January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
yikes, the wwe really going to make a point with Luke Harper's situation
from his post, i'd thought he got his release like shawn spears or kenta
#justiceforbrodie

Lio vs finn for the belt was needed before the shakeup. Lio woulda baked finn on the mic too. Too late now that finn in smackdown right?

chuck flair runs the business. i am surprised she hasn't negotiated for her and andrade to receive private flights and full travel reimbursements

but yeah, Mr San Jose, Santa Clara County doing what he does best with his "journalism"

“Regarding reports that Andrade and Vega were moved to Smackdown at the request of FOX, wanting a Latino act on the show, that’s not the reason, or at least the prime reason, but it’s not untrue either.

:rofl: classic meltz

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:. I thought both shows came out fairly even with SD having a slight edge after the shakeup, but SD looks even better now. Charlotte basically aiding in keeping Almas & Zelina together, and by proxy Aliester Black and Zelina behind the scenes, and breaking up a team that was good together but didn't need to be together in the first place. Shout out to Charlotte
aqDwC.png
aqDwC.png
aqDwC.png

WON: WWE not granting Luke Harper his release right now, also adding months to his contract based on his injury
renderTimingPixel.png

From the latest Observer, seems like they don't want Harper to walk

Right now the WWE side of things regarding Luke Harper is that he is not going to be released and they’ve added six months to his contract because they’ve said that his contract term that was to end in November, has been added to because it was frozen due to his time off for wrist surgery. So their viewpoint is that he can’t leave until just before next year’s WrestleMania. From an outside perspective, this seems to be a way to dissuade people from going public and saying they’re unhappy. The flip side was Dustin Runnels, who has been out for months with double knee surgery, but because he never said a word, denied he was leaving when rumors came out, was given a release and was able to immediately walk into a good position with AEW .

Lance Storm gets IT

Lance Storm: "Something that I find so annoying, the 'You deserve it' and the fans that want everybody to get the top push and it's just not the way this business works. And it shouldn't be. You can't make every single person the top guy and there is no shame in being a well-utilised middle guy."
renderTimingPixel.png

Lance Storm was on Figure 4 Daily with Don Callis and discussed fans wanting everybody to be pushed.

"I think having your core top guys is so important and it's something that with WrestleMania just behind us I think when this drops that I find so annoying, if you will, the 'You deserve it' and the fans that seem to want everybody to get the top push and everybody to be protected and it's just not the way this business works. And it shouldn't be. You can't make every single person the top guy and there is no shame in being a well-utilised middle guy. And I had that with my big run in WCW when I got the three titles, it was like, 'Oh they should put the World Title on you' and it's like, yeah in that at moment it would have been a great story and everybody would've went 'Oh my god' but it's like... no. I wasn't going to be the top guy in WCW at that moment. They had Goldberg and Sting and so many other guys, Booker was really on fire at the time, and it would have been great in my universe but you've got a vision for a whole company and it's like, 'No, I am not the world champion in WCW 3 months after I got there'. And there would be fans, 'oh they should have...' and it's like, no they shouldn't have. And it's the Asuka not getting her... she was supposed to get a title match at Mania and they yanked it and... there's a bigger picture sometimes. And with something that I mentioned early on when we first started with IMPACT, you know who the top important guys are. And it doesn't make The Rascals as an example, less fun to watch than Kross and Cage. You know The Rascals aren't the top guys but they bring a lot of fun and energy, they've got their wacky style of promo segments and they can be a valuable part of the show without being the main event and I think fans need to accept that more. It's like your cast in a movie. There is only one lead."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom