Anyone losing interest in Entourage?

If it wasn't for the women or music, I dunno if I'd even bother watching anymore....I'm at the point where I usually watch episodes OnDemandbecause there isn't any sense of urgency to watch the show when it comes on at 10:30. I really enjoyed the show a few years back, but I think over thepast season or two my interest has really waned. Nothing is suspenseful, jokes and characters are becoming lame, and like always, everything has a way ofworking itself out. Has there been a "jump the shark" moment yet? How does Adrian Grenier suck at portraying an actor? I might have to give a showlike True Blood a shot....welp, I got Hard Knocks coming up, so my HBO will be validated to some extent....

I'm not losing interest, but I agree its been kinda slow, not really much going on. But you mentioned True Blood, and I actually lost interest in that showafter the first few episodes. I tried to get in to it, set the dvr, but just found myself deleting it everytime because I really had no interest.

Originally Posted by J Burner

I'm not losing interest, but I agree its been kinda slow, not really much going on. But you mentioned True Blood, and I actually lost interest in that show after the first few episodes. I tried to get in to it, set the dvr, but just found myself deleting it everytime because I really had no interest.
I hear you....I think I'm weird w. TV shows...If I start to lose interest, then I pretty much give up. I'm almost at that point w.Entourage.

I used to watch Prison Break religiously....as the seasons went on, my interest dwindled. I went from watching it when it came on, to not giving a ++#!, andwatching it on the Fox website when I got bored at home. I didn't even watch the last season when they wrapped everything up. The show just got so badthat I didn't feel like wasting time in viewing it.

No, not at all. Nothing is stopping you from not watching.

This year's first couple of episodes started out slow but Jeremy Piven said things will start to pick up.. At this point, TRUE BLOOD is far and away thebetter show.

I never watched this show for the plot.

There is nothing really intelligent about this show. Not to say it isn't well written.

I watch it for the cars, stars, and women. That's about it.

Not to think, but strictly to be entertained.

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

There is nothing really intelligent about this show. Not to say it isn't well written.

QFT

Originally Posted by Freshly Snipes

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

QFT

Hell no! I love that show and I don't get what people expect from it when they say they're disappointed.
laugh.gif
It's Entourage...things have alwaysworked out like magic for Vince but I mean, they did give him a rough spot... the post-Medellin sad spell went on the whole season!

But yeah, things are actually happening now for everyone and they're not just plodding about after Vince. They weren't gonna be sitting aroundpartying, having sex, and smoking weed all day for ever.... THAT would have gotten boring. Or hell, maybe it wouldn't. I love me some Entourage.
laugh.gif

I think this season is great so far.

I need this Sunday night before I go to work on Monday.

Every season starts slow and picks up.

Not losing interest at all.

Everything something gets too popular, someone will come out of the woodwork to hate.

It's all good.

Based on what you said about Prison Break, sounds like you just don't stick with things for long. That on you, not the show.

Not by a long shot. I honestly believe this show can do 10 seasons. My interest in this show has faltered.

I need this Sunday night before I go to work on Monday.

Every season starts slow and picks up.

Not losing interest at all.

Everytime something gets too popular, someone will come out of the woodwork to hate.

It's all good.

Based on what you said about Prison Break, sounds like you just don't stick with things for long. That on you, not the show.

I really enjoyed the show a few years back, but I think over the past season or two my interest has really waned.
Definitely agree with this. It used to be my favorite show, but it's fallen off pretty hard. I don't think I've laughed out loud onceyet this season.

Has there been a "jump the shark" moment yet?
All of last season. This pretty much sums it up:

Well, the fifth season of "Entourage" wasn't implausible at all: I can totally see Vince's losing his career after one bad movie (so what if Colin Farrell has made 15 stinkers and keeps getting jobs?), becoming Hollywood poison, getting a job only because his agent passed up a $10-million-a-year studio head position to stay with him - you know, because agents have such great character - submarining an elaborate $120 million action movie that somehow came together in about 2.23 seconds because the director hated him (in the irony of ironies, because he didn't think Vince, a guy played by Adrian Grenier, could act), hitting rock bottom and moving back to Queens, then climactically rebounding with the lead in Martin Scorsese's new movie without ever auditioning for it, and while all of this was happening Jamie-Lynn Sigler fell in love with a jobless Turtle, and Johnny Drama starred on an NBC drama that normally would tape for 17 hours a day, unless your show stars Johnny Drama, in which case you tape once a month for a couple of minutes. Awesome. I'd ask for that 390 minutes of my life back, but it's my own fault for watching. I blame myself.

Funny but true.
smh.gif

Also, is it me or has Kevin Connolly gotten noticeably worse as an actor this season? I mean, he was never good to begin with, but I never used to care becausethe show was so good that I'd look right past it. But there have been a few scenes this season with E that have been almost painful to watch.

I'm not ready to give up on Entourage yet though, I'm still hoping they can turn it around.

How did you guys like Entourage at ANY point if you don't like it now?
laugh.gif

Entourage is SRS business in my world. It's like the only thing on TV right now that I'm loving. *+!%$+% summer programming. Watch your mouths.
indifferent.gif

Once Californication and Curb Your Enthusiasm is back on the air, Entourage is gonna be the last thing on my mind come Sunday evening.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Once Californication and Curb Your Enthusiasm is back on the air, Entourage is gonna be the last thing on my mind come Sunday evening.
238195983_5f0a820a74_o.sized.jpg

Back
Top Bottom