ARTWORK

nhasato- the very first painting you posted on page 1 in phenomenal. I'd love to see a macro shot of the detail work in the lighter areas of thepainting...if you have the time. Sick though!

Still getting used to the body and face, before I took this class last spring, I was horrible at drawing forms and faces, now I've really picked it up...

Did this for my nephew
2w4mdqf.jpg

rushed this one for a school project
2115if4.jpg

Cool stuff everyone! Phinsfan, nice stuff a comment if oyu dont mind. Did you do those with charcoal? Add more tone to it, let there be real dark parts andreal bright parts. Needs more contrast, too many light greys.

bnastyearly, real ghetto stuff, great job!

nocomment, appreciate the comment, haha
they were charcoal, but i used only vine, not compressed, so the contrast is pretty weak, they were some of my first charcoal pieces. i'm a graphic designmajor so i'm not too familiar with drawing or painting techniques. i just took my first drawing class last semester, and about to go into the upper level.still learning a lot. my best piece last year was a self portrait, lifesize, took me like 18 hours total one weekend i just stayed inside instead of partying.it was frickin great, easily the best piece i've ever done in ANY medium so far. i left it my garage because i sprayed it to protect the charcoal, and myroommate ran it over completely. destroyed it. i was so effing pissed

that's really good man, did you give it to his parents or anyone close to him? or just for yourself?

Phinsfan, I hear you, thats why I keep all my work pretty much locked up. In graphic design university/college? Where are you from?

Kicks4eva, nice stuff I can see a lot of work in that. Deffinately nice job. It's fresh, I like how there are raw erasings in it. A little comment if youdont mind, some places he looks as if he was sweating, too shiny know what I mean, like for example above the eyebrows. Otherwise, amazing portrait!

yeah thanks for the comments guys, i actually kept the drawing and just made one print to give to his dad...

Just thought I'd add a few things, some are digital, some are by hand. Let me know what ya think.

1pdtsy.jpg

24l9dly.jpg

Young Frank Sinatra

sorry so many pics haha enjoy

stetz23- Good work, keep it up
pimp.gif

bnastyearly- Tight Work
pimp.gif

Phinsfan13-Sorry bro, but your drawings suck. I respect you for trying though.

The Ali and the Rolls are both done in illustrator. I'm thinkin about doing Ali in acrylic soon tho. But they're just vector.

no its colored pencil on canson paper...

Thanks, i actually did two of them haha that one was the better one

Back
Top Bottom