Are online courses for college hard?

I have to take a couple online classes this upcomming semester are they usaully easy or hard...any tips?

No, they're not that difficult but I would advise you to stay on top of deadlines. They tend to sneak up with you without notice, since you'rebasically guiding yourself throughout the course.
wink.gif

so they just email you the stuff to do..or is there a website.. i need to ask them tommrow..gahh

The website should be on your school's site. They post assignments, the syllabus, test dates and times, and discussion boards. You'll probably have topost something once a week, respond to another person's post, turn in assignments via email, take quizzes and tests via the web applet, and correspondw/your teacher and other students through the school's email system.

its better to take actual classes. i have one online course this semester, i slowly flopped to a point that i dont do any work anymore. its just so hard to doit, to me personally.

Originally Posted by Masta Euda

its better to take actual classes. i have one online course this semester, i slowly flopped to a point that i dont do any work anymore. its just so hard to do it, to me personally.

It really depends on your personality. If you constantly need someone to tell you what to do and remind you of upcoming deadlines, then online classesaren't for you. If you can manage to stay on top of your assignments and deadlines - you can more than likely succeed in an online class.

Originally Posted by Doctor Demise

its better to take actual classes. i have one online course this semester, i slowly flopped to a point that i dont do any work anymore. its just so hard to do it, to me personally.

It really depends on your personality. If you constantly need someone to tell you what to do and remind you of upcoming deadlines, then online classes aren't for you. If you can manage to stay on top of your assignments and deadlines - you can more than likely succeed in an online class.

Don't do it. It sucks. Everybody in my class does there weekly post and responses...except they fail to realize that they have to be in bynoon...
laugh.gif
and I mean EVERYBODY posts them in the afternoon. Plus in my intro to mass communication class, the book is full of random fact after random fact,page after page, so you don't know what to study for. I'm the type that sits in class, doesn't take notes, just soaks it all up and then aces theexam. I've come to the conclusion I may just have to retake this class if I can get my professor to teach it in a classroom.
smh.gif

I need a blunt.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by buggz05

It really depends on your personality. If you constantly need someone to tell you what to do and remind you of upcoming deadlines, then online classes aren't for you. If you can manage to stay on top of your assignments and deadlines - you can more than likely succeed in an online class.

Don't do it. It sucks. Everybody in my class does there weekly post and responses...except they fail to realize that they have to be in by noon...
laugh.gif
and I mean EVERYBODY posts them in the afternoon. Plus in my intro to mass communication class, the book is full of random fact after random fact, page after page, so you don't know what to study for. I'm the type that sits in class, doesn't take notes, just soaks it all up and then aces the exam. I've come to the conclusion I may just have to retake this class if I can get my professor to teach it in a classroom.
smh.gif

I need a blunt.
mad.gif

Oh man, this lesbian that was teaching this "women's studies" class (this was my last quarter until I earned my degree, and I had to take thislame class) was a total feminist nazi.
laugh.gif
She made us do a group presentation (for anonline class...
smh.gif
) made us write 5 essays, post AND reply at least twice aweek, and had 5 quizzes and exams.
indifferent.gif
Everytime we would ask her something on themessage board, she'd reply with some snotty and rude comment... practically delivering the stoneface in typed-out words.
laugh.gif
I've taken plenty of online classes, but this woman was an exception... as if she was madat the world... probably didn't have any action in a while.

Damn how do you do a group presentation for an online class?

That sounds about right for online classes tho...ours is answer chapter questions by wed. reply by thurs. and then the essays and exams.

My problem is that sometimes I forget about the online class completely. And my professor for the online, is the same as my video production class. And I'mso busy from video/audio class that my schedule gets mixed up. He also told me that if your taking video/audio(which are 2 different classes but areco-requisite) that you shouldn't take anything else because you wont have time for another class. So maybe he'll be nice and understand theproblem...But he's also the straight-forward guy who doesn't take any crap, and what he says is what he says and shame on you for messin up- type ofprofessor.

Originally Posted by buggz05

Damn how do you do a group presentation for an online class?

With great difficulty.
laugh.gif
We started having to post in this one section that we needed a group... then like 10 people would reply to be in that onegroup... but only 3 could be in a group so we had to split out of the group and make another one... then people added the class late and were added topreexisting groups by the teacher. The whole thing was turmoil.
laugh.gif

lmao
sounds like disaster
i pre-checked my teacher for next semester
and damn is she fine.
but her voice kinda reminds me of my chiguauha

I signed up to take Accounting online last semester but dropped by the first week. There was hella stuff due each week by certain times. It really depends onthe type of individual you are, but I know I wouldn't be able to do it.

It really depends on YOU and especially the teacher. If the teacher sucks its going to be hell.

The website should be on your school's site. They post assignments, the syllabus, test dates and times, and discussion boards. You'll probably have to post something once a week, respond to another person's post, turn in assignments via email, take quizzes and tests via the web applet, and correspond w/your teacher and other students through the school's email system.
bingo!

After taking an online course this semester, I can say that they are much harder then a regular class.

I ALWAYS forget about the online class and find myself doing assignments at the last minute. I guess its up to the person taking the course.

The only real thing difficult about it is the self-motivation. Being at home behind your own computer isn't the best environment to get to you pumped fordoing schoolwork for a class you've never stepped foot into.

Like others said, stay on top of it, and it's no biggie. But, that's also the hard part--staying on task and on track with the assignments.

piece of cake, usually. i've taken several. some classes require that you go to the campus to take tests/quizzes... those suck because i like to flipthrough my book from time to time
laugh.gif
i had to get myself another calendar to write ALL due dates, because i'm forgetful.

It depends on the type of class. I took an online class freshman year, and the biggest problem I had was actually doing the work and reading for class.It's too easy to put off the work since you never have to go to class. Just make sure you stay on top of your stuff.

Back
Top Bottom