"As a nation, we have got to apologize for slavery" Bernie Sanders

My mother and father grew up during segregation so they put me on early like any real parent would do. Middle school I had a black man who was my social studies teacher in a majority white class. Real cool brother and he gave me extra assignments so I could learn even more about my people.

So no I didn't need a college level African American history class for me to find myself.

Last edited:
sidenote:

I feel type dumb but I was taught in school that black people came to America on slave ships. Never knew that black people were in America before the Euro "pioneers" came and settled....Wasnt til last month in the blow my mind thread I found out, black people along with the Indians were already in America before Europeans.  THey are the real illegal immigrants.....big **** you to St. Catherine's school in Queens.
yo you have any articles on this? I definitely want to read up on it. 

Reparations = Apple Watch, Jordan IV's, and Yeezy's. Let's not go down that road.
laugh.gif

While I agree there should be some type of reparations, I think it should be through some type of continuous program that keeps giving back to us and our generations rather than one big cash out that makes people think that blacks are even and that 250k reverses all of the evils that have occurred and systematic racism that takes place to this day. Because after that 250k is spent . . . it won't end the systematic racism that is truly ******* us. That's what needs to be combatted through reparations.

But at the same time, don't get it twisted . . . I'd rather get 250k than not a ************* thing. 
laugh.gif

:stoneface: at trying to compare a 7-10 year period that Jews were persecuted to the 200+ years that blacks were enslaved PLUS the 70+ years of Jim Crow thats residual effects are still felt to this day....

You forgot the Black Codes enacted after Reconstruction which ultimately led to Jim Crow. Like Chris Rock said, slavery didn't end until 1965 when the Civil Rights Act was passed. Even after that housing discrimination, liberal welfare policies and the war on drugs continue to have a profound effect on American blacks.

Last edited:
"Liberal white guilt did what slavery, segregation, and hundreds of years of racism and hate couldn't: it destroyed the black family."

Would anyone here agree?

Last edited:
sidenote:

I feel type dumb but I was taught in school that black people came to America on slave ships. Never knew that black people were in America before the Euro "pioneers" came and settled....Wasnt til last month in the blow my mind thread I found out, black people along with the Indians were already in America before Europeans.  THey are the real illegal immigrants.....big **** you to St. Catherine's school in Queens.

yo you have any articles on this? I definitely want to read up on it. 

spacedoodoo spacedoodoo and whoever else
Here's an article
http://www.theafrolounge.com/2013/02/12/the-trans-atlantic-slave-trade-a-myth/
An actual book the speaks on the ancient presence of blacks in what is now AMerica
View media item 1628585

An apology isn't enough?

An apology is words. Words mean nothing.

An apology is as useful as the trash some dude in Zimbabwe is tossing out right now.

They owe. The only apology is giving us the reparations we've BEEN owed.

An apology isn't enough?

An apology is words. Words mean nothing.

An apology is as useful as the trash some dude in Zimbabwe is tossing out right now.

They owe. The only apology is giving us the reparations we've BEEN owed.

Would you say you owe reparations to other groups of people that America has wronged? As an American you have let/are letting this stuff happen. If you had to pay a reparation tax so that people of Native American descent could get $1,000,000 each as a reparation for basically being wiped out would you be down with that?

This is not saying that you also shouldn't receive a reparation, but if we are wronging rights then we can't just pick and choose though.

Genius, blacks are about the only ones who the US hasn't broken off.

Italians got paid for getting lynched the precedent has been set.

Last edited:
Real talk the U.S. was built on black slave labor, not native labor, natives go to school for free amongst other things

All that being said, I don't think blacks should get reparations, most of us don't truly appreciate what our ancestors did so we aren't even worthy to accept it on their behalf

Real talk the U.S. was built on black slave labor, not native labor, natives go to school for free amongst other things

All that being said, I don't think blacks should get reparations, most of us don't truly appreciate what our ancestors did so we aren't even worthy to accept it on their behalf

This is an incredibly stupid statement.

Most don't know. They've been doing a great job of killing that part of history. Only thing they teach during BHM is MLK and maybe Rosa Parks. If we were to receive them, I see it helping a lot of people who would make something of it. Of course you'll have those that squander it, but it still give those a chance in a system where the main thing holding them back is finances. People want to start businesses but can't get loans or investors or their jobs don't pay enough to build capital.

