Anyone use Plasti Dip on their car?

I plastidipped my Macbook. Came out pretty good, but I didn't use enough coats so it rubbed off along the edges from being stuffed in my backpack.

To the guy with the white BMW, have you considered redoing it in white plastidip? The contrasting finishes (matte/rubber and gloss/paint) of the same color could look good.

dat carlos boozer swag

laugh.gif

I plastidipped my front on my veloster. Still undecided about the rims. I wanna do the side mirrors next

bump

so for those who did wheels, did u take the wheels off? or keep it on when applying?

just seems to risky to leave it on, but im lazy to take em off

bump

so for those who did wheels, did u take the wheels off? or keep it on when applying?

just seems to risky to leave it on, but im lazy to take em off

Risky how? Was very easy....

Take urself a walmart bag or trash bag and cut it a quarter of the way down. Then stick it between ur rims and wrap the whole disc brake/caliper. Easy peezy now ur rdy to spray... get urself a tool bench n sit a cpl feet back so ur sprayin bout 8binches from the wheel surface... EVEN COATS. LESS IS MORE! Let it dry n hit it with another coat. Jus like real paint wanna aplly slow and even. 3 cans should do all 4 rims. Take ya a cpl hrs but its fun. Hope that helps

thanks for the advice, seen that method on youtube

i dunno i'm just real paranoid bout screwin up, i'm not too good with paint and stuff.....anyway i could just peel it off

how much do these cans cost ??

Didn't know there was a thread for this. 

Anyways, I want to plasti dip my car.

How much would it cost for the whole thing with a few coats? 

Plasti dipped cars honestly dont look that great. They look nice on Audi's in Youtube videos, but ive seen them in a few cars in person and meh. Looks cheap. I woudnt suggest it.

It would be like $300-$400 for the kit though for an entire car.

I have a VW Cabrio. Its my first car. I should be getting my license soon.

I want to black it out. 

I don't want to pay for a real paint job. 

Last edited:
my friends been plasti dipping their cars lately... the matte black is the cheapest and he said it ran him about $150-$200 with a couple coats..

saw a plastidipped suv this past weekend. it was a terrible gray color. some of the pictures online don't look too bad, but this guy's car just looked awful.

my friends been plasti dipping their cars lately... the matte black is the cheapest and he said it ran him about $150-$200 with a couple coats..
Thanks, I couldn't find anywhere of how much it might cost. 

Its silver right now with a black top. Black will look fine. 

Did my front grille and it held up better then when it was painted with hi temp spray paint. Did my side mirrors and a portion of the trunk(some even spots but no biggie) too. Thought about doing the roof but it's gonna cost more to do it right to buy a sprayer and gallons of the dip. Vinyl might be a better option for that.

looked up some local prices, and they said $600 for the whole car, and it will last 3 years.. i like my car the way it is.. but it would be nice to switch up the color for a little bit with out having to get a whole new paint job 

Plasti dip should only be used for your car trim. Don't do your whole car. That's straight tacky. Get yourself a proper paint job.

Last edited:
Plasti dip should only be used for your car trim. Don't do your whole car. That's straight tacky. Get yourself a proper paint job.

vinyl is the way to go for a whole car

only need a roll or two depending on the car size and your experience each roll costs about a few hundred

all the money for vinyl wrapping that shops charge for goes to labor if you have the patience you can easily matte wrap your entire car for 500ish

line x >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2012-line-x-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-001.jpg

lifetime warranty on da paint, and its basically indestructible.

Back
Top Bottom