AP US HISTORY EXAM VOL. nerds. we are screwed, gonna get raped. why even show up. FRIDAY.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

^true.. Languages are a good one to take.

but history?..unless you're a history major... no dice

WHy not? Like my Univ we have to take 2 history classes. I took Euro and US back in HS. My AP scores took care of both requirements.

^its nice to lighten your course load though, those three extra credits can really come in handy when you are taking a couple upper level sciences at the sametime

i agree with Dirty... i'm an engineer and my school didn't take any of my history AP credits. i had 5s in AP Gov and AP world.
smh.gif

my Calc and Physics credits came in handy as they let me place into higher-level math and physics classes. but in general they're known to be very strictwith course requirements, so..

Originally Posted by kiuyt856

Originally Posted by chrisl5mavs

Originally Posted by kiuyt856

I have a question, has anyone taken AP Physics? I can't remember if I'm taking B or C or whatever next year, but how hard the class itself? I know the test is hard, but what kind of math should you absolutely know before trying to take the class? Thanks if anyone replies.

I'm in Physics C right now.. and Its my favorite class, honestly...
Unfortunately, our school offers only the Mechanics portion of it.. not E&M...
In terms of the math.. be absolutely SURE that you have a decent to STRONG foundation in algebra..... solving for acceleration, Net Force, Torque, you name it.. requires algebra and formulas...
When you get to air resistance and drag as well as some Simple Harmonic Motion, Calculus is necessary to solve problems... I'm not in a Calculus class this year.. but I have enough background in it to get by...
I would definitely recommend taking it concurrently with Calc tho...
Thanks for the reply. Thats what I was worrying about, because I'll only be in Pre-Calc next year. I'm pretty strong in math though, I got f'd freshman year and had to agebra 1 again so I couldn't go straight to Geometry. It sounds like I should be ok, and I know a lot of people who are taking the class too who can help me out with any calc stuff.
in my opinion, you could struggle with AP Physics if you haven't taken/or are taking Calculus. at my school we had to at least be in AP CalcAB to take AP Physics.

if you don't have the Calc background, your teacher will be sitting there talking about derivatives and integrals and you'll be sitting there lost. youdon't need to know everything in calculus topic to succeed in the class... you could still do alright without any calculus background, if you memorizeevery formula. but i'd recommend that you at least pick up an AP Calc review book this summer from the library or something, and just flip through thechapters on rates of change, derivatives, antidifferentiation, and graphing with calculus (like max/min, concavity, etc). you'd be doing yourself a hugefavor.

man i got this class...im the token
smh.gif
my teachers uber smart though

i know alot but i cant get my time periods down from liike late 1800's ect. and i fear my essay may be weak from ability too elaborate but i may be able topull off a 3....

that multiple choice should be a breeze though...(i hope)

btw i got this AP book thats pretty good that they dont sell anymore ftw

Anyone ever taken the AP Micro & Macro Economics Exams?
Wondering how they are.
I have some from the past years but never bothered to do them.

Back
Top Bottom