Anyone picking up the Apple Watch?

I got my series 2 as a gift and honestly love it.

I've had it since Christmas and I get a ton of use out of it for the fitness tracking alone. As others have pointed out, its also a convenience so you won't have to pull out your phone as much. Which is more helpful when you have a 6 or 7 plus. Also, the water resistance in the series 2 is nice. I take showers, do whatever with mine on and never worry. Just clear the water lock.

My only qualm is the battery life is just okay. It lasts about 1 full day, almost 2 depending on what you do with it. Beings that I use the fitness apps and music sometimes, it can drain the battery quickly. 

And from your experience, the Gen 1 is still a good option?
I would say so.Especially now that the 1's are relatively cheap.I had no battery life problems with it connected to my SE and now that I have a 7 it seems even better.Its nothing life changing obviously,I looked at it basically like a Fitbit with some added functionality and it serves that purpose really well.

One cool thing is if you don't have your phone in range but you are in a wifi hot spot you previously had your phone connected to, your watch will link to icloud and you will still get texts or notifications from your icloud account.

Last edited:
Copped one the other day but didn't realize I had to be on either Bluetooth or wifi for it to connect to my phone. I thought a simple LTE signal would work. That may be the deal breaker for me.

I'm confused. How do you expect the watch to connect to the phone?

Any good/must have apps out there? :nerd:

I basically been running some of the ones already installed on my phone (ig, google maps, uber, etc) and then I downloaded some app that tracks how much water/fluid you drink daily. 

Name of this app plz

Last edited:
iHydrate

I been bad about keeping up with it, but I know I drink an adequate amount every day anyway. 

I think there's another app called WaterMinder that's pretty popular. I haven't tried it out. 

Bet preciate it bro. I currently use the Re.Minder app to send me alerts every 90 mins to drink 8 ounces of water. Its helped me out a ton. Ima check out this app tho. Thanks again.

Okay, next question: Is the Series 1 worth the price at retail or should I try my luck on purchasing new off eBay?

Okay, next question: Is the Series 1 worth the price at retail or should I try my luck on purchasing new off eBay?
I just bought a brand new Series 2 on eBay - Space Grey, 42mm for $375 shipped. I opted for the Series 2 for the GPS, battery life, and brighter display. Plan to use this for a lot of fitness activity. I wouldnt pay retail for the S1.

I just bought a brand new Series 2 on eBay - Space Grey, 42mm for $375 shipped. I opted for the Series 2 for the GPS, battery life, and brighter display. Plan to use this for a lot of fitness activity. I wouldnt pay retail for the S1.
Word, I ended up going for Series 1 on eBay. Figured I didn't really find a need for the Series 2, regardless of the added features.

Six days of use and I am very happy with the results. Battery life is great for both watch and phone and I think the brightness is good enough for me.

Already bought a couple of nylon bands lol

Welp - sold mine already. Just don't see the huge upside to having one of these. As others have stated, maybe at $200, but not $400.

I just got the series 3 lte but I think I'm going to return this thing I had it for a week now but I think that I will opt for a regular nike one. The LTE gets annoying when I'm out running it's cool to have music streaming but the calls and texts I get are kinda aggy. Plus Best Buy has a sale on the Series 2 and it pretty much does the same exact thing as the series 3.

Anybody run with wireless headphones and use the Nike running app? Any way around changing the song and not having it stop your run?

Anybody run with wireless headphones and use the Nike running app? Any way around changing the song and not having it stop your run?

not to sure, but i use apple music and setup my workouts with the apple enbaled wokout features.

the nike + app is buggy on my nike editon Series 2 watch.

Need to cop an s2. Probably after the holiday.

try swappa.com you wont really find a S2 in stores like that.

i was so skeptical with the apple watch but getting heathier mentally and physically with the watch. given the fact i workout on the regualr. i bbal too just need a good app to help with my bball drills.

Do you guys think they are going to do a refresh on the next go around. Knowing apple and how they play it safe I doubt it.

Honestly I think we would see a redesign Apple Watch. Apple keeping the same design is very smart cuase it allows early adopters gonna the original Apple Watch still use the same watch band.

But if they switch it up they become more profitable buy selling different watch band components. The watch module is important but the accessories is where they see more profit imo.

Back
Top Bottom