Anyone watching the Olympic Torch Relay in SF?

no but i wanna see if protesters have enough balls to do what the french protesters did!
laugh.gif

I passed by Civic Center earlier, those cops weren't playing, I seen like 5 choppers and probably a few hundred cops.

I'm lookin out my window here near the Embarcadero- streets are barricaded and I've never seen so many news satellite vans in my life. I didn'treally put into perspective how big an international story this would be until I got off the train to work. It's gonna be an interesting lunch break.

just got out of class and turned the TV on to channel 3...

%%+ is going on????? apparently there is no running but a mad dash of vans and police cars going straight to the plaza (im assuming)

someone pls provide info

laugh.gif
at former mayor willie brown confused and wanting his torch

Just got back- apparently the route was changed and literally jumped on a boat. Protesters all along the Embarcadero. Pro-Chinese on one side and Free Tibetprotesters on the other. Good thing the train tracks seperate them. Supposedly, the torch got on a boat @ Pier 48 and is being ushered to Justin Herman Plaza.No rioting yet..........................

eek.gif

update: ok torch run just started..

pimp.gif
at all the police protecting the flame and the runner

I was cleaning up around the house and heard a whole bunch of sirens and helicopters outside. Saw the motorcade going right past my house....I'm on 19thbtw.

it was crazy out in embarcadero today. random people yelling at each other, I thought fights were gonna break out.
here's some pics of what happened (my friend kenny took the pics)
2402914560_c486edaf71.jpg

2402914488_6f8c62819b.jpg

2402914398_96ef3211f7.jpg

2402079907_85c4f8f65f.jpg

2402909044_b0a4910c17.jpg

2402080093_61c0ba71e0.jpg

2402914324_1642ab05b9.jpg

It was pretty crazy out there.

as if china really cared, these are the same people who say "stop the war" when we try to prevent similiar situations from happening.

Back
Top Bottom