Genius, blacks are about the only ones who the US hasn't broken off.

Italians got paid for getting lynched the precedent has been set.

Right. Everybody got broken off but the people who suffered the most. But that's mainly because we are a bastard "race" we have no home country to fight for us. Italians were getting lynched and killed in the U.S., Italy said "Yo, cut that out or else." U.S. said, "Our bad, hey, we're sorry and we'll give them some money, cool?"

Blacks suffer through slavery, become "free" get lynched and hated because they're free, get arrested for stealing land they purchased outright or pay rent on, hit a roadblock at every point of progression that sets them back years, etc. But we don't deserve anything because we are allotted the same opportunities that every other American is given.

The biggest fear is Black people unify, then deconstruct what has been used against them in order to keep those who call themselves white in charge. So many methods have been used to maintain mental slavery since Lincoln got a clue, Dred Scott, separate but unequal, corruption of the Black churches, which were supposed to enhance spirituality, but to this day continues to de emphasis how Jesus thought, placing more emphasis on the worship as a deity, instead of exacting his behaviours in the day to day existence. Many become disillusioned, thinking that simply because you think that you are a good person, that only good will come to you, in Jesus's name.

However, death knocks at the door at the same time every day, it never changes. 

Perspective has to change, seeing what is important.

Do Black people need an apology?

No. 

Instead of saying that you are sorry, show that you are sorry. 

Not in Jesus's name either.

My problem is that a lot of people put too much emphasis on slavery, which is a huge part but still just the tip of the iceberg.

The article I posted on the other page goes into great detail of how whites have destroyed black communities.

What form should reparations take?

Cash seems too ineffective, superficial even, if the goal is anything greater than instant gratification (hopefully it would be).

Maybe education deals? Attractive small business loans?

How would they be assigned? Universal and linear?

Curious if others have thought about this, seems the logistics would bog it down significantly, would need to be executed the right way to really make it worth it IMO

Last edited:
What form should reparations take?

Cash seems too ineffective, superficial even, if the goal is anything greater than instant gratification (hopefully it would be).

Maybe education deals? Attractive small business loans?

How would they be assigned? Universal and linear?

Curious if others have thought about this, seems the logistics would bog it down significantly, would need to be executed the right way to really make it worth it IMO

-No income tax
-Free college education
-Make affirmative action for black people. We haven't benefited from it since the politicians who came up with it included white women to maintain the status quo.

No income tax would essentially be cash, no? Think potential would be vastly under utilized

AA is touchy, how great would the adjustment be? Would it compromise qualifications / productivity?

How would free education work? Student would apply like everyone else, then send the bill to the govt? Or certain schools are designated for free education?

-Make affirmative action for black people. We haven't benefited from it since the politicians who came up with it included white women to maintain the status quo.
Why AA?

Endorsing AA means thinking that minorities aren't able to achieve the same results on their own. Seriously, it's a form of racism/discrimination that allows those who put it into practice to massage their savior complex and feel better about themselves while pretending to help all these "poor, oppressed minorities."

And this is coming from a guy who's deemed a minority.

Last edited:
Affirmative action benefited white women

Not too big on the term minority. I'd rather identify with my group because I've come to realize all these other groups give no ***** about blacks but love to piggyback off our ****.

That's why I get so annoyed when these young black folks with platforms start speaking for other causes when these Jews start funding them.

No no no black lives don't matter...its alllllll lives

Last edited:
Affirmative action benefited white women

Not too big on the term minority. I'd rather identify with my group because I've come to realize all these other groups give no ***** about blacks but love to piggyback off our ****.

That's why I get so annoyed when these young black folks with platforms start speaking for other causes when these Jews start funding them.

No no no black lives don't matter...its alllllll lives

Currently, no one benefit more from AA than white women. But I agree with your post. **** so real. Don't get me started on how racist jewish people are. People so afraid to talk about it though.

I don't think it's so much racism as it is helping their own people.

Jewish folks run the two biggest industries: media + finance. If you go against them, you're done (e.g. Mel Gibson).

Back
Top Bottom