Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
Anyone have a 5s on at&t? I'm having trouble with textplus automatically shutting down. This upgrade and update have been disappointing.

how you team #iphone but not have the guap to cop tha iphone 5s on launch?
Pre ordered the 4S when I got it.. the first iPhone I had tried to get ON LAUNCH.. horrible experience. I got back ordered for my 4S for a month and a half.. AT&T stores everywhere had my phone in stock within days, but for some stupid reason I still had to wait a month and a half to get mine in the mail. Just like my homeboy today. We waited in line for 4 hours to get his 5S and Verizon turned him away because he was trynna use his Moms upgrade (they trade upgrades and whatnot) and she couldn't call to voice confirm his permission to use it. He had the permission through text and all the account info sent to him but they wouldn't look at it.

So why don't i have the guap? Cause I didn't want it on launch.
alien.gif

also I wasn't being siri

I got the brown leather case from Apple, it's actually really nice and feels great. Hopefully the quality holds up for a while.

Last edited:

A black and gold one would be the Goldust colorway.
laugh.gif

it would be clean though, like i said im glad it didnt release. spending $700 on almost the same phone twice in one year
sick.gif

im good bruh unless i had cash where it wouldnt mean a thing
Why no EIP though?  With the iPhones holding their value so well, EIP makes sense if you can get the lowest up front cost.  

I spent $140ish up front for the 5 and spent $80 in monthly installment payments.  

Grabbed Applecare+ for $99, but requested a refund from Apple when I sold the 5 a few days ago and got $73 back.  I'll roll that over into the $99 price of Applecare+ for the 5S.  

Sold the 5 for $420 and paid off the remaining $400 balance immediately.  

So all in all, I spent about $250 out of pocket for the 5 and I used it for five months.  Same thing will happen with the 5S when the 6 comes out, although my Appelcare+ refund will be lower, as will my remaining balance.

No need to spend $700 up front unless you really don't want to be in a contract of sorts.  I have no issue with it because I'm not planning on switching carriers.  

why would i pay monthly? its same thing in the end
laugh.gif

i paid cash for my 5 a few months ago, it was a waste of money IMO. no phone is worth $600+. the only reason i got it so i could have full 4G/LTE all the time. Now the 5 is a good phone but is it or the 5S worth $600? IMO... hell no
You pay monthly so you don't have to cough up that huge chunk of change upfront.  It just lightens that initial hit to the wallet because even if you can afford it, ponying up that much cash sucks.  

If it's the same price in the end, why not take advantage?  It's literally an interest-free line of credit.   

It's all good though...I guess it's just personal preference.  Although now that I think about it, I think I remember you saying you're on your mom's account or something.  Maybe that has something to do with it.  

can you make it so that you only use the fingerprint scanner? instead of having both the passcode and finger print at the same time?

This

Pretty sure if you have the fingerprint set, you don't have to swipe, so the passcode won't show up, and you just use your finger to unlock. Just press power button and put your finger on the home button for the fingerprint. :smokin

I hope apps can take advantage of the scanner.
Instead of always typing in username and password just a simple scan of the finger.
Using it on bank apps, Facebook, flicker, Netflix with one scan would be very dope especially the bank ones that require login everyday

Can't use an otterbox with the 5S, it'll block the touch sensor.

I have an otter box and it works just fine
You can unlock the phone using fingerprint while otterbox is on the phone?

Instead of always typing in username and password just a simple scan of the finger.
Using it on bank apps, Facebook, flicker, Netflix with one scan would be very dope especially the bank ones that require login everyday
its already been mentioned for future use...

You can unlock the phone using fingerprint while otterbox is on the phone?
its already been mentioned for future use...

Yep! I don't have a big otterbox it's one of the thinner ones and it lets me use the fingerprint just fine

def gonna be in use for apps, they wouldnt implement it only to use to unlock the phone. its gonna be a way of the future i guess :lol:

i dont like it but eh

TMOBILE PEOPLE:

so apparently no store is carrying the 32GB and above. if ordered, how long is the back order process? I heard 7 days for black/grey, but longer for the gold... any idea how long?

The expected delivery date for my 32gb Gold is Oct. 7

I made my order literally within minutes after it dropped on the T-Mobile website.

-Drew

They ship it to u on release day if u order it once it releases. If u can wait 22 hours in front of a store u can stay up till 2-3am to preorder the phone
22 hours is a far reach, my man. 2-3 hours is probably more like it.

I ordered the phone at 12:00AM on Verizon's website and I probably won't get it until the end of next week. It said it will ship on the 24th, and takes 2 days to get delivered. It doesn't bother me at all since I work 40+ hours a week and can't fathom lining up for anything. This long of a wait may be eternity to some though.

Back
Top Bottom