Asian Culture Discussion Thread

All jokes bro!
First bottle is on me when I come to NY!
soju chum churum (6).jpg
The woman and the soju

tenor.gif

Name the Kpop star girl and you’re safe for rest of week.
Hint: Both Putin and I have expressed our admiration and posted vids of her past few days.
🔥

You know.

Speaking of hidden places.

I was going to crif dogs for years before I realized there was a speakeasy inside their booth :rofl:I've still never been at that speakeasy

Please Dont Tell's been known for ages since Bourdein featured it.
You can get your own David Chang kimchi dog there.

Decibel use to one of my old haunts.

Last edited:
one of my asian american studies profs introduced this film to us a long time ago. I think its an important watch

I went to Galileo (Don's HS) as well by the way :D

Don Bonus doc was hilarious and painful at the same time..really captures the struggle that teen-aged children of immigrants face in urban schools. i havent seen it in a good while but IIRC there's one scene where he talks about his family getting burglarized and the same person who stole their TV tried to sell it back to him (or something as bizarre as that)

sidenote, i was hella close to becoming a teacher at Galileo but ended up taking a position at a smaller HS in the excelsior

I miss hanging in the city but the commute going there and back home when you're drunk and it's late is not fun. The last few years my friends and I just hang somewhere in Queens.

Oh. I use to hang out in Queens too.
Outside of Burger King and Wendys, until that burglary. :nerd:

10 years ago,after KTV in Manhattan, we all went to another KTV in Queens called DIY. I was drunk and didn't want to do KTV anymore, so I went outside for fresh air. Took a walk and stumbled into a Piano bar there. Didn't know the name but just went in alone. Had a fun night by myself and random girls. :lol:

The karaoke places in Queens are fun. My friends took me to some and we'd be there until 5-5:30 am. Weird to still be drinking and singing when we're trying not to fall asleep.

The karaoke places in Queens are fun. My friends took me to some and we'd be there until 5-5:30 am. Weird to still be drinking and singing when we're trying not to fall asleep.
This reminds me coming out of KTV in Koreatown and its bright as hell already. :rofl:

Flushing Queesn Meetup?

shogun shogun take E everysingletime out to Flushing for some KTV. I bet he knows all the BlackPink songs by heart.

Honestly I don't hang out in Queens much

Which is saying something cuz I'm from Queens (before my family moved to long Island)

Flushing got nothing on Manhattan. But if you're closer and you dont want to deal with BS parking

If it's not a Sci fi movie, comic book movie, a Disney movie, or a romantic comedy I'm not going to know the movie guys :rofl:

i give you NY heads major props... anytime i’m in nyc i feel like the city would eat me alive. was way too big for me.

would love to live there one day tho, just don’t know how to uproot my life at the age of 34

Well im in socal where theres plenty of land, dunno how the bayis like. Do you like being in your nice car and driving around? Well i hopeyou like being stuck in a crowded subway with tons of strangers. And you know that smelly homeless guy in the corner? He carries a knife.

Back
Top Bottom