Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Gazelle or one of those services this week will probably get you the most for your phone so you can pay less for the 6S.

But yeah, there was no need for the idiot remark.

Quick question,

Apple care for $100
I dont know exactly what apple care covers and what it doesnt cover.

or

Warranty through sprint for $13 a month?
I know sprint covers pretty much everything and they send you a phone first then you send yours back.

If you're thinking about AC+ for the 6S or 6S+, they bumped the price up to $129. And the cost for a replacement went up to $99. :smh: :smh:

That said, AC+ covers all damage to your phone. It doesn't cover loss/theft. And you're allowed 2 replacements for 2 years. Issues covered under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty don't count towards your replacement limit if there's a hardware/software issue.

I'd go with AC+ if I were you. It's cheaper ($129 for 2 years vs. $156 per year with Sprint). And if Sprint's insurance is anything like TMO's, your deductible will be more than the $99 AC+ deductible. I've never lost a phone or had one stolen, so not having coverage for that doesn't bother me at all.

Keep in mind that with Sprint's insurance you'll likely have to mail your phone off to be fixed/replaced. With AC+ you can go to the Apple Store and walk away with a new phone that day.

Gazelle or one of those services this week will probably get you the most for your phone so you can pay less for the 6S.

But yeah, there was no need for the idiot remark.

Gazelle is awful now. Not sure what happened because they used to pay pretty good for iPhones.

I'd sell on Craigslist, eBay or Swappa if you want the most profit. Amazon is good too. Doing it these ways is mad hassle though. It's almost worth it to just deal with Gazelle or something similar so you can avoid the lowballers and scammers.

So.....if an app comes out, can I use the force-touch screen as a scale? All the narcos will be copping with quickness

Quick question,

Apple care for $100
I dont know exactly what apple care covers and what it doesnt cover.

or

Warranty through sprint for $13 a month?
I know sprint covers pretty much everything and they send you a phone first then you send yours back.

If you're thinking about AC+ for the 6S or 6S+, they bumped the price up to $129. And the cost for a replacement went up to $99. :smh: :smh:

That said, AC+ covers all damage to your phone. It doesn't cover loss/theft. And you're allowed 2 replacements for 2 years. Issues covered under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty don't count towards your replacement limit if there's a hardware/software issue.

I'd go with AC+ if I were you. It's cheaper ($129 for 2 years vs. $156 per year with Sprint). And if Sprint's insurance is anything like TMO's, your deductible will be more than the $99 AC+ deductible. I've never lost a phone or had one stolen, so not having coverage for that doesn't bother me at all.

Keep in mind that with Sprint's insurance you'll likely have to mail your phone off to be fixed/replaced. With AC+ you can go to the Apple Store and walk away with a new phone that day.
When it comes to total equipment protection we don't support the exchange of a defective iPhone over the phone, we have you visit a store with a repair center. It's sad and doesn't make sense, but I've had to explain this to numerous customers.

Called Apple to have them explain the iPhone Upgrade Program a bit clearer than my understanding of it.

Rep I spoke to said upon a credit approval, I would be paying $XX monthly (no interest, just straight paying off the phone) with the ability to not be held down to a specific carrier. Example - if I start with Verizon and I decide down the line I want to switch to Sprint, I won't get hit with a canceling/leaving fee like I would if I did it through Verizon direct. Under this program, when the newest phone comes out, you are eligible for it right away (so essentially you'll always have the newest model upon its release). And AppleCare+ is included.

So a 64GB 6S is looking at $36.58/mo. Seems doable.

Yup. Upon pre-ordering the 6S this weekend or whenever you do, you'll be given the price rate and won't be charged until the phone ships. From there, you start making the monthly payments.

It seems really simple and more so ideal.

And you get to hold your current phone and do with it as you please (keep, sell, recycle). Unlike Verizon who asks for you to turn it in for recycling purposes.

You get to keep the old phone?

Wait so are you paying apple or your carrier this fee? How does it work?

Does apple have this up on their site to look at.

If this is true : "The 6s+ comes out to $44.91 mo" in 12 months you would have paid $538.92 worth of the phone. I don't know what storage capacity this quoted price is for though. But then you turn the phone in and get the next upgrade? Is that how it works. You don't get to keep the phone because you havent' paid it off right? Its a phone leasing program at 0% interest but if you want an early upgrade id assume you have to turn your phone back in right?

I think i will stick with the 2 year contract and own my phone. I am assuming its more then the phone amortized over a period since it has apple care in the price right? something else that i don't want

Can you preorder at AT&T stores on Saturday?

If so is it usually crazy?

I rather avoid all the crazy people

Wait so are you paying apple or your carrier this fee? How does it work?

Does apple have this up on their site to look at.

If this is true : "The 6s+ comes out to $44.91 mo" in 12 months you would have paid $538.92 worth of the phone. I don't know what storage capacity this quoted price is for though. But then you turn the phone in and get the next upgrade? Is that how it works. You don't get to keep the phone because you havent' paid it off right? Its a phone leasing program at 0% interest but if you want an early upgrade id assume you have to turn your phone back in right?

I think i will stick with the 2 year contract and own my phone. I am assuming its more then the phone amortized over a period since it has apple care in the price right? something else that i don't want

http://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

Essentially that's the difference - leasing the phone with Apple vs owning it with a carrier.

You're paying Apple for the phone, and then your carrier whatever your bill would be. And yup, to get the next upgrade (in this case, the 7) you'd have to trade in your 6S/6S+. When you initially start, as far as I understand, you don't need to trade in your current device. I think that's because not everyone signing up to this will be coming in with an iPhone.

Yup that's how it works.. I'm debating about going through apple or just do everything through tmobile...

I was going to hold off until the 7, but this plan, plus keeping my 6 might make me go ahead and get a 6S :nerd:

Yeah, i'm tempted to do the new apple thing too, but i think id rather just pay the 2 year price and own the phone

really don't need the newest phone right away 

Last edited:
Yeah, i'm tempted to do the new apple thing too, but i think id rather just pay the 2 year price and own the phone

really don't need the newest phone right away 

You don't have to upgrade either. If you're cool with your 6S/+ when the 7 come out, you can still hang onto it.

Yup that's how it works.. I'm debating about going through apple or just do everything through tmobile...
Ngl I work for T-Mobile . But If you that much into iPhones and apple . I'd do it thru Apple . 32 with apple care? The phone is unlocked ? That's not bad at all. You just need to find out what if you want to pay the phone off if there's a penalty. The phone is 35 if you add insurance through T-Mobile .
I mean it's just 3 dollars and you have actual insurance if you lose it stolen. If you know you're not going anywhere then do it through T-Mobile . Another thing yall need to keep in mind I don't know how it is around your cribs but the 2 Apple stores by mine are slammed 24/7 . They don't even have appointments available . It's much easier to go get it in the tmo store imo

One good thing about AT&T is their insurance is only $6, so you can use that on top of Apple Care

Any new buyers just dont get the 16gb and rely on icloud. Having hard memory is always more convenient. Is it just me or do pictures take more space up than before? I have to constantly delete pics.

Real talk though, im more excited for the better selfie cam than anything. How many mp is the current trash joint we all have?

Considering upgrading to the 6splus and getting the iPad pro and pen lol... I think my current 64GB 6Plus should get a nice trade in from apple, enough to cover the upgrade and the pen... anyone know what apple is giving for the 64GB 6 plus?

Apple is just trying to compete with all the service carriers who branched off and leased their phones, smart move.

Me personally I don't need a extra bill coming to my house, I rather have it all on one bill I have bad memory lol

I usually just sell 5s in this case and cop the 6 from eBay for half the asking price. Did it with the 5 and 5s every time the newer one came out

Back
Top Bottom