Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
What is the consensus on the jet black 7 plus?? There's supposedly an NT'er in this thread who has one but it's become an anomaly. Apple has it back ordered til Nov-December fueling my belief that they aren't and most likely weren't suppose to be available for walk-in purchase until the holiday but they needed something to show off at the keynote. There are no reviews on them either, only the 7 in jet black. That iJustine chick didn't even get her hands on one.... I have to settle for matte black which is really nice but...it's just not the same :wow:

My stores display model was jet black but they didn't get any in. I like the jet black, but I'm not trying to wait that long for a phone.

How accurate that inventory tracker? It's showing a Verizon 128 plus at a local store but I bet once I get there it's gone lol.

How accurate that inventory tracker? It's showing a Verizon 128 plus at a local store but I bet once I get there it's gone lol.

Yeah, because someone else will reserve it on the Apple website by the time you get to the store. That's why you should reserve it when you see it's available.

Walked in my local apple store and got a black 128gb iPhone 7, pretty surprised they still have some available on Sunday.

I don't think 7's sold out. No one camped out here because there were no 7+'s available and that's what everyone wanted.

In Houston 7 can be had easily. The plus models on the other hand are hit/miss. Both black models are unicorns right now. By mid October they should be available easily

Regular 7 is easier to get than an SE right now, especially gold and rose gold. If silver had a black face I would be gunning for that than those black iPhones.

What is the consensus on the jet black 7 plus?? There's supposedly an NT'er in this thread who has one but it's become an anomaly. Apple has it back ordered til Nov-December fueling my belief that they aren't and most likely weren't suppose to be available for walk-in purchase until the holiday but they needed something to show off at the keynote. There are no reviews on them either, only the 7 in jet black. That iJustine chick didn't even get her hands on one.... I have to settle for matte black which is really nice but...it's just not the same :wow:

View media item 2170725
View media item 2170727
Not the best photos above, but I have the Jet Black iPhone 7+. I think it looks better than the Matte Black, but everyone is different.

I have a clear case on the phone, which I think takes away from the phone, but I want to minimize any scratches.

Damn, I'm not even sure why I subscribed to this thread, it's a bad influence [emoji]128517[/emoji] I have a 6S Plus and I wanna wait for the next one but pics from the 7 Plus are so clean.

Regular 7s are all over LA. Can be had easily. You can even find the black matte 7 Plus easily too. But that Jet Black Plus is nowhere to be found.

Yeah, because someone else will reserve it on the Apple website by the time you get to the store. That's why you should reserve it when you see it's available.

I'm trying to do a normal upgrade finance with Verizon that option isn't available with the reserve.

Yea, apple is strict now. Before they used to be nice and do stuff free or even out of warranty but that's been done for a long time

Hell, they don't really give out refurbs anymore. They take your phone and send it out and give you a loaner now.

Smh

I was about to head over to the apple store for my genius bar appointment, but as I checked my phone this morning the bright spot on my screen is now gone!

My order with Apple moved to 'Preparing to Ship' hope that means it'll go out Monday or early next week.

Ordered my case so it'll all set when it gets here

View media item 2170752
Also checked out the Apple watches yesterday. That Gold with the navy band is mean

Last edited:
Damn, I'm not even sure why I subscribed to this thread, it's a bad influence [emoji]128517[/emoji] I have a 6S Plus and I wanna wait for the next one but pics from the 7 Plus are so clean.

Regular 7s are all over LA. Can be had easily. You can even find the black matte 7 Plus easily too. But that Jet Black Plus is nowhere to be found.

Are you serious?

Everyone I've heard of says all the Plus models are backordered and aren't available anywhere right now.. if the Matte Black 7 Plus is down in LA... what's a 6 hour drive.. :nerd:

Are you serious?

Everyone I've heard of says all the Plus models are backordered and aren't available anywhere right now.. if the Matte Black 7 Plus is down in LA... what's a 6 hour drive.. :nerd:

The 7+ may not be available at carrier stores but they will have stock in the mornings at the apple store. There was plenty of stock this morning at 8am for reserve and pickup in the west coast.

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en...1&sourceID=email&rv=0&path=&iPP=U&appleCare=Y

Check back tomorrow around 7:50am PST

Edit: Just saw your sig, if you're in norcal there was plenty of Plus stock at the apple stores in the bay area this morning for reserve.

Last edited:
apple stores receive stock almost daily, definitely check every morning if you're still looking to pick one up

Are you serious?

The 7+ may not be available at carrier stores but they will have stock in the mornings at the apple store. There was plenty of stock this morning at 8am for reserve and pickup in the west coast.

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en...1&sourceID=email&rv=0&path=&iPP=U&appleCare=Y

Check back tomorrow around 7:50am PST

Edit: Just saw your sig, if you're in norcal there was plenty of Plus stock at the apple stores in the bay area this morning for reserve.

Thanks for the heads up famb.

I have to go to a carrier store to cop tho I think, because I'm on the installment plan for Verizon and am upgrading at 75%.. right? They have to upgrade me in their system and I have to trade my phone in?

Or does Apple work that out in their system too?

Last edited:
spizike231 spizike231 That part I'm not sure of but I think you would be fine as long as you didn't pre-order or if your pre-order isn't preparing for shipment. Contact verizon and ask them

The associate had the same reaction in-store.

laugh.gif
Next time I upgrade I'm going to take my iPhone 4 and say I think it's time for an upgrade lol
I told the Frank Ocean-looking associate and he was like "really, bruh?" 
laugh.gif

He recommended getting my carrier set up on the 6s first and then just connecting it to iTunes on my PC to Restore from Backup -- worked out flawlessly.

Last edited:
Man that 16gb ain't cutting it between a couple of apps and my travel pics.

Should've put more money and get 64 smh

Looking at that 128gb 7, i want it but i need to be frugal on these thing. I'll wait a bit and see what type of corporate offer i can get on it.

I was going to do the trade in but the $650 is spread out over 24 months. I plan on getting the new iPhone next year and would've lost 12 months worth of credits, $325, by doing that.
It's a great promotion if you plan on keeping the 7 for 2 years
Right, seems like the only downside in my circumstance is that if a year from now there's an iPhone 8 rather than a 7S I'll probably want it but I won't want to lose those credits

Though, as far as I know it's only speculation about that happening

Back
Top Bottom