Appreciate watching Lebron

Originally Posted by travman24

Gotdamn can we have a thread about kobe or lebron w/o having the other brought up?.. Don't see how no one could hate Lebron right now, dude is doing it all.

Nope.

When you bring one up the other must come up. And throw jordan in that mix.

Its great to have seen all of them play.

Remember Kobe was winning Chips at Bron's age

kobesnaq.png

kobeasterisk.png

Originally Posted by AirGordon10

not trying to thread jack, but

Am I the only non-cavs non-lebron fan, who will like to see Z get a ring?

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

If I wasn't a Cavs fan, I would definitely wanna see him get one after everything he's been through with the losing and foot injuries.

I'm 20 and wished I were born earlier to appreciate MJ in his earlier years that I don't really remember. BUT, I will most certainly remember LBJ'sascent to greatness.

Originally Posted by GrizztheBoss

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Remember Kobe was winning Chips at Bron's age

kobesnaq.png

kobeasterisk.png

laugh.gif

How easily you guys forget. Shaq was in his prime and it just so happened that Kobe was on his team. To be sure that Kobe deserves some credit butin his prime Shaq was an unstoppable force. Who was the MVP of all those championship teams? Further proof, an old Shaq won one with Wade. Just goes to showthat if Kobe just swallowed his pride and let Shaq take the lead. Who knows how many chips they could have gotten.

Whats funny is back when Michael was playing, if you werent a Chicago fan, most likely you were bashing the dude. Calling him a ball hog, arrogant, not a teamplayer ect ect.

Then I would say during his last two years and once he officially retired his legacy skyrocketed amongst fans who now wished they appreciated him while heplayed. They missed him, even if he was torching his teams.

And I've sound this countless times about Kobe as well, appreciate him while he is here because he doesnt have many years left and when he does decide tohang them up, we will truly miss him playing in the league. Just like Michael he really does paint a Mona Lisa out there on the court.

And now you could say LeBron is well on his way to be in that catagory. The man is special and straight beasts teams, granted it isnt as smooth as MJ's orKobe's at this point but when its all said and done those three players will most likely be known as the three greatest basketball players the world hasever seen.

How easily you guys forget. Shaq was in his prime and it just so happened that Kobe was on his team. To be sure that Kobe deserves some credit but in his prime Shaq was an unstoppable force. Who was the MVP of all those championship teams? Further proof, an old Shaq won one with Wade. Just goes to show that if Kobe just swallowed his pride and let Shaq take the lead. Who knows how many chips they could have gotten.

yeah, Kobe wasn't that good. he just tagged along on to those championship teams with his measley 28.5 ppg...

And now you could say LeBron is well on his way to be in that catagory. The man is special and straight beasts teams, granted it isnt as smooth as MJ's or Kobe's at this point but when its all said and done those three players will most likely be known as the three greatest basketball players the world has ever seen.

no.

maybe the three greatest that YOU have seen, but even then you'd be wrong. neither Lebron nor Kobe will ever pass Shaq. and that's just in ourgeneration alone, not to bring up Magic, Wilt, Bird, etc.

Only guy that I've seen come in with SOOOO much hype and exceeded it and then some. Probably the only guy I'll pay to watch.

BTW I really hope he becomes a Knick LOL.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

How easily you guys forget. Shaq was in his prime and it just so happened that Kobe was on his team. To be sure that Kobe deserves some credit but in his prime Shaq was an unstoppable force. Who was the MVP of all those championship teams? Further proof, an old Shaq won one with Wade. Just goes to show that if Kobe just swallowed his pride and let Shaq take the lead. Who knows how many chips they could have gotten.

yeah, Kobe wasn't that good. he just tagged along on to those championship teams with his measley 28.5 ppg...

And now you could say LeBron is well on his way to be in that catagory. The man is special and straight beasts teams, granted it isnt as smooth as MJ's or Kobe's at this point but when its all said and done those three players will most likely be known as the three greatest basketball players the world has ever seen.

no.

maybe the three greatest that YOU have seen, but even then you'd be wrong. neither Lebron nor Kobe will ever pass Shaq. and that's just in our generation alone, not to bring up Magic, Wilt, Bird, etc.
Im talking about strictly guards. I know I didnt emphasize that but thats what I ment.

And before anybody gets smart, LeBron is SF but for the most part scores like a SG would.

Also, Shaq is my all time favorite player so chill.

I never liked Lebron , never have , never will .

I just don't get it ...

He will never be in my top players or anything like that .

I don't know , maybe it's just me .

I'm good with Jordan & Kobe .

Lebron is simply amazing....I am in no way a Cavs fan at all, but I am usually awestruck each time I see Lebron play. Since Shaq in his prime, he is theGREATEST combination of size, speed, and athleticism that the NBA has seen in a long time. To this day, I still think the greatest feat Lebron pulled off waswhen he took 8 of his men last year and beat the wizards following the trade that brought in Wally, Delonte, and Big Ben....

here's the box score....yeah, the Wizards were playing w/o Caron and Gil, but there is no excuse for them to drop this game. Lebron WILLED his squad to awin...I mean, look at the minutes Eric Snow, Damon Jones, and those 2 d-leaguers played....unreal...

