Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
This is a very small sample size obviously, but in the few days I’ve had the X, I can safely say the battery doesn’t last as long as the 8+ I have. It isn’t a drastic difference, but a drop nonetheless.

That said, it should still last a full day for me with my normal usage. That’s all I can ask really.

Battery has been great. Been on my phone all day since 9 am to 10 pm. Streaming podcasts, browsing Chrome/twitter, and streaming NBA for around 1.5 hrs and just hit 20% as I'm typing this.

Was reading on macrumor and a poster said this. Had the
7F26C5C6-F286-4B04-8E8D-7204A5914107.gif

“Let's all be real here.

The X is the Future of the iPhone here now but not perfect.

The 8 + is Apple Perfection of the last 10 years of iPhone. But it can be debated that they dropped the ball on not making it OLED.”

I’m not sure there is such a thing as phone perfection. There are always trade-offs made in regards to screen size vs one-handed usability / pocketability.

I personally think the plus sized phones are ridiculously large, but there are those who love them. I’m not sure there is a sweet spot for everybody.

I’m not sure there is such a thing as phone perfection. There are always trade-offs made in regards to screen size vs one-handed usability / pocketability.

I personally think the plus sized phones are ridiculously large, but there are those who love them. I’m not sure there is a sweet spot for everybody.

True and look everything is subjective when discussing what’s better etc. I’m just happy we that enjoy tech have quality choices when decideding which phone we want to spend our $ on.

To anyone still on the fence about the 8+ or the X ;

The 8+ was a great phone and besides the key differences the jump from the 8+ to the X isn’t that big.

I want the X but after seeing it in person not feeling the size. Have 6 plus and 7 plus (work). Just use to having a bigger phone, this X plus really dropping next year?

I thought I would be disappointed going from a 6+ size to a X but I have absolutely no regrets. The X is a gorgeous phone!

Do any body recall the app from the earlier preview videos where you’re able to change the background completely while doing videos?

Do any body recall the app from the earlier preview videos where you’re able to change the background completely while doing videos?

I’ve been trying to find it too.. according to the Apple page it’s called “Clips” but I’m not seeing an option to use the alt backgrounds.

I figured out how to do some in clips but the options were no where near extensive as to what I saw in the hands-on-previews.

Used my phone raw at work today, this thing feels really good without a case. I don't have the heart to walk around without a case though

the notch doesn’t bother me at all, but there’s wallpapers out there you can get to hide it lol

Last edited:
I figured out how to do some in clips but the options were no where near extensive as to what I saw in the hands-on-previews.

Yeah, I guess those were only loaded on the demo phones. Only info I’m seeing is that they are supposed to add a “scenes” section in November, but no specific date.

Been using this phone since Sunday evening. Had it since Friday but was out of town. Coming from a 3 year old 6 plus this transition has been a dope experience so far. So many features hitting me at once. Force touch being the most noticeable. Love the new OLED screen, and sometimes I raise to wake just to look at the lock screen. Just gorgeous.

The notch ain’t a big deal. It stands out, in a good way. May sound weird but I actually don’t mind it at all. Looking at the display in the dark/night time and the screen really stands out. It’s like the display is floating in your hand. I can’t look at other iPhones the same anymore after this. Them bezels really stand out now after using a X for just a couple days.

Gonna order another Spigen clear air cushion case. Gonna use clear cases for now so I can flex this jawn. Gotta keep clear cases in rotation to prevent them from yellowing. And in a couple months when more X’s are in circulation, I’ll start coping some Caseolgy cases

Been using this phone since Sunday evening. Had it since Friday but was out of town. Coming from a 3 year old 6 plus this transition has been a dope experience so far. So many features hitting me at once. Force touch being the most noticeable. Love the new OLED screen, and sometimes I raise to wake just to look at the lock screen. Just gorgeous.

The notch ain’t a big deal. It stands out, in a good way. May sound weird but I actually don’t mind it at all. Looking at the display in the dark/night time and the screen really stands out. It’s like the display is floating in your hand. I can’t look at other iPhones the same anymore after this. Them bezels really stand out now after using a X for just a couple days.

Gonna order another Spigen clear air cushion case. Gonna use clear cases for now so I can flex this jawn. Gotta keep clear cases in rotation to prevent them from yellowing. And in a couple months when more X’s are in circulation, I’ll start coping some Caseolgy cases

I came from a 6+ too, and you're right about the features. That force touch is so dope to me. All apps need to utilize that.

Back
Top Bottom