Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

If 33 is old, im ancient then broham.
But i am glad i grew up when i did. Imo nothing compared to growing up in the 80-90's.

I agree

First time posting here, hell...first time buying J's in a while because life kind of leads you down a different path once you grow up and get married and all that garbage.  Anyway, the Aqua 8's are my favorite shoe of all time, and not having kept up with releases in years, I almost **** my pants when I walked into Champs this weekend and saw 'em on the shelf. 

A little background: I moved to Chicago in '91, staying on an army base up there named Fort Sheridan (hence the name) until '95, when we moved out to Oakland.  Army kids in that town had it rough, because the area was rich (no ****, Lake Michigan was 100 yards out and the beach was my backyard) but we weren't, so having nice stuff wasn't really that common.  Being a skinny little white 12 year old at the time, I was crazy about the Bulls.  Went to school with Bill Cartwright's son Justin, wouldn't leave the poor kid alone.  Could never get any J's because they were just too expensive.  

Anyway, my mom surprised me with the Aquas when they came out and I don't think I took 'em off until they were coming apart.  I cared more about those shoes than I did my own life at that point.  Always wanted another pair, just never kept up with retros or anything so I never got another set.  

Now we get back to the almost ******** my pants part.  Walked in, saw the shoes on the shelf, instantly turned into that 12 year old kid again.  They had two 12s left, and much to my wife's chagrin, both of those are now mine.  One is never leaving the box, while the others probably won't leave my feet for a while.  My 8 fever got so bad I went back last night and got the last 3peats they had.  I think I have a problem now.

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded post.  I'm just really excited over this release.  The sentimental value these shoes have for me is incredible.  Y'all take care.

Stories like this are nice to hear

Just came up on a pair for 120 at the Nike Factory store on the hash wall. Got em for 120 +tax. I really do like em just the sparkles kinda got me iffy.

A return from Nike. Instead of returning it through UPS you can drop it off at a outlet. I do that sometimes.

Just came up on a pair for 120 at the Nike Factory store on the hash wall. Got em for 120 +tax. I really do like em just the sparkles kinda got me iffy.
They are already at the outlet which one?
IDK if they are actually at the outlets or if I got someone's return. When I got my pair it was on the hash wall @ $150 plus 20% off. What I got was the Aquas

IDK if they are actually at the outlets or if I got someone's return. When I got my pair it was on the hash wall @ $150 plus 20% off. What I got was the Aquas
on the wall with no lid are returns when footies still have them in store. when you see the same shoes gone from footies and shoes up at outlet than they tend to be FSR. 

Reactions: Ube
on the wall with no lid are returns when footies still have them in store. when you see the same shoes gone from footies and shoes up at outlet than they tend to be FSR. 
Footies?
1783492-foot_soldier_cartoon_red_symbol-is-the-new-ninja-turtles-movie-getting-shot-in-the-foot-a-little-turtle-history-jpeg-65277.jpg

Back
Top Bottom