Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Honestly, I'm so clueless right now as i wasn't even thinking about getting a new phone or switching carriers, but Sprint caught my interest with this $70/unlimited plan. Are you saying there's an extra $50 charge for the iphone or can I just buy one for $199?
the plan is 50 and will be as low as 70 a month if you were to get a 199 iphone, the higher the iphone the more you have to finance/lease so say you get the 199 iphone 6 it would be 50 for the plan and 20 a month to use the iphone (70 total) at the end of 24 months you give sprint the iphone 6 and then they will give you the iphone 7 or whatever zero down and you continue the cycle.

is this how all the other major carriers' no contract plans work? (AT&T Next, VZW Edge, T-Mobile Jump)

i'll be switching from sprint after the 6 drops as well, and i'm so lost on what's the best and most economical plan for me and my parents. i don't wanna give up my unlimited data with sprint, but it's rather useless when it can be spotty. i also don't wanna give up my phone every 2 years for free. i'd rather sell/trade-in for some type of credit.

can i set up a new plan and/or start a new line at best buy the same way i can in an at&t or verizon retailer? i figure i'll get the most for my 5s there, as well as combine with some kinda deal they'll probably have.

also, can i trade in a sprint 5s for credit at a verizon or at&t retailer?

sorry for all the questions. this is the first time i'll be switching carriers and trading in devices on my own.

Last edited:
Have you used this product previously?

The last hybrid case I had (switcheasy) once I removed it to clean the phone I noticed the under layer "soft layer" had stretched when removing and created gaps once I put it back together. 

Anyone have any recommendation on just a simple silicone cover for the 4.7???
No havent used this brand before but im not picky either

regular ole silicone ones can be found on eBay for real cheap as well.

I dont think I'll have a reason to take the iPhone out of the case since the back isnt removable like the samsung so i wont be taking sd card in an out etc

is this how all the other major carriers' no contract plans work? (AT&T Next, VZW Edge, T-Mobile Jump)

i'll be switching from sprint after the 6 drops as well, and i'm so lost on what's the best and most economical plan for me and my parents. i don't wanna give up my unlimited data with sprint, but it's rather useless when it can be spotty. i also don't wanna give up my phone every 2 years for free. i'd rather sell/trade-in for some type of credit.

can i set up a new plan and/or start a new line at best buy the same way i can in an at&t or verizon retailer? i figure i'll get the most for my 5s there, as well as combine with some kinda deal they'll probably have.

also, can i trade in a sprint 5s for credit at a verizon or at&t retailer?

sorry for all the questions. this is the first time i'll be switching carriers and trading in devices on my own.
I`m with TMO, have unlimited date plan is 80 bucks (pay 125 total because I pay for my moms phone but she only has 1gb since she doesnt use the web).

What I do is buy in full, then sell my phone each time a new one comes out (I end up coming out of pocket about the contract price each year since Tmo doesnt discount phones). I find this easier than trading my phone into them for less than its worth and I dont have to pay the extra finance amount each month. If TMO offers Zero down for preorders I will finance and put the money aside I made for selling my 5S, IF I decide to get the 6S I will then apply the money I made from my 5S to clear the balance of what I owe TMO. Sorry if thats confusing,

lol id like so see you one hand an iPad mini and open an app.  Theres a difference between holding and operating.
I know where youre going with that but I mentioned that because I can hold an ipad mini with one hand the 6+ which is much smaller will be a breeze, like I said I can use a note 3 one hand with no stress, the 6+ isnt as wide which will make it even easier to hold and the double touch home button feature makes the 6+ height a non factor.

did yall hear about the Apple Factory workers in China?

thousands of workers went on strike either yesterday or today (their time). These workers make the screens for the iPhones and they said no more work until they get the $$ and moon cake bonus they were promised

apparently moon cake is something very good and a must have for them, on top of the money .. So I guess maybe unless they get what they want this first batch is gonna be it for a while

source: http://nypost.com/2014/09/10/factory-workers-go-on-strike-warn-bosses-no-cake-no-iphone-6/

source: http://news.yahoo.com/tech-factory-...er-mooncakes-benefits-045634855--finance.html

Last edited:
did yall hear about the Apple Factory workers in China?

thousands of workers went on strike either yesterday or today (their time). These workers make the screens for the iPhones and they said no more work until they get the $95 and moon cake bonus they were promised

apparently moon cake is something very good and a must have for them, on top of the $95 .. So I guess maybe unless they get what they want this first batch is gonna be it for a while

source: http://nypost.com/2014/09/10/factory-workers-go-on-strike-warn-bosses-no-cake-no-iphone-6/
Man don't be spreading random propoganda saying "this first batch is gonna be it"

The last quote in that article is
“It was a misunderstanding which we are solving,” said factory spokesman Dong Teng. “We don’t want our workers to be unhappy.”

If people start thinking these joints are limited because of the strike, good luck with it out in public.....

tumblr_mwv3eyBRvF1svefdfo1_250.gif

May have to jump to Sprint for that $70/unlimited plan. Do they pay ETF's?
It's actually $60 per month...and they just started a new campaign for iPhone 6 users for unlimited everything for $50. Idk the terms though. I'm on a 5S so I'm stuck at $60 but I get a discount through my company so it comes down to $50...if I was on that $50 plan I'd be paying about $40.

Good thing I have this Jump feature on T Mobile

don't have to worry about trade ins/selling my 5S

:smokin

Thats similar to the AT&T's NEXT program right?

Whas the difference and would anyone recommend that?

Nah I'll try to give a example of how a $899 32GB 5S would work on both programs

ATT Next: Put $0 down and pay $35 for 18 months. Once your 18 months is up you can trade in your phone for a new phone

T-Mobile Jump: Put $300 down, pay $25 until the balance of the payment plan is below half the original cost ($499), bring in your phone and they'll cover the other half of your payment plan (think of it like gap insurance) and you get a new phone.

I did this when I had the 5 and switched to the 5S

IMO the main difference is how much you'd be paying a month. For a 6 or 6+ you'd be paying a extra $40 a month on your bill with AT&T :x

Last edited:
I'm real tempted to stay with ATT and jump on that NEXT program

free upgrade every 12-18 months with 0 down..

It's either ATT or tmobile since they'll buy me out of my contract...only problem i have with tmobile is that I heard its horrible in Oregon...and Oregon is where i work in the summer :frown:... I would have to buy a prepaid straight talk phone

So whats the catch for AT&T next

I prob wont bite on it cus im not tryin to lose my unlimited everything. But it sounds nice

So ATT Next will charge you $35 for 18 months on your plan price so you can upgrade every year?
Not exactly. Your aren't being charged extra. That 35 a month is for the phone which you only initially pay the tax for.

You can upgrade yearly OR keep the phone till it's paid off.

It's a pretty good deal id say

Yesterday dudes were saying it wasn't a great deal. Now I'm tempted again..

Don't see how it could be bad. You pay for the phone over time (which you'd pay anyway). You aren't being charges extra plus get a yearly upgrade.

Where's the down side? :lol:

you are paying every single month for a phone and its never ending especially if you upgrade everytime :lol:

id say thats the bad side

Back
Top Bottom