Anyone know how to deal with this? Update pg 2.

just lost my aunt to cancer and my grandma a handful of years back not the exact same thing but still the same detrimental effect! Just pray and believe that no matter what happens its all part of a higher powers divinity brother but my prayers are with you family hold ya head

sorry to hear that OP. she will be alright so don't fret about that.

in the meantime, do what you can to make her happy and comfortable. hold her hands when she needs it and give your shoulder for her to cry on. and when she's completely healthy and the ordeal is over, remember this and use it to remind you of how fragile everything in our lives is.

remember, nothing lasts in this world and it can be cruel. always cherish and always be grateful.

sorry to hear that OP. she will be alright so don't fret about that.

in the meantime, do what you can to make her happy and comfortable. hold her hands when she needs it and give your shoulder for her to cry on. and when she's completely healthy and the ordeal is over, remember this and use it to remind you of how fragile everything in our lives is.

remember, nothing lasts in this world and it can be cruel. always cherish and always be grateful.

Wow. Sorry to hear this bro. During clinicals in my nursing program I had a lot of oncology patients. One thing I can offer is to remain positive in front of her, even if if its hard, put your emotions aside for her sake. Right now, its about her first, then everyone else. I have no doubt this will also make u guys much closer too. Good luck with everything.

Wow. Sorry to hear this bro. During clinicals in my nursing program I had a lot of oncology patients. One thing I can offer is to remain positive in front of her, even if if its hard, put your emotions aside for her sake. Right now, its about her first, then everyone else. I have no doubt this will also make u guys much closer too. Good luck with everything.

Sorry to hear this man. You gotta remember to stay strong for your sis though and be there for her. Hopefully she will come out okay in the end.

Sorry to hear this man. You gotta remember to stay strong for your sis though and be there for her. Hopefully she will come out okay in the end.

seeing your loved one going through so much pain and fear of death is heart wrenching. the most you can do is support her and remain positive. there is no time to waste on negativity. try to see the positives in the situation at hand. lord knows why things happen the way the do and to whom they do. its a mystery. instead of wondering why the situation happened, wonder how you can learn from the experience.

i wish all the best to you and your family

seeing your loved one going through so much pain and fear of death is heart wrenching. the most you can do is support her and remain positive. there is no time to waste on negativity. try to see the positives in the situation at hand. lord knows why things happen the way the do and to whom they do. its a mystery. instead of wondering why the situation happened, wonder how you can learn from the experience.

i wish all the best to you and your family

My brother had cancer when he was younger, so i know exactly how it feels. PM if you need to talk about it bro, ill help you through this as much as i can.

My brother had cancer when he was younger, so i know exactly how it feels. PM if you need to talk about it bro, ill help you through this as much as i can.

I gotta thank all of you for sharing your own experiences and giving me advice.

I went to visit her today at the hospital and she seems to be in good spirits.I tried making her laugh and everything while she was getting treatment.I was feeling real bad seeing her in such bad shape and all hooked up and cause her hair is starting to fall
smh.gif
.We did get good news that she can go home in about 4 weeks.She'll still have to get treatment at home during the 2 years but I hope everything will be just OK.

I gotta thank all of you again for helping out.

I gotta thank all of you for sharing your own experiences and giving me advice.

I went to visit her today at the hospital and she seems to be in good spirits.I tried making her laugh and everything while she was getting treatment.I was feeling real bad seeing her in such bad shape and all hooked up and cause her hair is starting to fall
smh.gif
.We did get good news that she can go home in about 4 weeks.She'll still have to get treatment at home during the 2 years but I hope everything will be just OK.

I gotta thank all of you again for helping out.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

OK so my older sis has been really sick the past couple of years but no one knew what was goin on. So this week she was in the hospital and she was diagnosed with leukemia. So the doctors say that since they discovered it pretty early, it is treatable but she will have to be treated by chemo for 2 years.Hopefully everything will turn out ok but is gonna be extremely hard to see my big sis losing her hair,in pain and just feeling terrible. I mean she's my only sis and she's my best friend. I wanna know if any of you guys have ever had to deal with a close loved one in a situation like this and how do you deal with it.I need some advice on how to deal with this cause I'm feeling pretty depressed Right now cause cancer is an unpredictable thing.

