Anyone still play with Legos?

I play with them cause my nephew likes them and since he's still pretty young he always needs help putting them together. I loved them as a kid, had so many but their in a box somewhere in my garage. Their way expensive nowadays. Couldn't believe the prices when we were at the Lego store. I really wanted to cop that Millenium Falcon set though 
laugh.gif
, price was just too 
sick.gif

Let go of my childhood collection some years ago. Really wish I had cousins near the home to pass them on to. Regardless, it's one of the GToysOAT.

I wanted the Robie House in the architecture series until I saw the price tag of 200 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I had a nice "plain" set when I was younger. Do they even still sell "plain" sets? Not the gimmick based ones, ie...Star Wars or any other themed sets. And where would I be able to find them?

theres always ebay.. but the new sets are kinda boring, i mean completely takes away from imagination. new legos are basically like assembling furniture ah something.. looks at box, gets instructions, follows them few hours later and finished product.

Nah man, I was at target and I swear they had the exact same space shuttle set I had in my childhood. I had to do a double take.

DC you can still get plain sets. Check out the "creator" sets.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Nah, I get vagina these days.
reachin'

but I bought my nephew a whole slew of the lego creator sets.  It's actually fun for me as well.  The architecture series is pretty nice but they cost so damn much.
Yeah, the Architecture series is nice. I just don't believe the price tag is worth it. Also, my next Lego project probably will be of the Volkswagen Camper Van. This thing is ridiculously detailed. 

The architecture sets look nice but they look like a pain n the #$! to actually build. See how many 1x1 tiles the Farnsworth House has
sick.gif

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

I wish I had some around. Used to love it as a kid.

Crazy expensive though, I went to the Lego Store in NYC and couldn't believe it

This.

If you are looking just to free build you could always pick up a Bricks & more bucket. They usually are discounted on black Friday -- last two years they have been $15 for 405 pieces. But as others have mentioned the Creator series is the way to go if you want the more classic sets. For the most part they can be built into multiple things. Also the Creator line is usually the best bang for your buck in terms of price per brick.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

10188_brickset.jpg

I wish I still had the time ,space and money for lego sets. These plus a special glue in a office equals set display pieces. 

ugh. this looks super dope.

-Tyler

Love playing legos with my daughters. Its so fascinating to see their imagination at work.

Originally Posted by McRaptor

. Do kids still play with it?
Why would they is parents are thinking about buying them their own tablets by the age of 3 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
  My godson has been into legos for sometime now (he's 5 now).  He got an early start on them and started building when he was bout 3 1/2 and can do some age 10+ sets by himself no sweat.  I been buying him legos for his bday and x-mas every year (like others said, it aint cheap... sets me back like $100 each time).  Every time he would get legos he would be super excited bout it, well... cept this past Christmas when one of his aunts got him a friggin laptop.  Why a 5 yr old needs his own laptop, I dont know.  He ripped open the package, saw the legos, hit me with the
grin.gif
, then asked his pop if he could play with his laptop.  kids these days.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by McRaptor

. Do kids still play with it?
Why would they is parents are thinking about buying them their own tablets by the age of 3 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
  My godson has been into legos for sometime now (he's 5 now).  He got an early start on them and started building when he was bout 3 1/2 and can do some age 10+ sets by himself no sweat.  I been buying him legos for his bday and x-mas every year (like others said, it aint cheap... sets me back like $100 each time).  Every time he would get legos he would be super excited bout it, well... cept this past Christmas when one of his aunts got him a friggin laptop.  Why a 5 yr old needs his own laptop, I dont know.  He ripped open the package, saw the legos, hit me with the
grin.gif
, then asked his pop if he could play with his laptop.  kids these days.

ohwell.gif
 Damn that sux. It's crazy how times have changed. If i was 5 and recieved a laptop i would
grin.gif
, but give me a lego set and I will
eek.gif
smile.gif
happy.gif
. Legos are definately a good way to exercise a kids mind and good fuel for their imagination, but idk what a kid would do with a laptop

I was just at the Lego store off of 5th avenue, man oh man that NY set was amazing. So was the giant dragon.

I saw some that interested me, the more sophisticated ones like the Space Needle, modern home, etc. I still kinda want to grab a few "City" theme sets.

Plus I see it as training your kid's imagination more than a damn tablet. Maybe you can indirectly push him into a prosperous future, who knows? That is messed up with the laptop situation. I wouldn't have let that fly in my house.

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

bought my son the XXL box with 1600 pcs... ending up im the 1 playing it. 
pimp.gif

Nice. I ended up buying two of these after Christmas. They were only $15, very good deal.

I had a nice "plain" set when I was younger. Do they even still sell "plain" sets? Not the gimmick based ones, ie...Star Wars or any other themed sets. And where would I be able to find them?

You can buy them plain. You just either have to check ebay, Lego Store, or the lego website (I think). 
The themed sets are awesome though man. 

I was always a lego city type of kid. The sets where you could build a whole town if you got enough sets. Police stations, fire stations, race tracks, train stations, houses. That was my thing. Making a whole little world. 

When I get some time + extra money I just want to buy a bunch of sets and build a little lego town display case. Would be dope. 

I would but they're mad expensive. I got my girl the Harry Potter set and that was like 80 bucks. Lego store in NYC is super expensive too. A lot of even the smaller sets are 50 bucks. They got this cool looking airport type one that I wouldn't mind getting.

^Was the set you got for her the train? It's a pretty good set, but not worth the $80 price tag. I'm guessing the $50 set you saw was the Hogwarts set. It's a good set, but not worth the full retail price. Most licensed sets are not worth their retail price besides a select few.
The blind pack minifigures got me back into LEGO, I missed out on the first series -- but have all of them after that. I just finished my Roman army today and will be working on a Roman layout. 

The official price for the UCS R2-D2 is $179.99 for 2,127 pieces. I might pick him up sometime down the road.

6988352025_bf4dd0224e.jpg

Went to the lego store today while I was at the mall 

The prices were worst than when I was younger 
laugh.gif

Anyone still buy with legos though 
nerd.gif

Didn't buy anything but saw a few sets i wouldn't mind building while bored

Last edited:
i bought the simpson quik e mart took me about a week to put it together. Paid bout 200 for it. thinking about going to go get the house next. wish they had moes tavern too or the school or the nuclear plant.

but i still enjoy them want to pick up that porsche but man they want 300 for it. Was also looking at the city ones like the london brige or the london clock

very expensive hobby but very relaxing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom