Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
My upgrade date is the 24th,, phone releaes on the 25th. Would i still be able to preorder at the subsidized price??

Anyone switch to T-Mobile from Verizon for unlimited data? Curious what the drawbacks are and if they're worth it
nerd.gif
I did it, got the walmart $30 /month unlimited data, text, 100 minutes.

It's kind of annoying sometimes because I lose signal a lot in less populated areas. It's fine around the city, a bit slow in some parts and faster in others (read, unusably slow, then blazing fast)

If you need consistency, stick with Verizon. Otherwise, I'm lovin' t-mobile (and I can stream music as much as I want and it doesn't count towards my data cap.)

Me and my girl still on our regular iphone 5 from 2012
Our contract was up last year
I'm probably gonna upgrade her to the 6
And I'll probably wait till the 7
I'll just pay the subsidized price with att
I'm not in need of it now
My phone still runs good and in great condition
I don't see why folks like to upgrade iPhones every year though
I've had the original iphone, 3G, 3GS and 5
I've learned to just take care of my phone
I still have all of em
I use em as iPods

People upgrade every year because they want to. There isn't really anything more to it than that. Same as how folks that don't upgrade every year stay with the same phone because they want to. Personal preference.

So pre-ordering means you can also extend the contract at the same time to get the phone for the $200 or $300 or whatever it may be correct?

Me and my girl still on our regular iphone 5 from 2012
Our contract was up last year
I'm probably gonna upgrade her to the 6
And I'll probably wait till the 7
I'll just pay the subsidized price with att
I'm not in need of it now
My phone still runs good and in great condition
I don't see why folks like to upgrade iPhones every year though
I've had the original iphone, 3G, 3GS and 5
I've learned to just take care of my phone
I still have all of em
I use em as iPods

I like your frame of thinking Nawghty. My 5s works perfectly fine too, it's the best phone I've had and I've owned the 3G and the 4s as well....but dog this 6s plus....I'm a believer now :lol:

so wait you cant just wait 2 years for your upgrade and get the phone for like 300-400 out of pocket in the store anymore?

im kind of referring to this ATT next BS

oh and...

laugh.gif

Last edited:
how does Verizon Edge work?

im on verizon now, my contract is up.

i wouldnt mind staying but im paying $200/month for me and my moms. was hoping to get something cheaper.

thats the only reason why im considering the switch.

would it be beneficial to lease it from Apple and get a prepaid carrier like cricket or simple mobile?

Last edited:
those sites offer $250 for a 6+
roll.gif
I'm so glad that I have a neighbor who owns a second hand store in Mexico. Every time she see's she ask if I have any electronics for sale. Paid me $300 for last iPhone.

how does Verizon Edge work?

im on verizon now, my contract is up.

i wouldnt mind staying but im paying $200/month for me and my moms. was hoping to get something cheaper.

thats the only reason why im considering the switch.

would it be beneficial to lease it from Apple and get a prepaid carrier like cricket or simple mobile?
I'm on the edge plan right now actually, but unfortunately verizon doesnt offer it anymore. just straight up installment plans. from what i heard now. but essentially the edge went like this if your plan is 200 a month for 4 phones and all phones switched to the edge program youd get $25 off per lines (so $100 total off)  bringing you bill down to $100 plus how ever much youre paying per month, per phone on the edge. for the sake of argument say your installment plan has all phones for $25 a month for each phone. so now youre paying exactly what you were paying before BUT you dont have to pay anything up front for the phone accept for sales tax (which is added to your next bill). if you keep the phones for 2 years and pay them off completely you get to keep the bill credit and you no longer have the monthly payments for the phone. so you bill after 2 years would be $100 a month. not sure if the new installment plan has a bill credit

what the edge plan had thats better than the current installment plan was the fact that after paying 50% of the value of the phone essentially after 1 years time, you could upgrade your phone to an new phone that would also be on the edge as long as you turn the old phone in.

Wait till October 4? I don't think so. I was eligible for my two year upgrade a month or two before my upgrade date.

I'm leaning toward the 6s+ too. I slandered the hell out the + this time last year but I can't deny it's greatness any longer. That screen is on some next **** and if I'm FaceTimiming with a 5mp front facing cam on that joint :wow: I'm getting all the girlies to show me some action on that thing.

For those of you with the 6+ how does it fair in your pocket honestly. I'm a skinny jean guy and I know they'll fit but I have to take them out when I sit down I'm assuming. Also how is it using one hand with the +?

phones in my pocket all the time unless im driving...

one hand is easy for me

I've had the iphone 6 for less than a yr. but the battery life is already deteriorating. Was getting 1 day 10hrs standby time easily. Now i cant even get 1 day. Any way to improve battery life? I been switched off background app refresh since day 1. Anything else i can do?

I've had the iphone 6 for less than a yr. but the battery life is already deteriorating. Was getting 1 day 10hrs standby time easily. Now i cant even get 1 day. Any way to improve battery life? I been switched off background app refresh since day 1. Anything else i can do?
nah I noticed this with my + just figured it was normal tho

Prolonging your battery life is almost useless at this point for phones. They always deteriorate in time. Just get a battery backup. It's literally the best $30 investment I made. I know it's not friendly in your pockets but if you keep one in your car or bag, it's super useful when you need it.

how do you get the new contract prices when looking at the 6s?

my account is eligable for an upgrade but when i go into the apple site, add my account info and check pricing they are only giving me the payment plan option. I dont want to pay 750 for the phone in any way.

I rather have the discount off the 2yr contract because I know I am not going to switch to another carrier.

Am I missing something when I go to http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone6s ? or is there another website you guys are seeing these prices at?

View media item 1707567

Back
Top Bottom