Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
does find my iphone even matter if the thief turns off the phone so it cant be traced and sells it for parts?
I think the delete the phone when it connects to the internet feature is more important. If they have your phone you’re SOL anyway unless you’re willing to go to war lol

:lol:

I feel like a lot of people are easily swayed by videos on products. Whether pro videos or con videos.

If you’re buying a $1,000+ phone, I’d hope you’d know all the specs and details about it and the video with their opinion in it shouldn’t be a surprise.

Make an informed decision.. but hey I guess it’s your money do what you want.

No ragrets over here :pimp:

that video is basically for those who don't own the X

if you own the X, minus an improved camera theres zero reason to upgrade unless you really want the Max aside from that, you aren't getting much

that video is basically for those who don't own the X

if you own the X, minus an improved camera theres zero reason to upgrade unless you really want the Max aside from that, you aren't getting much

For sure - but how many X owners don’t know the reasons they shouldn’t upgrade? If they choose to then just do it and don’t look back and feel guilty cause someone made a video talking about why you shouldn’t upgrade. You should know all those before buying IMO.

For anyone not on the X, the reason is basically “next year will probably be a slightly new design. Just wait.”

there's really not much they can do from a design aspect anymore. Unless they make a foldable phone or something like this full screen

iphone_6_full_display_dribbble.jpg

url

They could definitely remove that notch or minimize it.

They could also find a metal that allows wireless charging so we don’t have to worry about glass backs anymore.

They could fix the camera hump in the back.

Probably a few things I’m missing.

For sure - but how many X owners don’t know the reasons they shouldn’t upgrade? If they choose to then just do it and don’t look back and feel guilty cause someone made a video talking about why you shouldn’t upgrade. You should know all those before buying IMO.

For anyone not on the X, the reason is basically “next year will probably be a slightly new design. Just wait.”
I don't think design will even change :lol: I don't know what else you can do unless they come out with some crazy battery to make it paper thin but I don't think thats happening anytime soon

if anything next year HOPEFULLY we see a somehow even more improved screen, and some crazy features to make it a truly new phone but well see

spizike231 spizike231 those are all things that should be done on the .5 models (S, XS, C, etc)

Major design upgrades usually come every 2 years.

Yeah but I I think we all sort of agree that this “X Form factor” is really a home run and feels premium. It just needs some final touches and improvements to finish up and then honestly I have no idea where they’ll go with these phones lol

there's really not much they can do from a design aspect anymore. Unless they make a foldable phone or something like this full screen

iphone_6_full_display_dribbble.jpg

url

I’ll be honest, I wouldn’t be upset if these companies (Apple, Samsung, & whoever else) stopped refreshing hardware every 1.5-2 years and focused on software to extend the lifetime of their product.

The new iPhone is the same price as an entry level MacBook Pro. Apple doesn’t refresh their actual hardware design for at least 5 years. The same as car manufacturers- car models have a life span of 4-5 years before companies release a new design. Why aren’t these phones that way?

Apple continuously pushes the boundaries on how much life we can extend their computers due to software updates and taking advantage of creating hardware and software that is specific to each other. I had a 2012 MacBook Pro and just only recently replaced it with a 2018. I had no urge until recently to upgrade because my 2012 literally was dying.

The phone market has made its money on making consumers victims of the moment. Updating a camera or releasing a new color or changing some other minor physical aspect is what drives the mass population to upgrade. The actual internal components to be honest could survive off software updates to maximize the lifespan of the product. And we have seen Apple do this with their computers. These phones have been powerful enough to last 5+ years since the iPhone 6.

If Apple were to stretch the release dates of phones and focus on getting the most out of software and then releasing a new product every half decade, we’d see more innovation. It’s hard to innovate every 365 days, damn near impossible in a time where we’ve basically seen everything at this point.

But that won’t happen tho.

My MacBook Pro 2012 is going strong as ever and I use it every single day. The only time I even considered upgrading is when the whole touchpad came out on the new MacBooks.

If phones are gonna be priced like these laptops now, there is zero reason to upgrade without a major design upgrade. Especially if they make software that lasts for multiple years. They'll be losing money imo. People wont be buying the phones with minor upgrades at all.

Now that I’m on the upgrade program, it’d be hard for me to want to skip the new iPhone. Especially if payments remained the same.

Personally, I’m fine leasing a phone and having a monthly payment on it if it means I get whatever newest phone releases every year.

My MacBook Pro 2012 is going strong as ever and I use it every single day. The only time I even considered upgrading is when the whole touchpad came out on the new MacBooks.

If phones are gonna be priced like these laptops now, there is zero reason to upgrade without a major design upgrade. Especially if they make software that lasts for multiple years. They'll be losing money imo. People wont be buying the phones with minor upgrades at all.

I agree, and I feel like that’s when their business model will change.

Once people stop buying every year, they will probably scale back on the releases.

Look at the way Nike handled Jordan releases at their peak. Hundreds of shoes per month every year for just about a decade and some change. Then people stopped buying as much and they had to go back to using premium materials and giving customers more for their money even if it cost a bit more.

I think there will be a turning point in the mobile phone industry as a whole when companies will have to scale back on releases and focus on innovation to win back over consumers. But that won’t be until the consumers themselves begin to realize the rinse and repeat cycle they’re in. And that may not be for some time

my 2012 macbook pro still going strong as well. I did upgrade it with an ssd and 8 gb of ram, though.

those on the upgrade program, how much do u make in payments over a year span?

It works out to half the amount the full price of the phone. If you pay it for the two years it’ll equal the full price of the phone and then the phone is yours to keep. You can also make early payments IF that’s something you want to do.

My plan rn cause I’ll eventually need a good backup phone again in case something extreme happens where I’d he without a phone. Right now my back up phone is my old 5 lol. I’ll keep this Xs Max I’m about to get or 2 years so I can own that as my new backup

Back
Top Bottom