Are canadian NHL hockey games always sold out?

even when the teams are bad? i find it sad no canadian team has won the cup in awhile. I dont understand why they dont just give lou lamerillo a ton of moneyto be gm. he would prob decline but still. ...i remeber calgary was in the final and the crowd was pretty cool.

Yes. The Vancouver Canucks have had everygame sellout since November 14, 2002...and before that there was another long streak, it is the same with otherCanadian clubs.

Hockey needs to have more teams in Canada, and the sport needs to be based primarily in Canada. America doesn't give a hoot about hockey.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

im from vancouver and i hate hockey. *@!+ HOCKEY.

co-sign.

i love it during playoff time though when it's a complete ruckus.. word to 72nd and scott road.
laugh.gif

Yes, games in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver are almost always sold out.

It's such a vicious cycle...fans love the sport to death that they are willing to buy tickets even when their teams suck. Owners are making tons of moneyso they dont feel pressured to improve their franchises. Another negative aspect about all this is that the high demand for tickets results in ridiculouslyoverpriced games.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Hockey needs to have more teams in Canada, and the sport needs to be based primarily in Canada. America doesn't give a hoot about hockey.
No it doesn't, and that's not always true.

A handful of Canadian teams did not survive in the NHL, and those teams are now based in American cities.
Its' just that some American people can't relate to the players, who are Canadian, Russian, Latvian, etc...

Hockey is such a minority when compared to the NFL, NBA and MLB.
smh.gif

I think with Canadian teams, the majority of fans are just home team fans that don't keep with the rest of the league unless it's the playoffs.

I heard on the radio that Tampa has like 4000 season tickets available for next season at just over $280, I think it is, and that includes coupons for food.Works out to like $6 per game or something like that.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

I heard on the radio that Tampa has like 4000 season tickets available for next season at just over $280, I think it is, and that includes coupons for food. Works out to like $6 per game or something like that.

eek.gif
you can't even have a decent night at the ACC to watchthe leafs with $300

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

A handful of Canadian teams did not survive in the NHL, and those teams are now based in American cities.
Its' just that some American people can't relate to the players, who are Canadian, Russian, Latvian, etc...

smh.gif

Oh, really? Except for the Northeast, hockey has probably a few spots here and there around the U.S. that have really good hockey teams and followings. If youthink the majority of fans in Canada don't have more of an interest towards hockey and is the base of hockey then you're nuts. ESPECIALLY because wehave the NFL, NBA, and MLB here. There are only a handful of fans around all of America compared to most of all Canadians who grow up on hockey. Trust me,hockey wouldn't be missed too much by America if it were to be based all primarily in Canada. No question.

Edit: A little microcosm. You can tell m\by the few posts in this thread. This post will vanish in a few hours because...who cares?

smh.gif

Oh, really? Except for the Northeast, hockey has probably a few spots here and there around the U.S. that have really good hockey teams and followings. If you think the majority of fans in Canada don't have more of an interest towards hockey and is the base of hockey then you're nuts. ESPECIALLY because we have the NFL, NBA, and MLB here. There are only a handful of fans around all of America compared to most of all Canadians who grow up on hockey. Trust me, hockey wouldn't be missed too much by America if it were to be based all primarily in Canada. No question.

Edit: A little microcosm. You can tell m\by the few posts in this thread. This post will vanish in a few hours because...who cares?
have you seen the NHL thread? sure it's the same handful of people posting in it a lot...but i mean i think there's a decent amount ofhockey fans NT. it's definitely grown quite a bit from when i was first on this board.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

smh.gif

Oh, really? Except for the Northeast, hockey has probably a few spots here and there around the U.S. that have really good hockey teams and followings. If you think the majority of fans in Canada don't have more of an interest towards hockey and is the base of hockey then you're nuts. ESPECIALLY because we have the NFL, NBA, and MLB here. There are only a handful of fans around all of America compared to most of all Canadians who grow up on hockey. Trust me, hockey wouldn't be missed too much by America if it were to be based all primarily in Canada. No question.

have you seen the NHL thread? sure it's the same handful of people posting in it a lot...but i mean i think there's a decent amount of hockey fans NT. it's definitely grown quite a bit from when i was first on this board.
Son yall have 1 thread which is shorter than the Lakers thread or Lebron James NYC rumors thread
laugh.gif
. That is pretty much a metaphor for Hockey's place in American Society.
I'd say, sell the rights to Canadian investors. Liquidate all American Hockey assets and call it a Day.

Canadaian market is great, games sell out. Not so much down here.

smh.gif
a decent amount compared to the thousands of NT'ers. Sure, hockey is entetaining, but it's 110% much more appreciated in Canada then anywhere elsein America. Minnesota and Michigan are the only states that are even close. And Minnesota don't even give two poops about the Wild. It's all aboutcollege there.

It's tough to get tickets to Vancouver games without paying way more than face value...

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

im from Saskatchewan and i hate hockey. *@!+ HOCKEY.

co-sign.

i love it during playoff time though when it's a complete ruckus.. word to 72nd and scott road.
laugh.gif

Man, I would love to go down Whyte ave or the Red mile when those respective clubs are killin it in the playoffs. That would be something sweet to experience.

smh.gif
a decent amount compared to the thousands of NT'ers. Sure, hockey is entetaining, but it's 110% much more appreciated in Canada then anywhere else in America. Minnesota and Michigan are the only states that are even close. And Minnesota don't even give two poops about the Wild. It's all about college there.
well true...but i mean it's the national sport. of course they're going to appreciate it more. i didn't mean to say we come close herein the states, i was just trying to say it's not a dead sport in the states. that's all.

EDIT: and as far as my NT comment, given the general demographic that visits NT, i think there's a decent following. that statement might cause acommotion, but i'll leave it at that.

^ No..You're right. My whole thing is that if America cut there teams in the U.S. and threw them up into Canada and America kept their top 5 or 7teams/markets then you can still keep those diehard American hockey fans and also keep the game to the rightful owners (rightful meaning founding nation).

its sold out usually, but thats because scalpers bought the tickets or season ticket holders didnt go

when the camera pans around during games, u usually see quite a few empty seats

^ No..You're right. My whole thing is that if America cut there teams in the U.S. and threw them up into Canada and America kept their top 5 or 7 teams/markets then you can still keep those diehard American hockey fans and also keep the game to the rightful owners (rightful meaning founding nation).
oh gotcha

cquan - wasn't toronto supposed to get another team or something? i thought i heard talk of that.

Back
Top Bottom