Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
The lines at the Apple store are too long to wait. I wonder if I buy them and if I’m not satisfied I can return? I know they have a restocking fee but with COVID going on I’m not sure if they will take returns.
14 day return period. Regardless if box is open or not. You can even do returns online

iOS 14 Public Beta has been smooth on my phone and Ipad. I thought the custom wallpapers on carplay allowed me to set my own wallpaper, but it just lets you select one of the pre-loaded ones.

iOS 14 Public Beta has been smooth on my phone and Ipad. I thought the custom wallpapers on carplay allowed me to set my own wallpaper, but it just lets you select one of the pre-loaded ones.
Ask for that in the feedback app the beta allows. Might add it for the official release.

The mail app is trash, but outside of that everything has been cool for me as well. I gotta try the wallpaper on carplay tho. I think alot of folks will complain about this OS as it's not a overhaul of 13, but moreso a complimentary upgrade to it. I love the ability to pin text threads at the top now tho.

The mail app is trash, but outside of that everything has been cool for me as well. I gotta try the wallpaper on carplay tho. I think alot of folks will complain about this OS as it's not a overhaul of 13, but moreso a complimentary upgrade to it. I love the ability to pin text threads at the top now tho.

Mail App got worse? How is that possible? :lol:

No push notifications for Gmail is what originally got me off it. I don't know if that has been addressed yet

how long do macbooks usually last before it's time to get a new one?

I've had my MBP since '15. Bought it brand new. No issues at all. Still runs like it's fresh out of the box. Granted, I only use it for normal everyday use. I don't network on it, don't use it for playing games. If that makes a difference.

I think one of the biggest factors that "slow" computers down is that the hard drives are physically wearing down, isn't it? Takes longer to save/write/read.

I've had my MBP since '15. Bought it brand new. No issues at all. Still runs like it's fresh out of the box. Granted, I only use it for normal everyday use. I don't network on it, don't use it for playing games. If that makes a difference.

i bought my wife's macbook pro back in '15 too, but she uses it to make slideshows/vids/imovies /presentations etc. so i guess that's a reason why it's starting to act up. it's going really slow. she's even emptied her HDD on to an external and the zoom app keeps freezing up....

If you’re not doing anything crazy a laptop should last like 6-8 years

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom