Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
How are y’all liking the update? At work right now so I gotta wait till I get home. Any new faces for the Apple Watch?

I’ve been on the beta for a while. It is honestly very very good, especially for older iPhones. It improved my battery and increased fluidity and snappiness.

I’m just upset they didn’t launch the GM with Group FaceTime.. was really enjoying that in the beta.

Reactions: God
I didn’t update the 8, but I updated the 6s that I use as an MP3 player and idk if apple is trolling, but it def made the phone faster again and the battery improved. I listened to an hr and a half long pod and been streaming music for another hr and a half and the battery percentage has only dropped 30%. On iOS 11, 3 hrs of audio would have me sitting at less than 50%...they fixed something...wild :lol:

My X seems smoother with this update. Will see how the battery life is after a full days use.

I didn’t update the 8, but I updated the 6s that I use as an MP3 player and idk if apple is trolling, but it def made the phone faster again and the battery improved. I listened to an hr and a half long pod and been streaming music for another hr and a half and the battery percentage has only dropped 30%. On iOS 11, 3 hrs of audio would have me sitting at less than 50%...they fixed something...wild :lol:
Debating if i should have my niece update the 6s plus i gave her

Just saw that verge review. Decent review. But i want to see the benchmark scores between the X and XS

Crazy how far waze has come. Few years back when it first was introduced the layout and features were trash compared to google maps. Now it’s a million times better

Waze is only good if you generally know where you're going. Google maps is a lot better as far as actual directions and getting you there.

So not to be that guy....but is there any like process to losing your phone? Does apple shut the SIM down for that phone or what.

Aka what is stopping some one from getting an Xs saying they lost it to get a second one for $269 (or whatever the replacement cost is) and flipping the original one that they "lost"

So not to be that guy....but is there any like process to losing your phone? Does apple shut the SIM down for that phone or what.

Aka what is stopping some one from getting an Xs saying they lost it to get a second one for $269 (or whatever the replacement cost is) and flipping the original one that they "lost"

You have to set up find my iPhone (obviously if you didn’t set it up before you lost it you’re SOL)

It will allow you to track your phone from your computer, disable the device, wipe it completely, and basically turn it into a useless brick until you find it and enter your passcode

The flipping “lost” or using stolen iPhone game died years ago. The only way you can get off with stealing someone’s phone (since about 2015) is if they don’t have a password and they don’t have find my iPhone on.(which is more uncommon that not these days. But some people still get caught slipping)

But if you’re talking about someone buying an Xs and then going back to the carrier to claim it stolen and have it replaced by insurance, that’s not possible these days either. Carriers block the serial numbers of all phones filed lost of stolen. So if anyone else tries to use it, it will reject any sim If they try to take it into a store, they’ll look the serial up in the system and see it was claimed lost or stolen and they’ll confiscate the phone or deny service.

Lost phones are damn near locked down like lost cars these days

appreciate it famb. I am still on my iphone 6 and have never had apple care or any insurance plan. About to jump back into modern times :lol:

:pimp:

20A8FB49-DA87-40B2-8D92-D337B8A02A63.jpeg

Checked my shipping (ordered through ATT) and it says still processing. Delivery date is the 21st, so I'm assuming ATT just updates slower than Apple or anyone else

Probably the best review video I've seen about the new phones. Also sums up why I dont think its worth the upgrade...

Last edited:
If they had release MAX last year, I wouldn’t update this year phone. If I like the size of the X, I wouldn’t upgrade to Xs this year. Only upgrade for the 6.5 display. As I’ve mention before, the X is too narrow of a phone for me.

Yeah, being on the 7 Plus for 2 years I can’t imagine going back to a smaller form factor. The first time I felt the X in my hands I realized I couldn’t use it, although it did feel premium af.

But this XS Max.. pretty excited about it.

Friday is one day closer..

:lol:

I feel like a lot of people are easily swayed by videos on products. Whether pro videos or con videos.

If you’re buying a $1,000+ phone, I’d hope you’d know all the specs and details about it and the video with their opinion in it shouldn’t be a surprise.

Make an informed decision.. but hey I guess it’s your money do what you want.

No ragrets over here :pimp:

does find my iphone even matter if the thief turns off the phone so it cant be traced and sells it for parts?

The technology in phones these days don’t warrant a yearly upgrade and the prices continue to get more and more ridiculous, reaching MBP levels. I’m sticking around with 11.3.1 cause I don’t want to lose my jailbreak. Devs have already found exploits on 12 so we will see as time goes by.

Back
Top Bottom