Appeal of the iPhone dying?

I've had a couple iphones and they cool and all but I can't but down this 9700
smh.gif

because all apple has to do is release another iphone and droid will be history.
iphone is one phone, android is MANY phones with da same OS, believe me when i say that iphones wont be able to battle them all, especially

if a few of em come out with superior specs.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

because all apple has to do is release another iphone and droid will be history.
iphone is one phone, android is MANY phones with da same OS

this.

the only option apple has to combat this is to release the iphone on other carriers IE verizon

You gotta appreciate Apples strategy releasing the different IPhones, keep 3G out of the 1st Gen, people will buy the next release again. PURE GENIUS!!!

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

` Take the original DMP, if the pack wasn't as limited as it was, you can bet the pack wouldn't have sold as well.
now thats a got damn lie that pack was pure fires that pack would have sold out no matter how many came out...............only thing that wouldchange would be the resale go price

iphone is one phone, android is MANY phones with da same OS, believe me when i say that iphones wont be able to battle them all, especially

I think a new iphone is about to drop .I mean think about it. You can get a iphone for 99 bucks now. When Apple released this phone it was ground breakingtechnology. All the other brands basically copied there designs in all. The Apple/AT&T vs. Verizon beef is going to get serious. Now to answer yourquestion i dont think its dying. i think the iphone is about to get reborn.

windows mobile is MANY phones as well... and Apple beat them. all android is is HTC's OS just like Nokia runs on symbian OS. either way, allof them have lost to the Iphone OS.
people just dont understand, its not just the phone thats killing these companies, its the software compatibility.
dont get me wrong, im not saying that these HTC/Android phones are trash, they are probably very good phones.

but everyone thinks there will be an iphone killer everytime a company makes a new phone, thats not gonna happen

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

How am I a hypebeast when iPhone hype is at its all time high and I'm trying to find a new phone? (Can't find one though because the iPhone's Apps + UI are still the best out there.) I'm trying to go to a lesser known phone with much less hype, but the same functionality and hardware aesthetics.

Second, if you're hating on me for trying to find exclusivity in a phone, then you should hate on everyone who cops a Rolex or IWC.

Or maybe like NKEAIR, I'm tired of the iPhone OS. I had it for 2 years now so maybe I'm just ready for something else.

This is precisely Hypebeast mentality. Even your name is Hypebeast, admit it.

all i have to say in a world that doesn't droid does and that means android will take over just watch in 2010

havent had a Iphone yet dont know anyone personally with one but Id like to try one for 30 days or so..Im thinking of getting a droid and since the rumor isstill out there of the Iphone world edition then I might get a chance if verizon will catch up

So much speculation. First of all, the iphone not changing its form factor has been nothing but good for the device. Think about it, even OP feelslike he has the same phone as someone who just copped a 3GS, even though there are many huge differences between the iphone 2G and its successors. That rightthere means the phone holds its value. You can still sell a 2-year old iphone for a pretty good price. Most phones are pretty useless 2 years after they'vebeen released. Secondly, having more platforms (*ahem* also multiple OS's, not everyone is running android 2.0 on their devices) is bad for app developers.Let's be real here too, the apps are very important. If apps will ultimately decide if any phone kills the iphone, then read on...

Android DevelopersUnhappy
Android's rapid growth has some developers worried

All just speculation right now also, but it's hard to see anything overtaking the iphone/ipod app store. Finally, we're comparing an OS to a phone?When google actually releases their phone though, that's when Apple really gotta watch out.

How am I a hypebeast when iPhone hype is at its all time high and I'm trying to find a new phone? (Can't find one though because the iPhone's Apps + UI are still the best out there.) I'm trying to go to a lesser known phone with much less hype, but the same functionality and hardware aesthetics.

Nokia N900

i finally got an iphone today

would've preferred the tilt 2 but that price hurts too much

new iphone is already testing... we'll see what apple has instore... it will decide if i finally upgrade my 3G

never really appealed to me cuz i'm not a big fan of touch screens and i'd get it more for the apps than the actual phone, blackberry is the way togo...

Originally Posted by hella handsome

windows mobile is MANY phones as well... and Apple beat them. all android is is HTC's OS just like Nokia runs on symbian OS. either way, all of them have lost to the Iphone OS.
people just dont understand, its not just the phone thats killing these companies, its the software compatibility.
dont get me wrong, im not saying that these HTC/Android phones are trash, they are probably very good phones.

but everyone thinks there will be an iphone killer everytime a company makes a new phone, thats not gonna happen

windows mobile phones suck & microsoft is selling da OS to hardware manufacturers, android is FREE and gettin adopted by everyone at a rapid rate..

and
laugh.gif
@ u not knowin nokia is da #1 phone in da world. apple hasn'tdefeated da nokias worldwide by a longshot.

if anything microsoft is da one worst out of anyone, their tentacles have been tapered to PC's laptops & netbooks, they've all but lost da mobilephone world, in my opinion

windows mobile 7 will be too lil too late.

like i said da iphone can't kill da entire industry if its run by android....RIM and microsoft though better watch they back.

I still have my 1st gen on tmobile since the first christmas after that summer it came out.

At the end of the day its the most easily customized phone out.
Unlocked and jailbroken = endless possibilities and free apps galore.

I'm kind of getting tired of it..(yet I can't find a better phone that has so many crazy options ).

People are still interested and love the iphone..the appeal is not dying.
If anything its picking up steam as AT&Ts exclusive contract end is approaching and other carriers pick it up.

Speaking as a developer, I'd much rather develop for the iPhone as opposed to Android. I mean, iPhones are all the same specs-wise (for the most part) andthat makes it way easier for me. Eventually, I will start developing for Android as well but I'll wait for a bit more consensus.

Back
Top Bottom