Anyone in here ever play Socom 2 for the Playstation 2?

Originally Posted by bjm5295

potentially dumb question but, are the servers still up? as of not too long ago, they were.
laugh.gif
longest lasting console online game ever..
I remember playing on the servers in 2009/2010 and there were still people playing the game. Unfortunately, everyone was speaking a foreign language, there was terrible lag, and glitches galore. 

potentially dumb question but, are the servers still up? as of not too long ago, they were.
laugh.gif

I have a friend whose brother was on playing this game as of October 2011. Apparently US East (The busiest server back in the day) was down to about 140 people, but apparently they were all OG's who were rediculous at the game. I guess they have a glitching lobby and a legit lobby. The server is so small now though that if someone is a glitcher, the people knew right away and would vote him out of the room. I miss this damn game man, I just remember being able to vote people out.

And who here remembers how cheap the M14 and "I dub" were?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ebozek9

laugh.gif

I have a friend whose brother was on playing this game as of October 2011. Apparently US East (The busiest server back in the day) was down to about 140 people, but apparently they were all OG's who were rediculous at the game. I guess they have a glitching lobby and a legit lobby. The server is so small now though that if someone is a glitcher, the people knew right away and would vote him out of the room. I miss this damn game man, I just remember being able to vote people out.

And who here remembers how cheap the M14 and "I dub" were?
roll.gif
Bro, I stayed on the I"dub" 
roll.gif
roll.gif
 But my cousins hated on me cause it was a cheap gun. 
tired.gif

one of the best games ever made.

ive missed MANY family dinners because of it. this was back when my mom couldnt understand that you cant pause a game while online. ughhh.

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

GOAT for me. Countless hours on this game. Only online shooting game that I found competitive.
Our team could not be stopped. 
pimp.gif

"Mines in the fish market"

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

one of the best games ever made.

ive missed MANY family dinners because of it. this was back when my mom couldnt understand that you cant pause a game while online. ughhh.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
My mom was the SAME EXACT way. My parents didn't understand that you couldn't pause socom or Madden. Nor did they realize that quitting the game = lower rank.

Ranks were a big deal.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom