Are the XVII's good to ball in?

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

The cdp 17s are good to ball in....lockdown is butter,

Now that you mention it, heel was super stiff on my OGs. I literally had to bend them to stop the chafing.

Now that you mention it, heel was super stiff on my OGs. I literally had to bend them to stop the chafing.

One of my favorite jays to ball in. I've balled in the OG White Blue, Lightning lows, and CDP's.

Super comfortable, and they provide the most midfoot support in the Jordan line due to the rubber under the arch, and a hefty carbon plate.

Heel cushioning is firm yet forgiving. Forefoot zoom is a thicker bag, which diminishes court feel somewhat, but its appreciated over the course of a full game. Traction is great after a few wears on indoor courts. In fact, my OG white blue which is been played in for YEARS, has better traction that my CDP pair. They are both the same, but the shoe it self gets better with age due to the softness of the rubber compound.

Ankle support when laced is almost too much, which is why I preferred playing in the AJ 17 low. Same midfoot support with and equal ankle protection.

Keep in mind they were designed for a heavier, almost 40 year old MJ. That kind of midfoot support and lockdown was necessary.

No difference between CDP and OG comfort wise.

Hope this helps!

One of my favorite jays to ball in. I've balled in the OG White Blue, Lightning lows, and CDP's.

Super comfortable, and they provide the most midfoot support in the Jordan line due to the rubber under the arch, and a hefty carbon plate.

Heel cushioning is firm yet forgiving. Forefoot zoom is a thicker bag, which diminishes court feel somewhat, but its appreciated over the course of a full game. Traction is great after a few wears on indoor courts. In fact, my OG white blue which is been played in for YEARS, has better traction that my CDP pair. They are both the same, but the shoe it self gets better with age due to the softness of the rubber compound.

Ankle support when laced is almost too much, which is why I preferred playing in the AJ 17 low. Same midfoot support with and equal ankle protection.

Keep in mind they were designed for a heavier, almost 40 year old MJ. That kind of midfoot support and lockdown was necessary.

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!

XVII is an excellent balling shoe. Not soft cushioning, but amazing support and impeccable court feel.

XVII is an excellent balling shoe. Not soft cushioning, but amazing support and impeccable court feel.

My og 17's last me for 2 years of balling. i really liked them.

The support is good.

The support is good.

The support is good.

The support is good.

They are without a doubt one of my top 3 or 4 shoes to play in of all time....maybe #1

They are without a doubt one of my top 3 or 4 shoes to play in of all time....maybe #1

Great shoes for hooping once their broken in, but they are extremely stiff for the first few wears, like foams.

Great shoes for hooping once their broken in, but they are extremely stiff for the first few wears, like foams.

Back
Top Bottom