Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

Anyone else have threads sticking out of theirs in places and sloppy paint? Mine got shipped from footaction so I know they are legit. But jeez.

So the AJ8 is my favorite shoe and seeing them sit on NDC and in a size 13 makes me happy. Just need to pay for these school books :smh:

:smokin

I want to get a pair of these for my daughter, but they're not girly enough. On the preschool pairs they have that full black midsole.. But I was thinking about trying to do some customization work on it to make it look like the Adult/Grade School pairs. Anyone can point me in the right direction on tutorials how to do so?

Those pics look really good but when I held them in my hand I was so frustrated with that glitter ****... why? Just why put glitter on them?!

First time posting here, hell...first time buying J's in a while because life kind of leads you down a different path once you grow up and get married and all that garbage.  Anyway, the Aqua 8's are my favorite shoe of all time, and not having kept up with releases in years, I almost **** my pants when I walked into Champs this weekend and saw 'em on the shelf. 

A little background: I moved to Chicago in '91, staying on an army base up there named Fort Sheridan (hence the name) until '95, when we moved out to Oakland.  Army kids in that town had it rough, because the area was rich (no ****, Lake Michigan was 100 yards out and the beach was my backyard) but we weren't, so having nice stuff wasn't really that common.  Being a skinny little white 12 year old at the time, I was crazy about the Bulls.  Went to school with Bill Cartwright's son Justin, wouldn't leave the poor kid alone.  Could never get any J's because they were just too expensive.  

Anyway, my mom surprised me with the Aquas when they came out and I don't think I took 'em off until they were coming apart.  I cared more about those shoes than I did my own life at that point.  Always wanted another pair, just never kept up with retros or anything so I never got another set.  

Now we get back to the almost ******** my pants part.  Walked in, saw the shoes on the shelf, instantly turned into that 12 year old kid again.  They had two 12s left, and much to my wife's chagrin, both of those are now mine.  One is never leaving the box, while the others probably won't leave my feet for a while.  My 8 fever got so bad I went back last night and got the last 3peats they had.  I think I have a problem now.

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded post.  I'm just really excited over this release.  The sentimental value these shoes have for me is incredible.  Y'all take care.
That's an awesome story bro! I feel the same way about some kicks, it's not a problem (I hope) so don't worry.

Those pics look really good but when I held them in my hand I was so frustrated with that glitter ****... why? Just why put glitter on them?!
theyre supposed to have glitter. OG's and 2007 retro had glitter on the midsole

Last edited:
What, those are my favorite out of the 13s, next would be the Playoff 13s and the final would be the Black and Red 13s.

Seriously brother!!!

A simple google woulda yielded you the results. LOL. But it being your favorite and then not really knowing if it is. haha.

Back
Top Bottom