ARTWORK

Saw this months ago, good to see it again
pimp.gif

flawles great stuff, although I suppose those are a lot cooler up live. pretty much the whole idea of abstract expressionism.

Thanks a lot, yeah they're much better to look at in person like you said. I like abstract expressionism but sometimes feel like its a cop out, it wassuch a vague way of painting that it made breakthroughs in abstract art harder to obtain for artists after the 50s, etc.

My first oil painting ever. The pictures don't really do it justice. Any feedback is really appreciated.
vip892.jpg

First off I would say direction and proportion are the two most important thing when doing a portrai, the rest is just detail. It's hard to work from aphoto cause you dont feel space and the picture has already been distorted. But if you're looking for a charicature or an abstract painting then give usthat feel more. Make it be all in that style, not a little bit of making it look realistic and a little bit abstract. Decide what you want with the picture. Iaint saying sit down and know what you're going to create, I dont think one artisst ever knew what he realy wanted, but have a theme and stay by that. Alsouse the tones of the face on the background as well, mix up the colours, let them reflect, experiment. good stuff, keep it up!

You'd probably do well to pick a less well known subject aswel. That way dudes cant get at ya on the likeness
laugh.gif

but yeah, paintings tough.

12635b0ced68a4e487d3fabe715a0c398ecee11.pjpg

I seen someone did there version of this earlier in this thread
this was done before I seen that version.
check me out let me know what you think

heyson try to add more contrast to that still life and it will have a better feel of plasticity. keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom