APPLYING FOR U.S. CITIZENSHIP

jt air jt

Banned
I'm a Japanese citizen; but I want to get my United States citizenship. I have records of DUI, misappropriation of lost property, a distribution of marijuana with the intent to sell case that was dismissed and a couple of disturbing the peace arrests. Will this hurt my chances of becoming a U.S. citizen? I'm thinking about getting my records expunged - but is it necessary?
nerd.gif

Thanks in advance

Record doesn't sound good,

Some people with clean good records have trouble applying for it, It'll be harder for you.

You got no future here. No citizenship for you, probably won't even be able to get a green card... how u gonna get a job without a citizenship. Better pack your bags. Sayonara, sonny.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

You got no future here. No citizenship for you, probably won't even be able to get a green card... how u gonna get a job without a citizenship. Better pack your bags. Sayonara, sonny.

Snap!

doesn't sound good at all......any family member a us citizen? if your parents are us citizens, it will increase the chance.

Originally Posted by JT AIR JT

I'm a Japanese citizen; but I want to get my United States citizenship. I have records of DUI, misappropriation of lost property, a distribution of marijuana with the intent to sell case that was dismissed and a couple of disturbing the peace arrests. Will this hurt my chances of becoming a U.S. citizen? I'm thinking about getting my records expunged - but is it necessary?
nerd.gif

Thanks in advance

24bmde9.jpg

I have records of DUI, misappropriation of lost property, a distribution of marijuana with the intent to sell case that was dismissed and a couple of disturbing the peace arrests.
No offensive, but you sound like horrible person.
You do not deserve an American citizenship. There are plenty of hard working, law abiding immigrants who should be before you.

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

nerd.gif

Thanks in advance

24bmde9.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

nerd.gif

Thanks in advance

24bmde9.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
i wanna see the fun bags he was looking at 
nerd.gif

Talk to an immigration attorney.

The weed charge is by far the most problematic. There are certain areas that you just can't go near as an immigrant, selling drugs and prostitution. If it was dismissed I guess that helps, but combined with everything else it's not a good look at all.

Other than areas like that you have to stay away from COMT (crimes of moral turpitude). You can look this up online to see what counts as COMT.

But in general it's not a good look for you at all. Even if the charges individually don't bar you from adjusting your immigration status, the overall record might.

Talk to a lawyer ASAP.

Get the best immigration lawyer you can, and let him know you are willing to pay as much as it takes for it, granted you have dough. Money can buy you anything.

Back
Top Bottom