Army Strong

Ha%20ha%202.jpg

Long time no see, my NT familia. 
laugh.gif

Any army guys on here?  I'm about to swear in tomorrow, and I leave for basic in July.  I scored an intel job as a signals intelligence analyst.  What to expect?  I'm doing BCT at Ft. Leonardwood in Missouri, and AIT at Goodfellow AFB in Texas.

The funny part is that I tried for the Air Force originally.  I got disqualified because I have a neck tattoo.  Convo went like this:

Me:  "Hey, I was wondering if I could speak to a recruiter about joining the Air Force?
Him:  *sees neck tattoo* "Can't help ya, buddy.  Any tattoos above the collarbone are an automatic DQ.  So no, you can't be doin ride-by's on your homies in fighter jets.
laugh.gif
"
Me: 
indifferent.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
*walks next door to army recruiter*

The End.

*waits for 'cool story, bro' and 'riveting tale, chap'*
nerd.gif

good luck homie.

you're better than i am 'cause i would have addressed the recruiter with the tat comment.

Originally Posted by J23S

I bet a white dude said that to you
Yeah, he was caucasian.  I had my infant son with me so there would have been no point in me tryna fight dude over somethin so small.  Plus he prolly woulda flexed me...guy was HUGE (paws)

i hated basis.

TIPS: don't fall asleep on fire watch/night guard. don't brown nose drill sergeants. don't rat out your platoon mates. false motivation will only get you so far before you are figured out, so use it wisely. don't fall for the "joni’s sticking your girl right now" bit 'cause it is all talk to break you. (well, unless your girl actually is with another dude while you're away.) enjoy being free and being allowed to watch and eat what you want now, because when you ship off to basic, it all ends.....well for however long you are in basic. calling cards and letters are your friends, get familiar with them early.

Congrats dude, intel in any service is a good deal when it comes to your future. Get that TS security clearance and you're set. I actually know a girl who does Signal Intel in the AF, she likes it and does some pretty dope stuff. (Of course she can't tell me about it.
laugh.gif
) But yeah I've been in the AF for about 4 years now and overall the military is a pretty good deal. You'll see the the desert a little more being that you are in the Army but that means more $$ for you and your fam. My only advice is taking advantage of the free education and travel homie, that first enlistment goes by fast and you want to have something to show for it if you decide to get out.

Oh yeah, you gonna wish you would have came into the AF once you you get to Goodfellow and see all the dime AF girls.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Good look bru.

Expect the level of suck in your life to increase 1,000,000 fold.

Just remember, regardless of what they may say, you can leave bootcamp at any time and it won't even count as a discharge. As a matter of fact, even though you've "sworn in" you can still tell them to kick rocks.

You have a son and you still wanna do this? Yeah, I'm here to talk you out of it. Get your degree and hustle out here in the civilian world. Don't be a robot/bullet spounge for the man.

I did that !$@* and wasted valuable time in it and trying to regroup after it. All it's gonna do is program you to think like one of them. Do you really want that? Do you really want some idiot who outranks you in the military, but is a {} in real life telling you what to do?

Here's another thing to think about. You are on call 24 hours a day. Your life is expendable. How much is that worth to you?

Now divide an E-4's pay by the number of hours worked (go ahead and include the benefits like medical/dental, extra pay for your son/family), guess what, you still ain't getting paid well.

Good luck though.
smh.gif

I've given it a lot of thought...and I really couldn't find any negatives about the army past the obvious.

I came from nothing, so the money will be a step up regardless...I'm pretty smart, and I feel like this could be a good stepping stone for college and all that jazz once I'm out. I know you typed all that with good intentions to make me think real hard, and from man to man I really appreciate that. But you know as well as I know, every man has to stand on his own two feet, and if it ain't for me, I'll find out the hard way. Thanks, fam.