Thanks NT
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

OK so my older sis has been really sick the past couple of years but no one knew what was goin on. So this week she was in the hospital and she was diagnosed with leukemia. So the doctors say that since they discovered it pretty early, it is treatable but she will have to be treated by chemo for 2 years.Hopefully everything will turn out ok but is gonna be extremely hard to see my big sis losing her hair,in pain and just feeling terrible. I mean she's my only sis and she's my best friend. I wanna know if any of you guys have ever had to deal with a close loved one in a situation like this and how do you deal with it.I need some advice on how to deal with this cause I'm feeling pretty depressed Right now cause cancer is an unpredictable thing.

Thanks NT
tired.gif

glad they caught it early, she will be fine. no worries bro, it will be tough to see your sis going through that just remember shes gonna be alright.

glad they caught it early, she will be fine. no worries bro, it will be tough to see your sis going through that just remember shes gonna be alright.

I'm bumping this because for about the past month or so,she's been terribly sick and in pain and the Doctors don't know what to do anymore. She's had 4 chemos already but the cancer isn't going away and now they say that she doesn't even have months left. My whole family is flying in to be with her but no ones told her yet but I think she has an idea about it but I don't thinks she know just how little she has left. This will be my first major blow with death because she's one of the closest people in my life and my best friend. I'm still trying to get over the fact that she'll be gone soon... All we can do now is must be there for her and make the most of the little time we have left with her.

tired.gif

I'm bumping this because for about the past month or so,she's been terribly sick and in pain and the Doctors don't know what to do anymore. She's had 4 chemos already but the cancer isn't going away and now they say that she doesn't even have months left. My whole family is flying in to be with her but no ones told her yet but I think she has an idea about it but I don't thinks she know just how little she has left. This will be my first major blow with death because she's one of the closest people in my life and my best friend. I'm still trying to get over the fact that she'll be gone soon... All we can do now is must be there for her and make the most of the little time we have left with her.

tired.gif

Pray Pray Pray and be thankful to God that its treatable. Just be supportive...she is going to have low self-esteem because she is a woman and hair is very important in a womans life. Make her feel pretty and if I were you id even shave my head to match her... (thats just me though) like others have said live your life to the fullest. Just like how this hit your sister unexpectedly it canhappen to anyone. Besides she is not going to want you to sit around and feel sorry for her all the time. Spend as much time as you can with her and your family. And dont treat her like she is sick...just continue to do things as you normally would (as much as you can) she will appreciate you more if you dont baby her...i think. My prayers to you and your family.

Edit- Didnt see the update. But still pray and just let her know how much you love her. and again spend as much time as you can with her. That is really all you can do. I have lost three brothers and my grandfather whom I was all very close too. Our days on this earth are numbered and there is nothing like saying goodbye. I am sorry my dude. I will continue to pray for you and yours.

Pray Pray Pray and be thankful to God that its treatable. Just be supportive...she is going to have low self-esteem because she is a woman and hair is very important in a womans life. Make her feel pretty and if I were you id even shave my head to match her... (thats just me though) like others have said live your life to the fullest. Just like how this hit your sister unexpectedly it canhappen to anyone. Besides she is not going to want you to sit around and feel sorry for her all the time. Spend as much time as you can with her and your family. And dont treat her like she is sick...just continue to do things as you normally would (as much as you can) she will appreciate you more if you dont baby her...i think. My prayers to you and your family.

Edit- Didnt see the update. But still pray and just let her know how much you love her. and again spend as much time as you can with her. That is really all you can do. I have lost three brothers and my grandfather whom I was all very close too. Our days on this earth are numbered and there is nothing like saying goodbye. I am sorry my dude. I will continue to pray for you and yours.

woooooow @ that post count difference/time ratio
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

On topic: I hope things get better for you and your family

OP, have you seen 'My sister's keeper'?
good movie....I recommend it
ohwell.gif

woooooow @ that post count difference/time ratio
eek.gif
eek.gif