Anyone watching First Take??? Rob Parker just said is "Is RG3 a brother or a cornball brother"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was speechless, didn't see that coming. Then he started to question him because he's a republican and his fiance is white. He's always trying to distance himself from the black community.
Skip Bayless said, well what about his braids?
Stephen A said this is uncomfortable

Someone has to post the video, I don't know how. What y'all think?

he plays football...thats pretty close to the black community...
if being with a white woman takes away his brah pass, then there wouldnt be that many brothers in the USD.
and last time i checked colin powell and Condoleezza Rice are black and republican..

smh....not all black people act like pacman jones......our country needs to evolve..

I understand what he was saying but cornball brother?

Is this __ stuck ina black exploitation film.

A cornball brother?  Oh.  Why didn't he just say "House ******"?  Might as well have.  First Take is at that point now.

My question is, did RG3 ever say he's trying to distance himself from the Black community?

He's a rich, educated, Black man from Texas, who went to a Christian university and wasn't his dad in the Army?  Of course he's Republican.  And I'm not even gonna touch the marrying a White woman thing.  Parker had better never catch himself staring at anyone but Black women.

Rob Parker is an imbecile.

Last edited:
First Take has turned into a TMZ/E channel quality show. This crap is like 106 & Park or something.

He comes from a military household......no surprise he is Republican.

This is just the latest of many other idiotic things Rob Parker has uttered or written.

First Take has turned into a TMZ/E channel quality show. This crap is like 106 & Park or something.
He comes from a military household......no surprise he is Republican.
This is just the latest of many other idiotic things Rob Parker has uttered or written.

Yup.

Attacking his character because Rob Parker wishes he had his life.

******g idiot.

Rob Parker just say dumb **** to say it and hope it catches on like it did for Skip

why is being black, being republican, and marrying a white woman so frowned upon in the black community?

The show was embarrassing enough 2-3 years ago, but it is hitting new lows now.

I thought Witlock summed it up:

For years, ESPN pitted a parade of attention-starved, mostly black stooges against Skip Bayless to legitimize and sanitize Skip’s over-the-top attacks on Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, LeBron James and all the other low-hanging black fruit Skip could reach from his debate chair. The parade of stooges failed to properly protect Bayless. You could still see he was an insecure, disingenuous version of Glenn Beck.

Enter Stephen A. Smith, desperate to re-emerge as a high-six-figures TV celebrity, desperate for his next hit from the TV crack pipe. Smith campaigned for the role of Skip’s beard.

Recognizing that its black viewers couldn’t resist Skip’s bait, ESPN doubled down, making Smith an equal partner in the show and re-imagining First Take as the black barbershop of sports talk. The rap-music bumpers, the black, eye-candy female host, the guest appearances by rappers and Smith are all an attempt to make Skip’s negro-baiting palatable, marketable and justifiable.

The show has been dumbed down and ghetto-ized. An environment has been created that entices Smith and others to bojangle and stoop to Bayless’ level of discourse. Terrell Suggs was celebrated for coming on the show and calling Bayless a “douchebag.”

I really hope someone takes Parker to task for his comments. Ridiculously uncalled for.

Take away RGIII's football ability and you're left with a black man who finished Baylor in 3 years and could have gone to law school. He's educated and well-spoken. Criticize him for his football ability...but this man has done NOTHING to draw the ire of anyone for how he chooses to live his life away from football.

I think this stigma around RG3 not being "Real" just comes from most young black kids not being able to relate to him. He came from a good family, Married a White Woman, and atleats from what i've saw he has mostly all white friends.

Compare that to the average african american kid that life that he lived isn't the norm and is considered different/weird and is magnified more than it should be. Personally i have no problems with RG3 & don't think he's tried to seperate himself from being being black :rolleyes

but i also admit that i don't relate to him as much as i do say a Cam Newton who came from a much more familiar background to me. I think that's why this convo continues because simply put he's had a much more different upbringing & life than your average young black man.

and another thing Jason Whitlock of all people shouldnt be speaking negative about ANYONE

Nobody is going to get at Rob Parker because i think it's universally known that he's an idiot and nobody takes him serious he even gets trolled on the show

I would rather my son be more like RG III than Cam Newton.

I would bring the belt out on my grown son for acting the way Cam does.

"

At a postgame news conference on Dec. 21, Parker asked Lions coach Rod Marinelli whether he wished his daughter had married "a better defensive coordinator."

Fox television showed the question, prompting analyst Terry Bradshaw to say: "You know, Rob, you're an idiot. You're just a flat idiot." Others chimed in.

Parker defended himself in a column that Monday, saying, "What might have seemed like a personal attack wasn't. . . . I respect what Marinelli is trying to accomplish as Lions coach, and he respects what I do as a sports columnist - ask questions, tough ones, to get at the root of his team's woes."

But Marinelli said the next day, "Anytime you attack my daughter, I've got a problem with that . . ." and, asked whether the question crossed the line, replied, "big time."

The Lions fired Marinelli on Dec. 28, a day after the team became the first in NFL history to finish with a record of 0-16.

But Parker's troubles remained. The column of apology was the last one Parker would write for the paper. Nauss said in a News story that Parker's question was inappropriate and unprofessional."

Old habits die hard.

I disagree with 85% of the things Whitlock says, but when has Rob Parker ever contributed an intelligent point to any conversation?  He says **** like this daily just so people will talk about him.  And here we are.

He's a hack.

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
REALLY?

Back
Top Bottom