Anyone mess with Green Smoothies?

I'm very intrigued by these smoothies due to the health benefits. I'm doing my research now and trying to figure out a plan for this (make my own or buy). A few months ago, I bought a Naked Green Smoothie that I had to return because it had mango in it (allergic). I haven't even thought about it since then. Now I'm curious. For those of you who don't make your own, what brands do you recommend? From what I've been reading, some of the store-bought brands are high in calories, so I'm going to do my due diligence if I decide to go the store-bought route instead of making my own. Thanks in advance.

My mother has been a green smoothie addict since she beat breast cancer about three years ago.

She makes one more or less everyday.

Like you said, the health benefits are great, but I've seen some of the ingredients she puts in her smoothie and it just not for me.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Her blueberry smoothies though.
pimp.gif

My mother has been a green smoothie addict since she beat breast cancer about three years ago.

She makes one more or less everyday.

Like you said, the health benefits are great, but I've seen some of the ingredients she puts in her smoothie and it just not for me. :x :lol:

Her blueberry smoothies though. :pimp:

:D Glad to hear your mom is doing well bro....

I need to find a good recipe or brand that's pretty low calorie....

Make your own. Don't buy this, it's disgusting Amazon product ASIN B0038B3AGO or this Amazon product ASIN B003TJERRG
If you have a juicer or a blender and a few minutes, you can do the same for cheaper, have complete control of the ingredients, no preservatives, and it's fresh. If you have trouble consuming vegetables, it's a good way to help with that too. Eat the pulp too if you do juice, because that's where all the fiber is.

Last edited:
I've heard that those things like this and Odwalla really aren't that healthy. Apparently they're loaded with sugar and while they might be "real fruits," they still contain tons of preservatives and additives. For example, apparently back in the 90s Odwalla had a health scare in which some people got sick because their lack of additives caused it to spoil. It made it hard for the company to recover for a long time. 

http://mobile.businessinsider.com/the-unsavory-truth-behind-health-food-giant-odwalla-2012-7

I do like a scoop of whey protein throw in some fresh spinach a banana and some fiber and im good to go. don't know how green that is but its completely green once i add the spinach. im sure you could do the same in a whole bunch of different variations like a spring mix and maybe blueberries etc

thinking about getting into juicing in general. anyone know a good juicer? or could i get away with using a blender?

i buy this and mighty mango in bulk at BJ's and yes i'm aware that it might not be all that healthy and i'm also aware i can make it myself but i don't give a ****

Last edited:
When I was living on campus I had a Naked green machine everyday. It was the only Naked flavor I liked. :pimp:

Made my first green smoothie this morning and it was DELICIOUS!

2 Kale leaves (no stems)
1 Banana
1 cup water
1/2 cup ice
1 TBSP of organic agave nectar

Have a bunch of other fruits/veggies that I'm going to mess w/ to make these smoothies over the next couple of days

JJ ^ freeze your fruit so that you don't have to put in stupid/flavorless ice cubes.

Kale, Celery, Fresh Ginger, Water + a Banana (sweetness) has been my early morning go to smoothie as of late. Celery is a very sweet veggie, which is funny because you don't expect/taste it when eating it raw/full.

Making use of these cranberries I bought last year around this time. THey have been in the freezer just sitting. Magic Bullet. Banana, Ginger Juice, A cup of cranberries (Frozen), Cinnamon, Wheat Germ.

I didn't read anything in here, Naked Green Machine is the best tasting anything in the world. I wish booty tasted like green machine.

Yea Naked joint official. Ones I make taste equally as good tho n pretty simple.

Kale
Agave
Fruit of choice (strawberry)
Banana ( to cut any bitterness and and to sweeten)
Rice milk

Boom

Back
Top Bottom