And Wordy, if them girls are as fine as you makin em out to be, I'm gonna be upset. I qualified for damn near everything with my ASVAB score in all the branches...it just sucks about the tattoo thing. It's SUPER SMALL too
indifferent.gif

I'm looking forward to it all...for now I'm just running and exercising to get myself back into shape like my track & field days. I'm not fat or anything, but I used to be able to knock out 4 miles like it was nothing. I ran two miles this morning and felt like I was dying.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

I've given it a lot of thought...and I really couldn't find any negatives about the army past the obvious.

I came from nothing, so the money will be a step up regardless...I'm pretty smart, and I feel like this could be a good stepping stone for college and all that jazz once I'm out. I know you typed all that with good intentions to make me think real hard, and from man to man I really appreciate that. But you know as well as I know, every man has to stand on his own two feet, and if it ain't for me, I'll find out the hard way. Thanks, fam.

And Wordy, if them girls are as fine as you makin em out to be, I'm gonna be upset. I qualified for damn near everything with my ASVAB score in all the branches...it just sucks about the tattoo thing. It's SUPER SMALL too
indifferent.gif

I'm looking forward to it all...for now I'm just running and exercising to get myself back into shape like my track & field days. I'm not fat or anything, but I used to be able to knock out 4 miles like it was nothing. I ran two miles this morning and felt like I was dying.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I have been thinking about joining the Military HARD lately. I would really like to be a Marine Scout Sniper. I keep thinking I am too smart for the Marines, all of the Marines I have known have been... kind of slow. Im probably just being ignorant though.
I am torn between the AF, Army and Marines. I know I will excell in any of them, I just dont know which one I would be best for.

General Johnso, Sounds like you had a pretty +#%#+% experience in the military, I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that had more to do with you then the Army. I know plenty of Army cats who are doin just find.

It's all about what you make (or in your case made) of it. As far as being a robot for the "man" and having somebody that outranks you; this holds true for any job. The majority of the civilian workforce spends their working lives as “pawns

WORD DIRT I feel you on this. I'm a corporal in the Army soon to make E-5 sergeant. It's what you make of it. If you wanna make it in the the Military life you gotta be on your toes at all times, be a squard away soldier.
When i was a fresh Private i hated life for the simple fact that i was always tasked out to do the $#+$# work, And being In the Infantry we spend a lot of time out in the shooting ranges.
N for my man General Johnson the only time i worked 24/7 was when i was deployed OIF operation Iraqi freedom. Now that I'm state side I off around 3pm 5 the latest.

Im a Helion Powerto you my man you wanna get out n do something with your self. the only regret that i have was that i didnt join fresh out of high school. I joined 4years later. good luck with your journy, n the best advice i can give is this "TIME NEVER STOPS".

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

who the hell gets tattoos on there neck
People.  And you seem to be perplexed by the English language...handle that.

Good lookin out for the words of advice, y'all.  The reason I didn't join fresh out of HS is because I tried to do the college thing...and let me say that a 17-year old + ultimate freedom didn't work out too well
laugh.gif

I'm only 20, so I got my whole life ahead of me.  College didn't work out at first, but oh well.  I could be doing much worse, and I'm working to change my situation.

And Wordy, I plan on doing Green to Gold in the future.  You ever considered it?

Originally Posted by SURE LOCK 510

why not get that %#*$ removed, if AF is what you really wanna do?
I guess it's really my fault for not seein how much is cost to do so...but I was and still am dead broke.  So I let it go.

I'm not in, but I'm an Army brat and have been around it my whole life. People really talk out of their +!@ when it comes to the military. It's a great decision IMO, and you can sign a short term if you're unsure and just reenlist. Like dude said, AF girls are bad though, but so are Army females. You get money for college, get to learn a skill, get respect and discounts everywhere, secure employment, travel, meet a diversity of people you might not have otherwise, you could go on for days about the benefits. What MOS are you considering?

My room mate was Air Traffic Control and he got out and got a job at O'Hare, which IIRC is like the 3rd biggest airport in the country and is paying him 6 figures right off jump. He's like 26. He'd probably be more an example of someone who isn't so bright who was able to use the Army as a stepping stone to get where he wanted, but on the same token you have people who are bright and know exactly what they want out of life who are able to use the Military to get there, any career, college, etc.

Back
Top Bottom