on the job you have, but only 3% of the AF are pilots .As for what everyone else does? Few people know that the Air Force is our space command as well. They maintain heavy missle capabilities, directing and covering ground forces in Iraq, word to the Predator. They do a lot of the base defenses as well as defending convoys, oil rigs, and transporting troops and cargo. Air Force has more money to spread around for people to be trained, thus why they offer so many jobs.

When I was deployed, I saw Air Force snipers
laugh.gif
, so it ranges, but they pretty much have every job under the sun <insert sarcasm> no really they do
grin.gif
</sarcasm>

What did you do while you were deployed? The job I got is a accountant/payroll so hopefully I will not get deployed too often. How long have you been in theAir Force? What do you like/dislike about it?

I'm hoping to enjoy myself while in the Air Force, I'm 21 and only have half a semester of school,so I want to start school while in. I signed up for 4years so hopefully I can get it done within that time. Is it even possible to go to school while in the force? I heard the accountant/payroll folks have 9-5hours, is that true? I'm not expecting it to be easy but I wanna come out with at least a associates(or bachelors) and network for a good job once I getout.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Im leaving for basic march 24. What roles does the Air Force play in the war we in? I know I heard they was sending a lot more troops for support, but what does the Air Force do specifically? Or does it depend on the job you have?
Depends on the job you have, but only 3% of the AF are pilots .As for what everyone else does? Few people know that the Air Force is our space command as well. They maintain heavy missle capabilities, directing and covering ground forces in Iraq, word to the Predator. They do a lot of the base defenses as well as defending convoys, oil rigs, and transporting troops and cargo. Air Force has more money to spread around for people to be trained, thus why they offer so many jobs.

When I was deployed, I saw Air Force snipers
laugh.gif
, so it ranges, but they pretty much have every job under the sun <insert sarcasm> no really they do
grin.gif
</sarcasm>

What did you do while you were deployed? The job I got is a accountant/payroll so hopefully I will not get deployed too often. How long have you been in the Air Force? What do you like/dislike about it?

I'm hoping to enjoy myself while in the Air Force, I'm 21 and only have half a semester of school,so I want to start school while in. I signed up for 4 years so hopefully I can get it done within that time. Is it even possible to go to school while in the force? I heard the accountant/payroll folks have 9-5 hours, is that true? I'm not expecting it to be easy but I wanna come out with at least a associates(or bachelors) and network for a good job once I get out.
I'm Navy fam, but even though the Air Force doesn't get much respect from the other 2 branches, they're good in my book. Only reason Iwas on the ground instead of on the boat in the Navy was because I was internally deployed, shadowing a Marine platoon, looking to go SEALs (thanks pops forthat opportunity
happy.gif
).

but yes, you can go to school while enlisted. You'd have to do either night or online classes, arranging your schedule around your duties, but it will takea while to get your degree. Not sure about the accountants/payroll in the Air Force, you'd probably do good calling your nearest recruiting station for theanswer to that.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom