Are you tired of the Jordan Brand price raises? Vote and voice your opinion! Be heard!!!

Are you tired of the Jordan Brand price raises?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What up NT fam,

Most of us have purchased at least one "remastered" shoe within 2015. I'm pretty sure all of us agree that the materials are slightly better, such as softer tumbled leather. A lot of you argue that we should have been getting that type of quality all along due to the huge profit margins Jordan Brand brings in quarter after quarter. And now we may see upcoming low top XI and holiday Jordan XI take ANOTHER price increase. Now Jordan Brand knows the XI is their bread and butter shoe and we are suckers for it. But enough is enough. They can't keep raising prices on us. So let your voice be heard. We all know there are Nike and Jordan Brand reps that read this board. Some people may say this thread is pointless. Welp, you will never know unless you voice your opinion. I'm sure this poll will grab their attention. Vote against the price increases and voice your opinion below!!!! 

Who isn't, but at the end of the day its a business and you cant stop them from charging prices that people are willing to continue to pay

I voted yes, but if you are really adamant about trying to get your message heard wouldn't you want to go to a much larger place to voice your protest?  Not that Niketalk doesn't matter, it does.  But not all sneaker heads come here.

This is a silly topic. Do you expect anyone to vote no? Of course everyone would rather have lower prices and better quality, but in the end Jordan Brand is a business and will continue to sell their products at the highest price point they can get away with. If you're trying to argue whether the remastered shoes are worth the price increase, that's a different story, but no one should expect to get better quality AND a lower price when history has shown that the consumers will pay and the shoes sell out. For the record, I have no issues paying the remastered price and would go back and pay $20 more for the retros I've purchased last few years for better materials.

I voted yes, but if you are really adamant about trying to get your message heard wouldn't you want to go to a much larger place to voice your protest?  Not that Niketalk doesn't matter, it does.  But not all sneaker heads come here.
True, but it's a start!

The problem isn't Nike. It's the people who pay "resell" prices for shoes. They're the ones that show nike how much more people are willing to pay for a sneaker and they're the ones who make nike think they represent the entire sneaker community.

Last edited:
The problem isn't Nike. It's the people who pay "resell" prices for shoes. They're the ones that show nike how much more people are willing to pay for a sneaker and they're the ones who make nike think they represent the entire sneaker community.
it's that and also the instant sell through of almost every shoe. that tells nike point blank period, "we aren't charging these sheep enough money".

I don't think the primary demographic really cares. Too materialistic. Most of the fan base are teens and young adults, **** who cares about prices when you've got disposable income whilst living with your folks. Nothings going to change. Most of what yall spend on kicks these days would be considered lunacy 10-15 years ago. **** when I was 17, I bought nothing but kicks with my Taco Bell salary, never looked at a price tag once. All I knew was that I wanted it, and no one was going to stop me. Not no damn price hike either. When your a teen, materialism is life. After this wave, It'll be the next wave. Its going to be a never ending cycle. Demand will always be up and prices too. Nike is just taking advantage, as well as they should. Just hoping that this is all but a fad.

jordans business is at an all time high.....

if anything, they will keep doing what they are doing.

"Jordans are at an all time high right now..... Let's change something." 

they sell out instantly.... and when they don't, they still sell faster than any other model. on top of that, people are paying resell prices. this topic is a joke until people stop buying.

they sell out instantly.... and when they don't, they still sell faster than any other model. on top of that, people are paying resell prices. this topic is a joke until people stop buying.

I think it's a joke that people won't fight for what's right. We all know we won't stop buying. But, we need to let Jordan Brand know we don't like these price hikes one bit on every model. This thread is only pointless if people don't vote. Numbers matter.

Take a look at the auto industry. The Corvette has always sold huge numbers but it's interior used to be a hot mess. Well people starting voicing their opinions on forums in an organized manner and GM started listening. Now the interior is one of sweetest in any sports car at any price point. And they didn't raise their prices because of it.

Last edited:
I've pretty much stop buying completely. I can't afford to spend $200 on a pair a couple times a month. with 2 kids, mortgage, car payment, and bills, I can't justify spending that money on myself. Plus I'm too old to be waiting in line or camping for some shoes. I pretty much have most of the J's I wanted as a kid and more, but there is still some pairs I want. I'm just waiting for the retro Jordan bubble to burst (hopefully sooner than later) so prices will drop and the market will be flooded with J's from all the beasts trying to get rid of them. Like others have said, JB is a business and their in it to make money. As much as I hate it I can't really get mad at them for raising prices and cashing in on the hype train. I can get mad at them for the stupid remasterd crap their pulling. If they're going to raise prices and say the retros will be remaster as close to OG as possible then that's what they should do, not just use slightly better quality materials claim they're remasterd and raise prices.

As soon as I saw the 88 3's priced at $200 I said: 

Ok, special release, and I was fortunate to grab 2 pairs. 

When I saw that the columbia 11 was going to be $200 (which I predicted about 3-4 years ago that soon the Xmas 11 would be $200) that shoe capped off my 11 and jordan collection.

I got the pantone pack because I won a raffle. 

Now that the standard in line retro is $200, I've chosen to stop buying.

I WILL, however buy the Chicago 1 at 160 to cap my 1s collection. If I can't get it for retail, i'm not stressing too badly. It's just a shoe.

And now here we are, this year's Xmas 11 is $220, then next it will be $235 and $250. 

Foams will eventually reach $300. $250 for yeezy foams last year and now $275 for mirror foams. this is damn near car note territory for RETAIL price on a shoe, then you add tax.

In Louisiana, the Mirror foams would've costed me $299.06.  When I had a car note, it was $317/month.

HELL NO. Hell, I paid $315 for a pair of Royal Foams back in 2012, Deadstock, and that's a resale price. 

Nike's very smart. 

Last edited:
People don't vote.
Right now about 10-12% of the population vote for THE PRESIDENT.
You really think people will vote to change some shoe business pricing strategies?

I got 30 votes. It's a start. keepem coming. I got faith in my fellow sneakerheads. Voice your opinion regardless of the side you choose. Be heard

The bubble will pop when the generation that grew up watching Jordan no longer is inclined to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on his shoes because of age(growing out of it or life bringing on more responsibilities like someone above mentioned such as kids and mortgages).

Which won't be for awhile.

As long as people continue to buy, the thread is pointless.

I've pretty much stop buying completely. I can't afford to spend $200 on a pair a couple times a month. with 2 kids, mortgage, car payment, and bills, I can't justify spending that money on myself. Plus I'm too old to be waiting in line or camping for some shoes. I pretty much have most of the J's I wanted as a kid and more, but there is still some pairs I want. I'm just waiting for the retro Jordan bubble to burst (hopefully sooner than later) so prices will drop and the market will be flooded with J's from all the beasts trying to get rid of them. Like others have said, JB is a business and their in it to make money. As much as I hate it I can't really get mad at them for raising prices and cashing in on the hype train. I can get mad at them for the stupid remasterd crap their pulling. If they're going to raise prices and say the retros will be remaster as close to OG as possible then that's what they should do, not just use slightly better quality materials claim they're remasterd and raise prices.
WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!! Repped

/thread

As soon as I saw the 88 3's priced at $200 I said: 

Ok, special release, and I was fortunate to grab 2 pairs. 

When I saw that the columbia 11 was going to be $200 (which I predicted about 3-4 years ago that soon the Xmas 11 would be $200) that shoe capped off my 11 and jordan collection.

I got the pantone pack because I won a raffle. 

Now that the standard in line retro is $200, I've chosen to stop buying.

I WILL, however buy the Chicago 1 at 160 to cap my 1s collection. If I can't get it for retail, i'm not stressing too badly. It's just a shoe.

And now here we are, this year's Xmas 11 is $220, then next it will be $235 and $250. 

Foams will eventually reach $300. $250 for yeezy foams last year and now $275 for mirror foams. this is damn near car note territory for RETAIL price on a shoe, then you add tax.

In Louisiana, the Mirror foams would've costed me $299.06.  When I had a car note, it was $317/month.

HELL NO. Hell, I paid $315 for a pair of Royal Foams back in 2012, Deadstock, and that's a resale price. 

Nike's very smart. 

Nike just taking advantage of a hot product. Nothing new companies like Louis Vuitton, coach, Gucci been doing this for years. The same wallet I bought from lv 3 yrs ago costs $100 more today. Carry on bag $300 more, same material and designs.
Nike doesn't care because fools still paying those prices.

Back
Top Bottom