Are We Really Smarter Than Animals?

clearly.. we just misue the power of intelligence. You ever seen a community of jellyfish come together to discuss whether they're smarter than humans? No. Because they don't have the capacity to. But we don't have the need for this discussion either, now do we? Stop wasting intelligence man
grin.gif

Animals have the capacity to perform basic life functions and most of them do it well... if they didn't they'd be extinct.
Humans have the capacity to perform basic life functions + the capacity to do much bigger and more grand things.

IMO much of what we have accomplished as the human race can be attributed to greed and greed has its pros and cons.
On one hand humans have the incentive to create magnificent things, but on the other hand as a population we don't have the capability of restraining our greed in the name of the environment or in the name of others so how smart are we really?

I believe that we are smarter than animals in terms of brain power, but the way we have used our intelligence has been, in part, detrimental to the human race as well as the biosphere.

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

clearly.. we just misue the power of intelligence. You ever seen a community of jellyfish come together to discuss whether they're smarter than humans? No. Because they don't have the capacity to. But we don't have the need for this discussion either, now do we? Stop wasting intelligence man
grin.gif

How do we know what Jellyfish talk about? Or because we can't understand how they communicate with each other we ASSUME that they can't or downplay how complex their communication levels are. Right.

This is a legit question.

grin.gif
The capacity for higher thought in human-beings is a curse....imo. Said jellyfish live their lives more or less carefree, only driven by the most basic of instincts. Human-beings trivialize everything.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

They dont even have brains all they can do is react to stimuli.

I looked at your first response about humans not being animals and assumed you were being sarcastic....then I saw this post and now I wonder if you truly believe what you're saying.
nerd.gif

Of course we're smart DC. What a stupid question. Who do you think created Yuku? Oh wait...

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I got Surround Sound and HD... Bears dont.

so being entertained starring into a rectangle as your life passes by is considered intelligence? 

watching men throwing a ball around?  is that intelligent? 

many humans live sedated lives in front of an HDTV, bears live in HD. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

grin.gif

How do we know what Jellyfish talk about? Or because we can't understand how they communicate with each other we ASSUME that they can't or downplay how complex their communication levels are. Right.

This is a legit question.
No. It's not.
alien.gif

You're ASSUMING jellyfish can communicate with eachother without any communicative senses or even a brain to comprehend such things.

Better comparison would be an organ from another animal like the heart, liver or kidney. They do what they do but they don't think about it do they?

Back
Top Bottom