Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Kai Sotto, 7'2 Filipino prospect, skipping college and going straight to the NBA G-league...which is apparently what they're calling the d-league now.

Last edited:
Kai Sotto, 7'2 Filipino prospect, skipping college and going straight to the NBA G-league...which is apparently what they're calling the d-league now.

Nah I'm filipino and I want a filipino to beast in the nba badly but I don't see it with Kai Sotto. Nba bigs are going to be way too mobile and quick for him to keep up with.

I wish him luck but he needs to put in a lot of work.

Isn’t basketball huge in the Philippines?
Yeah, it is. Arguably the #1 sport in the country.

Not sure how much potential Sotta has. His highlights leave a lot to be desired. But he's young and is going to be introduced to NBA Ball. He might have a chance to improve big time.

Jalen Green, a Filipino-American that supposedly a 5-star prospect is going straight to the G-League as well.

Yeah, it is. Arguably the #1 sport in the country.

Not sure how much potential Sotta has. His highlights leave a lot to be desired. But he's young and is going to be introduced to NBA Ball. He might have a chance to improve big time.

Jalen Green, a Filipino-American that supposedly a 5-star prospect is going straight to the G-League as well.

Not arguable lol. Soccer/football is a very distant #2.

Haven't looked into much of his highlights but we got guys like Japeth Aguilar and Kobe Paras who tried to play US college ball and failed for whatever reason. At least Kai is 7' 2" but he def needs to bulk up, and I feel like he needs more lift/explosiveness.

Not arguable lol. Soccer/football is a very distant #2.

Haven't looked into much of his highlights but we got guys like Japeth Aguilar and Kobe Paras who tried to play US college ball and failed for whatever reason. At least Kai is 7' 2" but he def needs to bulk up, and I feel like he needs more lift/explosiveness.
Yeah, I know it's not arguable. Just played it safe in case someone tried to argue soccer lolol.

Heck, I didn't even know they played baseball in the PI until I saw my cousin playing. Even went to one of his tournament games in CA.

Yeah, I know it's not arguable. Just played it safe in case someone tried to argue soccer lolol.

Heck, I didn't even know they played baseball in the PI until I saw my cousin playing. Even went to one of his tournament games in CA.
I’ve never done any research on this but did baseball’s popularity in the PI shrink after the ‘92 LLWS scandal? It boggles my mind that a sport’s popularity doesn’t grow in a country after winning the biggest youth sports tournament across the globe.

I’ve never done any research on this but did baseball’s popularity in the PI shrink after the ‘93 LLWS scandal? It boggles my mind that a sport’s popularity doesn’t grow in a country after winning the biggest youth sports tournament across the globe.
There was a scandal?! Need to research that lol.

Just read it. Had no clue lol.

Lol the only filipinos I know that are into soccer are the ones who grew up in Europe.

If you're filipino but was raised in the states or the Philippines you was playing basketball

Lol the only filipinos I know that are into soccer are the ones who grew up in Europe.

If you're filipino but was raised in the states or the Philippines you was playing basketball

Damn near half the soccer national team are half European lol

Kinda surprised filipinos don't have a player like rui hachimura in the nba yet

There's Jordan Clarkson, I know, but I think rui is going to end up a much better player.

E everysingletime

Before i went to blackpink's concert, i use to think Jisoo was the least attractive member. After seeing them live, she shot up to number 1 on my list. She's that much better looking in real life. Started making sense they put her as the visual.

E everysingletime

Before i went to blackpink's concert, i use to think Jisoo was the least attractive member. After seeing them live, she shot up to number 1 on my list. She's that much better looking in real life. Started making sense they put her as the visual.

top visuals of all time? :nerd:

Jisoo probably has the most classically attractive face out of the four according to korean/asian standards, but Lisa and Jennie are more my speed

E everysingletime

Hmm. I can respect that. Looks wise I personally think the other pinks look better but personality wise she seems super cool. Laid back, homebody, a gamer. Not hard to please.

Seohyun is my favorite. She looks re tard ed sometimes but when she's fine, she's fine as F lol. https://www.google.com/search?q=seo...g&ei=ghC-XpjlFbjN0PEPxvOloAo&***=694&biw=1517

Last edited:
top visuals of all time? :nerd:

Jisoo probably has the most classically attractive face out of the four according to korean/asian standards, but Lisa and Jennie are more my speed
Hmmm. I've thought long and hard about this..

Lol looks wise Rose is my favorite. The first time I've watched blackpink it was Rose my eye went to first. I love her ability to play guitar and she seems the most musical out of the group. Her voice when she speaks English....I can listen to her all day.

Lisa she is attractive but not as attractive as Rose and Jennie. At least when you're judging by pictures. But her personality is so cute - she seems sooooo much fun - and when she decides to be sexy she's sexier than all the other pinks.

Jennie is the second most attractive judging by looks but Rose is more my style, and I like the personalities of the other pinks better. But it's not like she has a rotten personality or anything. She's not unlikable or anything. There's just nothing outside of looks I can point to that draws me to her.

So looks, it'd be :Rose>Jennie>Lisa>Jisoo

Personality it'd be Lisa>Rose>Jisoo>Jennie

My personal taste.

Last edited:
Hard to choose a top but when Irene said “I’m original visual” in Psycho it had me

1589514803837.gif

1589514739506.gif

1589514766765.gif

Screenshot_20200514-234955.jpg
I knew i wasnt the only one
Twitter search "Jisoo real life" and there's tons of people saying the same thing.

Even on reddit

Last edited:
I'm not aware of those other names. Are those other kpop idols?

Idk too many idols by name...by looks yes.

Out of the ones I know... I guess by looks it'd be Rose, Somi, Jennie, Chungha, IU, Lisa

But if you wanna go personality the order is different.

Back
Top Bottom