Anyone picking up the Apple Watch?

None they are all crap. If you watch sports then it'll be handy when alerts come in.

I wouldn't say they're all crap...shazam works well so do some others...dark sky...delta...Twitter...eBay...Google maps

The native apps work ten times better and are much faster though

Thinking about picking up the Apple Sport Watch. A few things to know:

1. I do NOT own an iPhone
2. I'll be using this primarily for music (80%) with (20% going for runs)
3. My car got stolen, with my Bluetooth iPod in it a few weeks ago. So I'm unable to use my wireless headphones until I get a new device.

Is this worth the investment? I have the cash. Even though (from what I read) the devices only hold 2gb of music, the watch is easier in terms of convenience when I workout. Every arm band I've owned has lost it's power within 3-5 months. Any feedback?

I'm pretty sure you can't use the watch if you don't have an iPhone. Also doesn't make sense to buy the watch just for music, just buy a used iPod or something.

After having mine for about 3 weeks, I can say it isn't worth the retail price. Wait for a deal or buy used on Swappa, especially since the AW2 is coming in April (allegedly).

I caught a nice deal on mine--paid $260 but also got a $100 gift card, so essentially $160 since that $100 was gonna be spent on gifts anyways. No way I'd pay MSRP now though.

Cool device and it definitely has features I love. But I feel like wearables aren't there just yet. I'll probably sell mine and wait to see what AW2 brings to the table.

Might pick this up, Best Buy is having a sale 
After having mine for about 3 weeks, I can say it isn't worth the retail price. Wait for a deal or buy used on Swappa, especially since the AW2 is coming in April (allegedly).

I caught a nice deal on mine--paid $260 but also got a $100 gift card, so essentially $160 since that $100 was gonna be spent on gifts anyways. No way I'd pay MSRP now though.

Cool device and it definitely has features I love. But I feel like wearables aren't there just yet. I'll probably sell mine and wait to see what AW2 brings to the table.
What features do you love about it?

Would you pay 200$ for it? Knowing what you know now?

The Sport is pretty much $100 off (Best Buy & Target), are there any place selling them for cheaper?

Might consider the 38mm for $200 or less for runs and workouts.

Last edited:

Might pick this up, Best Buy is having a sale 

What features do you love about it?

Would you pay 200$ for it? Knowing what you know now?
$200 for it now?  Yeah, I can say it's worth that to me.

Features I like are little things like receiving messages on my wrist, setting alarms and reminders with my voice and Apple Pay.  Having calendar access is nice, too.  I bought it thinking I'd try it out for a week and return it if I didn't find it useful.  Well, the first day I found it useful when I forgot my Shell Fuel Rewards card to swipe at the gas pump.  Then I realized my card was loaded onto my Wallet app.  Checked my wrist and punched in my member number within a few seconds.  

Apple Pay was clutch one night when I forgot my wallet at home.  I was heading into work and planned to grab some food, when I realized my wallet was 20 miles away.  My options for Apple Pay were limited, but that McD's all day breakfast came in clutch that night.  Yeah, I could've used my phone but why not use my watch?  

Messages are useful for us since my wife has a job where she can't have her phone within reach.  So we communicate throughout the day via our watches (iMessage works over WiFi).  

Damn, typing all that out has me second guessing selling it. 
laugh.gif

The Sport is pretty much $100 off (Best Buy & Target), are there any place selling them for cheaper?

Might consider the 38mm for $200 or less for runs and workouts.
http://www.cowboom.com/search/resul...e=fixed&query=ConsignorName=cowboom&view=grid

Check the condition of the pre-owned joints and check for either satisfactory or fair.  If it's fair, read the description carefully and note that it says nothing about scratches.  A lot of people say that most in those conditions come basically brand new.   

Google some Cowboom promo codes--they're out there.  

When I had the watch in the summer I liked it, but it wasn't worth $500 (had the sport, Canadian pricing smh).

It's worth max $150-200 imo

I haven't been in here since I got rid of my watch back in Sept... But doesn't it now fully support Nike + running app? Since I'm hearing the new version won't hit until the fall, I might grab this one again at the discount price point

For anyone who has the apple watch any pros/cons to it, I have the Moto 360 and it works great with my note 5. I was thinking about getting the watch with my 6s plus, are there any cool customizations to change the screen and whatnot.

