Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
On verizon Droids can talk and surf but the iPhone cant. Also, I was wondering with AT&T since i'm grandfathered into unlimited can I still use my upgrade and get the $299.99 price?

Also, I consistently go over 5GB in DC and they WILL SLOW YOU DOWN to like .58 down and .70 up. Every cycle, ft it hasn't happed to you you're not using more than 5 GB trust me, I already know when they hit me cause everything starts loading slow as hell.

Its how the network operates with the hardware. CDMA phones (Verizon & Sprint) can't send voice and data over just one radio antenna at the same time, while GSM phones (AT&T) do. So for Verizon, one antenna would be used for data while an additional one is used for voice. With AT&T, one antenna can be used for both.

So if you have something like an S4 for Verizon/Sprint, they will have an additional antenna to accommodate that. Apple chooses not to put an additional one in their iPhone for whatever reason.

On verizon Droids can talk and surf but the iPhone cant. Also, I was wondering with AT&T since i'm grandfathered into unlimited can I still use my upgrade and get the $299.99 price?

Also, I consistently go over 5GB in DC and they WILL SLOW YOU DOWN to like .58 down and .70 up. Every cycle, ft it hasn't happed to you you're not using more than 5 GB trust me, I already know when they hit me cause everything starts loading slow as hell.

Yeah, you should be able to upgrade and keep your unlimited data unless they do like Verizon and make you switch plans. People had to pay full price of the phone just to keep their unlimited data.

I have AT&T with grandfathered unlimited data and always get the upgrade price and keep my unlimited data...

Got T-mobile I average 30GBs of data a month watching Netflix at work. LTE coverage is excellent in DFW and my phone bill is $69 a month for unlimited everything.

Got T-mobile I average 30GBs of data a month watching Netflix at work. LTE coverage is excellent in DFW and my phone bill is $69 a month for unlimited everything.

Streaming shouldn't use that much data though, at all. That's like 1gb per day, which is 5+hours of streaming per GB
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, my Verizon bird gave me this formula.

@shoelyesses probably knows

Last edited:
If he's streaming Netflix daily then that sounds very accurate. I was watching basketball on my tablet for the during all of the playoffs and i hit around 30 every month. Greedy savages robbing people blind with insane data charges, I'm glad people can stick it them with high data usage.

Hmmm. Are you under contract?

T-mobile doesn't have contracts.

Streaming shouldn't use that much data though, at all. That's like 1gb per day, which is 5+hours of streaming per GB
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, my Verizon bird gave me this formula.

@shoelyesses probably knows

I watch ESPN/Netflix 5-6 hours a day at work and both streams are in HD. That's nothing compared to people I know who have Verizon that hit 150GB using their phones as hotspots for Xbox/PS4.

Why can't the iPhone send/receive calls over WiFi without cell service? I used to be able to do it on my Blackberry Bold 9700 years ago.

Why can't the iPhone send/receive calls over WiFi without cell service? I used to be able to do it on my Blackberry Bold 9700 years ago.
you can on ios 8.... i have the beta 5 version now and in settings it has the calls with the little circle toggle thing to make phone calls thru wifi

seems like most people are going after the 5.5 imo the 4.7 is the perfect size

if they both dropped at the same time id at least get to check it out before ordering.

im kind of torn because the 5.5 in hand might not be bad but 4.7 should be perfect.

no idea what to do honestly but we will see in a month.

^^^I just hope they aren't dramatically different. Like, I wan't the only difference to be the screen size, battery, and maybe processor. Because those things just make sense (pushing more pixels) . And if done right, it will be the exact same phone with no noticeable difference in performance and functionality. But if it has that glass, a little better camera, some extra feature etc and cost more then that would be disappointing IMO.

i agree, thats gonna anger me if the bigger phone is drastically better because then im just gonna wait for that even if its gonna be OD big. i cant justify waiting this whole time just to buy the "weaker" phone. Its probably gonna be $100 more so ill go that route if i have to even tho i dont want to.

Back
Top Bottom