Apple 2012 keynote : live blog link pg 1

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

expensive

i knew with was gonna happen with the retina display alone...
i need this store to be back up, JOE you got info on $ money wise yet?

2199 but only 256gb worth of storage
frown.gif

Well that price takes me out of the running for the new MBP but not entirely.

For a grad gift I am getting a computer. limit is pretty much under 1500

Cant decide between updated MBA or MBP (not new 2200+ mbp tho)

Any suggestions?

FWIW I will have a work laptop but in all reality with big brother watching I cant imagine using that for personal use.

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Well that price takes me out of the running for the new MBP but not entirely.

For a grad gift I am getting a computer. limit is pretty much under 1500

Cant decide between updated MBA or MBP (not new 2200+ mbp tho)

Any suggestions?

FWIW I will have a work laptop but in all reality with big brother watching I cant imagine using that for personal use.
the new air is gonna be beast, with better battery life since its not retina 

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by omgitswes

2199 but only 256gb worth of storage
frown.gif

up to 3k if you get all the bells and whistles 
eek.gif
Yeahhhh that's way too rich for my blood. I'm sticking with the basic 15" model and it still has ethernet port which was my main concern.

I'll grab it during tax free weekend

That's way unnecessary, and from the looks of it might be a pain just trying to upgrade it yourself.

Is this new OS shipping with all the new notebooks?

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

I'm wondering... would an air be more practical than a pro for a first time mac owner? I don't game at all. Will be using these for internet, music, movies, and work mostly. Input would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Well what kind of work do you do? I don't think you can do anything too extensive, but I will put the air a step above netbooks.

Thinking about selling my old mbp and just getting the new air. I have zero need for a mbp at all and I think the air would be beneficial
for grad school. Thoughts?

Ready to get a MBP as long as the RAM is user uprageable. But still hoping they introduce new MPs (and retina cinema displays) at the end...

Sounds like you'll be using yours for the same reason I'm getting one. Mainly for school and to familiarize myself with OSX more for my career.
ws6anl.jpg

The 1799 one is the one I'm going with, and going to see if I can upgrade the HDD to 1TB

Sounds like you'll be using yours for the same reason I'm getting one. Mainly for school and to familiarize myself with OSX more for my career.
ws6anl.jpg

The 1799 one is the one I'm going with, and going to see if I can upgrade the HDD to 1TB
arent these the prices for the updated internals with the old bodystyle? the retina ones are a bit more

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

ws6anl.jpg

arent these the prices for the updated internals with the old bodystyle? the retina ones are a bit more
Yeah. The retina ones start at $2199.

basically
retina display or bust

just copp a 2011 joint an save money, refurb or suttin

• 15.4″ Retina Display at 2880×1800, 220 pixels-per-inch density
  • Quad-core i5 and quad-core i7
  • GeForce GT 650M with 1GB VRAM
  • 8GB RAM standard, supports up to 16GB RAM
  • 256GB SSD standard and up
  • 7 hour battery life
  • HDMI port
  • Dual ThunderBolt ports
  • USB 3.0
  • 0.71″ thin
  • 4.46lbs
  • $2199 and up

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

ws6anl.jpg

I believe that this is retina? Wasn't there only one chart posted like this for the 15 inch MBP? I believe all the MBP have 1/4 slimmer exterior and retina. Could be wrong though...
naw that's just the refreshed model. The retina ones start at 2199

Al AUdi has a point. but I think discrete graphics is worth it on this refresh

So far I see nothing special from iOS 6

So far i have seen nothing in ios6 that would warrant an update and lose my jailbreak.

Facetime over cellular....yawn had it for a while now thanks jailbreakers

Originally Posted by Jking0821

So far i have seen nothing in ios6 that would warrant an update and lose my jailbreak.

Facetime over cellular....yawn had it for a while now thanks jailbreakers
we wouldnt have to worry about this anyway. i doubt ios6 outside of a developer's beta will be out until October when the iphone/ipod touch drops

Back
Top Bottom