Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Ended up buying my son the 5s today for his bday....

Opted to pass on apple care.... AT&T insurance, or 3rd party insurance? What do y'all recommend, and why?

i say applecare is the best for the low price, suck it doesnt cover theft tho.

Ended up buying my son the 5s today for his bday....

Opted to pass on apple care.... AT&T insurance, or 3rd party insurance? What do y'all recommend, and why?

i say applecare is the best for the low price, suck it doesnt cover theft tho.
I was just about to take AppleCare, then I asked about lost or stolen.... The money I'd save on getting apple care would be lost (and then some) if I have to come out of pocket for a new phone at full price.

I went to the apple store yesterday and they said my IP5 battery was shot. They replaced it within 30 mins for $79 (out of warranty). My phone feels new. I'll get reimbursed through sqauretrade. So there is no need for me to get the IP6.

I've had this 5 long enough. Up for an upgrade in September.
Had the 5 since RD and a upgrade since March 2013, not even sure I want the 6 yet. I'm putting money to the side but if the keynote doesn't wow me I'm buying a ps4 and waiting until I feel like switching.

Last edited:
I've had this 5 long enough. Up for an upgrade in September.
Had the 5 since RD and a upgrade since March 2013, not even sure I want the 6 yet. I'm putting money to the side but if the keynote doesn't wow me I'm buying a ps4 and waiting until I feel like switching.

Had it the first day too. If I don't like the 6 i'll probably get the G3.

I'm not feeling the rounded edges at all on these mockups 
mean.gif

BqEdyw7CcAAysnR.jpg

BqEcyMuCIAI7gQQ.jpg

Square trade warranty/insurance any good?
I've heard it's good, depending in price when the 6 comes out I might get it
Att insurance, square trade, or apple care?

Thinking I might get apple care... If my son loses or gets his 5s stolen, I'll just upgrade my line, and he can get my 5.
ATT - $240 over 2 years, $199 deductible

AppleCare - $99, $79 deductible; 2 claims

Squaretrade - $99, $75 deductible; up to 4 claims

AC and ST look pretty much the same on the surface but the difference is how they handle their claims.

With Squaretrade the way I understand it is you get a dollar amount of service which would be $649 for the 5s. Every repair subtracts from that dollar amount so if you have $149 in repairs in 1 claim that leaves you with $500 of coverage for the remainder. Say for instance you need a second claim that requires the phone to be replaced they would just cut you a check for $500 and end your coverage. On the other hand if the repair is $269 or over they won't repair just replace the phone and end the coverage.

With AppleCare you get two replacements straight up.

If you want the loss/stolen protection get ATT, if not I would go with whichever you prefer. I was gonna go with Squaretrade but I felt better knowing i get two replacements at the deductible price regardless of what happens to it.

Okay, Here's my timeline with squaretrade claim:

Friday (13th) afternoon called squaretrade about my Iphone. Opened a claim and opted to take it to the apple store. Cost: $50 for deductible.
Saturday (14th) in the afternoon went to the apple store got the phone fixed. Battery replacement. Cost 79 + tax
Saturday (14th) night emailed squaretrade the receipt of the battery replacement.
Sunday (15th) night got a reply e-mail stating they got the receipt. Ten minutes later the cost of the repair was sent to me via paypal.

I'm a happy camper.

Okay, Here's my timeline with squaretrade claim:

Friday (13th) afternoon called squaretrade about my Iphone. Opened a claim and opted to take it to the apple store. Cost: $50 for deductible.
Saturday (14th) in the afternoon went to the apple store got the phone fixed. Battery replacement. Cost 79 + tax
Saturday (14th) night emailed squaretrade the receipt of the battery replacement.
Sunday (15th) night got a reply e-mail stating they got the receipt. Ten minutes later the cost of the repair was sent to me via paypal.

I'm a happy camper.

Wow, that's pretty good

Att insurance, square trade, or apple care?

Thinking I might get apple care... If my son loses or gets his 5s stolen, I'll just upgrade my line, and he can get my 5.

I believe with the AppleCare if you lose your phone or don't use the warranty you can get a refund for the unused portion. It's also transferable if you decide to sell the phone (increases resell)

Just some things I've learned over the years with my phones

i just wanna see how the 5.5 looks in hand

either its OD big and im going with the 4.7. i dont wanna order the 4.7 at release then 2 months later see that the 5.5 looks better and not even that big and bulky to use

In all my years of owning smartphones i've never messed one up because of water. Wireless charging seems nice but the reviews i've read of the charging pads said they were ok.

Setting up wifi sync is frustrating as hell. iTunes doesn't recognize my iPhone when I remove it from the USB port.

They made backing up on itunes confusing. It seemed like 2 years ago it was so damn easy. I downloaded the ios7 beta when it released but then couldn't find my most recent backups when I wanted to go back.

Back
Top Bottom