Anyone own a Weekend or Project Car?

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Originally Posted by megatron

I was gonna make this thread the other night but I accidentally exited out
30t6p3b.gif

Anyways I drive a 2011 civic coupe daily and I was thinking about picking up an 01 bmw m5. I've always wanted one and now i got some extra money. How much maintenance is required on a car I would drive only a few times a month? How long should I expect it to last me?

Hell I might even make the m5 my daily since I don't work or go to school so I don't even have a commute.
looks at username....notsureifsrs
nerd.gif

If you're serious, I can give you info. 

My M5....

0182543e45ece0e8411c74b659c63fe1f6d0844.pjpeg

That's a beautiful car. You have any mods on it? I passed up on another really nice M5 last year because I got the Civic, I needed something for school. But yeah I ended up not going.
Is it your daily driver?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

@Mondaynightraw nah bruh lol. Stock paint Phoenix Yellow.

someone on this forum had a swapped lime green integra
looked dope 
Yeah I've seen a few lime green joints at Honda day, saw one with a full k20a swap as well. Wasn't a true Type-R however. $%+% was definitely mean though, pullin hard. 
I'd rather the Championship White but I'm not complaining I got my ITR for only $6500. Phoenix Yellow is nice, probably going to redo the paint so it's popping again at some point.

Props to the Red f20b Teg posted, looks real nice. 

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by megatron

I was gonna make this thread the other night but I accidentally exited out
30t6p3b.gif

Anyways I drive a 2011 civic coupe daily and I was thinking about picking up an 01 bmw m5. I've always wanted one and now i got some extra money. How much maintenance is required on a car I would drive only a few times a month? How long should I expect it to last me?

Hell I might even make the m5 my daily since I don't work or go to school so I don't even have a commute.
really depends on the previous owner, but the parts are expensive especially for an M car, but fun as hell to drive. Im looking to get a 530i, and since i work at BMW maintence wont be a problem
pimp.gif
You work BMW maintenance in the Bay? What dealership? I'm looking to get in touch with someone I know whenever I need maintenance. PM me.

thinking of getting my bros civic for a weekend warrior but the clutch is bad. it has potential though, and i kinda just wanna cruise with it.

Originally Posted by Pushak513

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

A friend of mine is working on a Saturn. 10 year project.

But in all seriousness, lets take a moment of silence for Nelson's Saturn. May it rest in peace...

I know its always jokes on the saturn but if you seen his current project there wouldn't be any jokes about it. 99% of NT would hate it but still its a nice car..

Yeah but the problem is that he's got 0 credibility now. He's come up with all the excuses in the world
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
Some of them comedic, others were just straight lame.

What current project? No pics, no respect. Bin Laden's dead already for F sakes
indifferent.gif

Sorry, been on NT since 01'

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I want an old school but I don't wanna deal with having to fix it
laugh.gif
do it, believe me at the end you'll be extremely proud of yourself.
As for myself, I plan on starting up a 69 Camaro soon. Put in an LS6 in it if I find one.
I just spent the last 4 days at the Mecum Auto Auction in Kissimmee, FL and I gotta tell you that if you want a '69 you better buy now or be looking at a VERY expensive project car.
69 Camaros are trending hard right now. If you're gonna restomod it though, I'd just buy a new chassis and piece together the body and save yourself a whole lotta cash. That LS6 is a GREAT pick though. Small block V8 that went in C4s and C5 Z06 and ZR1s. Should drop right in without any serious issues, and you can probably find a brand new one for under $7k.

BTW, if you choose a new chassis and piecing together the body, get a tubular chassis if you can afford one. Collectors eat that @$!* up on restomods. Make it look stock except wheels and suspension and a simple "updated" interior and you could probably MAKE money on it. I'm thinking you could build and paint it for 30k if you do it right and get a used low-mile LS6 motor/****** and flip it for closer to $47k.

I was at the auctions doing research and planning. Primarily researching 1969 Corvettes 427/435 (tri-powered, my dream car since I was 7) and looking at C2 'Vettes. 

If you want to see a SERIOUS resto-mod, check out this puppy: http://mecum.com/auctions...121259&entryRow=1080

This car sold for $225k, and really should have sold for more. I've been following this project for a while and it really is a work of art. So much passion went into that car.

GIMMEMO23 wrote:
My Project: 1979 Corvette. Hope to have it done before the summer. (I'm dreamin...)
2wrlqp4.jpg

eek.gif
 Theft recovery Vehicle ?

If only they could talk.  Cars like this really make me wonder what kinda ****** up  **** went down in them.  

Originally Posted by GIMMEMO23

My Project: 1979 Corvette. Hope to have it done before the summer. (I'm dreamin...)
2wrlqp4.jpg

mx4w.jpg

23upv79.jpg
pimp.gif

project cars are going to be WAY more mainstream once da EPA and cafe laws start putting da screws to newer cars to turn into econoboxes..best believe id rather make a older car fresh then to be limited by my choices...

right now the Vette is my weekend car(when it isn't snowing ofcourse)...I'd like to get my hands on a 67 IMP to do work on

I would love to get my hands on a 93 Mustang Cobra 
pimp.gif
. Something about that fox body!
That or 96 Impala or Coupe Deville
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

The reason I say this is because most peoples dream cars are probably far from reliable
idk about that one, unless you want a veyron then yea but my dream car is a 458 which is very reliable, now if you said "most peoples dream cars arent practical" then yea i would agree because i couldnt go grocery shopping with a 458 and i honestly dont need to go that fast but i want to

Nice cars, everyone. Unfortunately for me, most of my everyday cars in the past WERE my project cars. As such...not exactly easy to keep them running or in legal condition. Back on public trans FTL...just can't bring myself to own a boring car though.

Back
Top Bottom