Honestly it's only convenient for me when my phone is charging and I want to let it get fully charged before using it.  

Not enough app compatibility yet and the apps that are compatible are underwhelming. 

I've had mine since xmas and sometimes I forget to even check it and automatically use my phone no matter what. 

Most of the options on your watch require you to sync it first from your phone and if you already have your phone 

in your hand why not just use your phone? IMO it's just a fan boy novelty, just to say you have an apple watch, when

its actually pretty useless. Using your watch as a remote to take pictures with your phone is kinda sorta cool tho IG. 

Being able to monitor your heart rate whenever is cool too IG if you're into that type of stuff.....

Honestly it's only convenient for me when my phone is charging and I want to let it get fully charged before using it.  
Not enough app compatibility yet and the apps that are compatible are underwhelming. 
I've had mine since xmas and sometimes I forget to even check it and automatically use my phone no matter what. 
Most of the options on your watch require you to sync it first from your phone and if you already have your phone 
in your hand why not just use your phone? IMO it's just a fan boy novelty, just to say you have an apple watch, when
its actually pretty useless. Using your watch as a remote to take pictures with your phone is kinda sorta cool tho IG. 
Being able to monitor your heart rate whenever is cool too IG if you're into that type of stuff.....

Thanks for the response bro that how I feel about my android watch I thought it would be different since its Apple.

For anyone who has the apple watch any pros/cons to it, I have the Moto 360 and it works great with my note 5. I was thinking about getting the watch with my 6s plus, are there any cool customizations to change the screen and whatnot.

I initially had the Apple Watch and returned it. I hated the fact the screen wasn't always on and the watch faces appeared so small. Also, I prefer round watches. I'm not big into the notifications because I don't always need to be plugged in.
I have a iPhone 6s and if I need to text or check my email, I'd rather use my phone than my watch.
I just recently bought the Huawei Watch, which is an Android wear watch. Out of the box, there's limited compatibility w the iPhone but android is so easy to hack that now I have apps and hundreds of different watch faces loaded on it.

Someone I know owns it and I was able to see it and play with it. It's not worth it's current retail price, plus we're trying to offload it now and its a pain in the *** trying to sell it.

I would own one for $200.

I bought one for under retail but ended up selling it, wasn't worth the $500 Canadian I paid.

Last edited:
I researched the hell out of watches and fitness bands the past few week.. now im in the test phase.. there really isnt "one" device that has everything I would want:

GPS

onboard storage

NFC

Touch-screen

Water-proof

Aesthetics

accurate steps tracking

biking, swimming

bluetooth & wifi

The closests ive found was the Sony smartwatch 3 and fitness band combo. Just purchased a sued smartwatch 3 and a microsoft band 2.. which has really good software, but is OD bulky

Can anyone give me a run down the Pros/ Cons of the watch. 

Im thinking of getting my wife one. She currently has a Fitbit ( not sure what model) 

Anyone copping the Apple watch 2?
Someone copped me one as a Christmas gift. Should arrive soon 
smokin.gif

Im thinking of getting my wife one. She currently has a Fitbit ( not sure what model) 
YouTube.

If she doesn't need it to be waterproof or have GPS tracking you can probably get away with copping her the Apple Water Series 1, which is basically the OG/1st gen Apple Watch with some features/internals of the Apple Watch series 2 (newest version) minus da waterproof capabilities and GPS. I think you can compare all models on the Apple website to see which features may or may not be necessary. 

I had the Fitbit Charge HR before getting my Nike Series 2 a couple of weeks ago.

It definitely measures my distance when running outside way better than the fitbit. Even while running on a treadmill, it's very accurate on distance ran and HR. The GPS definitely is a good addition as well and the waterproof is great. I haven't jumped in a pool with it on but I'm sure it will hold up.

It's more of a convenience I would say to have, though. Not having to pull out my phone to read and send a message is great. All updates from my phone get sent to my watch which is nice.

The only thing I have a problem with is the price. I just think it was too expensive. I paid $399+tax

Overall, I'm happy with it. It's a great replacement for the fitbit charge HR which serves as an actual watch and as an activity monitor.

^
Are you saying that the Charge HR does not calculate the miles right ? Over-calculates or under ?

I ended up getting 38mm series 1 from target came out to $175 shipped with a GC I had from a previous return.

I don't feel like she needs the series 2.

Back
Top Bottom