April/May's Jordan Brand News (update XX lows)

just to add a little info...
the strap on the Strong is reversible. the other side its an alternate color (i believe its black for the white/red colorway). basically, you unstrap it from the front and you can strap it in the back around the achilles portion of the shoe. the reversed side also has the JORDAN script in the XX font.
as far as the white/black/chartruese color is concerned (the color posted by kingmajix), i believe JB will be releasing them in september. no guarantees yet tho.
Click here for easy money

I need a pair of St. Patrick's Day AF1 womens sz. 10.5 or 11. If you have a pair for sale, hit me up.
Also got that black Altitude shirt (xl) everyone wants. Hit me up at pdoggy85@msn.com

Quote:
Thanks for the compilation, Meth.

those charcoal xiv's look goooood! :pimp:
pimp.gif

"LOVE is..
getting the shoes you want because YOU want them..
not because everyone else does.."

Coppin
Much Red and Black XIV about 3 two for me and one for myhomey
Peace
Until December
cannot wait

I am so ready for those chartreuse XIV's...
Canada better get an earlier release again!

thanks for the info meth! :smokin
smokin.gif

TIMAINSTREAMISM!"[/b]​
AM1 ATMOS 'Viotechs' & AM BW 'Stash' sz10-10.5
ren_credo@rogers.com

Solid post Method man!

I wonder if there will be any variations of the XIV Retro to the XIV OG....I do hope there is some variation for the blk/reds dropping XMas Eve!

Thank you Meth. Now I don't have to sort through 10 pages looking for XIV info. :wow:
eek.gif

NDS Air Jordan XII blk/rd Retro size 9
NDS Air Jordan II wht/blk/rd Retro size 8
Used Air Jordan XVIII wht/blu size 9
Email me for pics/info doubleT903@earthlink.net

i ahte QS's >:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
theres no way i can get them in my area unless i wana go online n buy em for rape >:
mad.gif

o well im happy wit the other releases :D
happy.gif

[/b]​

thanks for the info meth... can't wait for CG XIV...

Quote:
Notice that, unlike years past, it seems nearly every product this holiday season will benefit from ample apparel support. Perhaps this will reduce the number of posts we get from individuals incapable of dressing themselves

had me
laugh.gif
, and i certainly hope it will.

but yo... i think you made one little mistake - 2005 will mark the FIFTH year, not the fourth of black/red XI holiday releases (XI, VII, XII, XIII, XIV, that's five)
"We are all living on this planet. I did not come from space. All humans, there is a lot the same between you and me,
between Chinese people and American people. It was not so hard to adjust. The world is so small.
America sent people to the moon 40 years ago. The moon is much farther than China.

- YAO MING -

last shots will be the only kicks i get for the rest of the year
" OG IN THE SHOE GAME " since 1993
also reppin the bay R I P mac dre "the crest creeper"

Great post. All I have left to cop this year as far as jordans go is Steel X's, Laser Fire Red IV's, and Black/Red XIV's(Last Shots)
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

- George W. Bush

Thanks for taking the time to make this post Meth, appreciate it.

And :rofl:
roll.gif
at the term Retroism. I guess Ceddie and I are the only ones who got a kick out of that.
Just too SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Looking for Jordan Par23 in 10.5-11.5

Great post as usual Meth >D
grin.gif

One quick question though, any word on the rumor of JB stopping retros in the upcoming year?
The Finest Shooter in the Nation...​

Quote:
Thanks for the post Meth.

But what about these?

I swear, if these were dropped in favor of the white/green (did they learn with the IVs?) or grey monstrosities, I may end up maiming someone.

I'm with you on that.

The problem I have is that we still haven't seen a sample of white/black/chartreuse. From what I'd gathered, they were from the "lifestyle" collection alongside such monstrosities as the linen x and the white/navy/'orange flash' xiii lows. Assuming they were set to release in september, it would seem to follow that the charcoal grey pair has usurped their position on the release calendar. To have TWO shoes containing various proportions of black/gray/chartreuse designated as "urban releases" would seem redundant enough, but then we have to factor in the shoe's similarity to the GR white/forest green XIV and the prospect of seeing all three of these shoes release within a 2 month timeframe. Then there's the fact that, until the grey suedes came along, EVERY single XIV retro had ribs. There's far too much redundancy when white/black/chartreuse is included in the fall/holiday window.

In spite of this, I truly hope I'm proven wrong and the shoe releases.
Personally, I like white/black/grey/chartreuse infinitely better than the grey suede. To me, it's everything the original white/black/oxidized green/"water" All Star colorway should've been.

As for the delicate question of whom to maim... might I suggest the first person you come across to refer to the charcoal XIVs as "squirrels?"

Quote:
but yo... i think you made one little mistake - 2005 will mark the FIFTH year, not the fourth of black/red XI holiday releases (XI, VII, XII, XIII, XIV, that's five)
You're right. Initially the black/red VIIs had slipped my mind (as they're just as much purple as black) and my mind occluded them to recall black/red XI-XIV. When I remembered to include the VII in my list, I forgot to change fourth to fifth. Nice catch.

Quote:
hmm the melo 5.5 look different at the back then the pics that were posted earlier. wasn't there a very high (blue) sole leading upwards till above the jumpman? if so, then I like this new version better!!

Yeah, it would seem that the sample included is more recent than the one we saw earlier. I can't say for certain, though.

If you look, you can see that the midsole SHAPE is the same. By coloring it black, it would seem that they're downplaying the distended proportions of the midsole, (because clearly everyone loved it so much on the nu retro 2) but aside from the addition of "flames," (which you can make out on the catalog sketches) it would seem that the midsole itself is otherwise unchanged from the earlier sample.

I agree that it's an improvement... but then again just about any change would've been for the better in my humble opinion.

Quote:
One quick question though, any word on the rumor of JB stopping retros in the upcoming year?
I'm not much of an insider, so I couldn't tell you. I'd love to see it happen. If anything, hopefully they'll at least slow down. It's sad to see Jordan brand release MORE XIIIs in '04-'05 than in '97-'98. Meanwhile, we're only seeing fewer iterations of the NEW flagship Air Jordan and more tacky spinoffs. Far too many Air jordan XXs look like they're assembled with spare parts ("QS") or designed using paint by number (regionals) as opposed to the well crafted set of 5 mids (home/away, playoff home/away, and wildcard AS game) to which longtime Jordan fans are accustomed. In the "old days," dedicated sneaker fans held the Team line in high esteem. Today, it's been devalued. I'd like to care about the Team line again, and the only way to reemphasize NEW products is to relieve the stranglehold that retro products have on the release calendar. (That, and stop skimping on cushioning etc. for team products. It's embarassing to have new products outperformed by Nikes costing 20% less and Jordan team shoes from 4 years ago.)

One thing I've learned over the years: you can't take Jordan brand at its word. They're going to do whatever they think puts them in the best position as a business, and that can include reversing directions and, occasionally, going back on your word. If we were to believe everything that someone at JB said over the years, we'd have to believe that the Air Jordan II retros are IDENTICAL to the Italian made originals... because Jordan brand doesn't want to deliver an inferior quality retro product, one that pales in comparison to the original. Erm.... yeah.. Don't make me list counterexamples to that infamous promise.

So when someone says, "Read my lips: no more retros," you can understand my skepticism.

I feel I should note that I try to only include VERIFIED information in these news posts. Unsubstantiated rumors etc. will not make the cut here. The point here is to make sure that we're all well informed about future releases, so that we can make the best decisions possible in the coming months. The point isn't to sensationalize and discuss products that may or may not actually come out.

Back
Top Bottom