Washington
Starters Min FG 3Pt FT Off Reb Ast TO Stl BS BA PF Pts
D. Stevenson G 41:15 5-13 4-8 4-4 0 0 2 3 0 1 0 1 3 18
A. Daniels G 27:58 3-7 0-1 0-2 -2 0 1 8 0 2 0 1 1 6
B. Haywood C 41:45 4-6 0-0 5-6 0 0 3 1 3 0 0 0 5 13
A. Jamison F 43:27 6-17 0-1 4-7 0 1 9 2 2 3 0 1 0 16
A. Blatche F 29:03 6-8 0-0 0-0 -1 2 7 1 1 1 4 0 3 12
Bench Min FG 3Pt FT Off Reb Ast TO Stl BS BA PF Pts
D. Songaila 20:18 6-11 0-0 7-8 -1 0 5 1 0 0 0 1 2 19
R. Mason 20:16 1-4 0-2 1-2 +1 0 1 1 0 2 0 0 0 3
D. McGuire 9:11 0-0 0-0 0-0 -1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0
N. Young 6:45 1-4 0-1 0-0 -1 0 3 0 2 0 0 0 2 2
G. Arenas DNP - Coach's Decision
C. Butler DNP - Coach's Decision
O. Pecherov DNP - Coach's Decision
Totals 32-70 4-13 21-29 3 31 18 8 9 4 4 17 89
Percentages: .457 .308 .724 Team Rebounds: 13
Cleveland
Starters Min FG 3Pt FT Off Reb Ast TO Stl BS BA PF Pts
D. Jones G 44:07 10-16 7-11 0-0 +2 0 0 4 1 1 0 0 2 27
E. Snow G 32:19 1-6 0-0 1-2 +3 0 2 1 2 0 1 2 3 3
Z. Ilgauskas C 36:26 4-10 0-0 0-1 -4 2 8 2 0 0 1 0 5 8
L. James F 44:32 11-20 2-6 9-14 +2 3 15 8 3 1 1 0 1 33
D. Brown F 43:04 5-11 0-4 0-0 +5 4 10 7 4 2 0 1 4 10
Bench Min FG 3Pt FT Off Reb Ast TO Stl BS BA PF Pts
B. Thomas 19:08 3-11 3-11 0-0 -3 0 2 0 3 0 0 0 2 9
D. Jones 13:22 0-1 0-0 0-0 +2 4 5 1 0 0 0 1 4 0
K. Dickens 7:01 0-1 0-0 0-0 -2 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0
D. Gibson DNP - Coach's Decision
S. Pavlovic DNP - Coach's Decision
J. Smith DNP - Coach's Decision
W. Szczerbiak DNP - Coach's Decision
A. Varejao DNP - Coach's Decision
B. Wallace DNP - Coach's Decision
D. West DNP - Coach's Decision
Totals 34-76 12-32 10-17 13 43 23 13 4 4 4 22 90
Percentages: .447 .375 .588 Team Rebounds: 8
Game Info
Technical Fouls: None
Arena: Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH
Attendance: 20,562
Officials: Greg Willard, Leon Wood, Tony Brown
Duration: 2:31
Legend

:
Team net points while player is in game,
TO:
Turnovers,
PF:
Personal Fouls,
BS:
Blocked Shots,
BA:
Blocks Against

Updated on Friday, Feb 22, 2008 11:08 pm ET

The man is special and straight beasts teams, granted it isnt as smooth as MJ's or Kobe's at this point but when its all said and done those three players will most likely be known as the three greatest basketball players the world has ever seen.
laugh.gif
Yeah that Magic guy was a myth.

This is like a kid comparing AJ's09 out now to shoes out to shoe's 15 years ago. LeBron is a great player now the best palyer in the league, but thecomments way above that are laughable. You could stick about 5 players in the NBA when Jordan played who would run roughshot over the NBA now on a decent team.It doesn't make Lebron any less special but you have to put in perspective. He great I've seen better, faster and stronger. MJ consistantly dominatedthe NBA at it's very best. He was the best player on the planet for over 10 years he fried all challengers. He had no real personal rival because he was acouple notches above everyone else, the fact that Kobe is still in the discussion makes the difference there. There was no player as close to MJ say 12,16years ago as Kobe is to James.

I think Lebron has the potential to become the GOAT but in order to do that he must start winning championships now. Before we can really compare him tojordan he needs to win at least 3 or 4. But so far Lebron is on his way
pimp.gif
Hes won a gold medal in the olympics, hes a 2 time nba all star mvp, 2nd youngest nba mvp, and might win it all this year. Now im not sayen lebron = jordan, imjust sayen right now he has the potential to be in the same category by the time he walks away from the game.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

no.

maybe the three greatest that YOU have seen, but even then you'd be wrong. neither Lebron nor Kobe will ever pass Shaq. and that's just in our generation alone, not to bring up Magic, Wilt, Bird, etc.
Kobe got his measly 28.5 because nobody was guarding him. They were triple teaming Shaq.

Players like LeBron come along once in a generation.

MJ had the league on lock

Then Shaq had the league on lock

Then Duncan had the league on lock

Now people are seeing that it could be LeBron's time
nerd.gif

Natural progression of the NBA and the supreme superstar of that time in history.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

I just don't get it ...

You should be more open minded, because when it's all said and done LBJ will be in discussion with those people you mentioned.

Btw, I never really like Lebron either but this year he's showing everyone what type of player he'll be or can be.

Dude is going to be a force in the league for MANY years to come.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

I just don't get it ...

i just don't get how you just don't get it

I mean, what's there to get? Just look at this man play...

Back
Top Bottom